I’m sure you didn’t read the terms of service before browsing this blog, neither did you read that of the apps you install. The terms of service, also abbreviated as TOS, are rules, permissions and guidelines by which one must agree to abide in order to use a service.
Most people don’t really care about it, they just hit the “I Agree” button, then proceed. But surprisingly, there are a few things you’re agreeing to, hidden within the jargon, that might change the way you use the web. There’s a chance you’re even violating a term of service without you realizing it.
According to mashable, here are 10 things you didn’t realize you agreed to in terms of service of social networks like Facebook, Twitter, etc.
1. Facebook has permission to use your photos and videos for whatever it wants.
Don’t be surprised if that your lovely summer picture you took, or a funny video of your pet dog in a Facebook ad. Well, because when you sign up for Facebook, you give it an expansive royalty-free license to use anything you post that could be considered intellectual property.
You still own all of your content, but Facebook is allowed to use it and give other people the right to use it, too. The only way to revoke the license is by deleting the content from Facebook. Twitter, Instagram and Google all have similar clauses in their terms.
2. You can’t use Facebook if you’re a convicted sex offender.
If you’ve been convicted of a sex crime, you aren’t allowed to register for Facebook. But a lot of bad guys have violated this term though. They know themselves!
3. You’re required to keep your contact information up to date.
Facebook requires all users to keep their profiles updated with any changes to their contact information so it can make sure your account is kept secure. While it doesn’t specify a timetable for email addresses, the terms say you need to update your cellphone number within 48 hours of making the change.
4. How you explore Twitter, and how you got there
5. You’re not allowed to squat on a username.
Are you planning to set up a Twitter account for your kid to use when he’s old enough? That’s not allowed, according to Twitter’s terms of service. Twitter typically deletes most accounts within six to nine months of inactivity, so it’s unlikely you’d be able to get away with it anyway.
6. You’re not allowed to post sexually suggestive content.
This one might seem like a no-brainer, but it’s not just nudity that’s banned. The rule itself isn’t very specific, but its sets a presumably lower benchmark than similar rules from Facebook and Twitter limiting offensive content.
7. You’re not supposed to send ideas to Instagram, but if the company actually reads them and likes them, it’ll use them.
Instagram’s terms outline the company’s policy “not to accept or consider content, information, ideas, suggestions or other materials other than those we have specifically requested.” But, there’s a caveat: If, for some reason, your brilliant idea catches the eye of a higher-up, then Instagram can use it and not give you a cent.
8. You can’t add anyone you don’t actually know.
You have to specify how you know someone before you invite him/her to connect on LinkedIn. If you can’t offer a mutual school or workplace, or don’t have an email address linked to his/her account, LinkedIn won’t let you connect.
But proving your acquaintance with a potential connection isn’t just a spam roadblock; it’s written into LinkedIn’s terms, too. That said, plenty of people violate it without caring.
9. Your profile can’t promote escort or prostitution services — even if they’re legal where you live.
Let’s say you’re the proprietor of a lawful business that pairs clients with escorts for, uh, intimate companionship. Don’t bother networking on LinkedIn, because that’s against the rules.
10. You’re not allowed to lie.
It’s said that honesty is the best policy. For LinkedIn, honesty is policy. The network’s user agreement bans users from adding inaccurate information to their profiles. It’s also usually easy for prospective employers to catch, so it’s not worth it in the first place.
Now be the judge! Aren’t you guilty?
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Entertainment10 hours ago
South African Rapper, Cassper Nyovest Lauds Wizkid’s ‘Made In Lagos’ Album
- Entertainment6 hours ago
Wizkid Calls Out British Rapper, Tinie Tempah And His Manager Over Unpaid Debts
- Entertainment10 hours ago
Singer Jennifer Lopez Goes Nude On New Cover Art
- Politics23 hours ago
Injustice Made Me To Dump PDP For APC – Senator Abbo
- National News23 hours ago
Buhari Will Set Nigeria On Fire If He Doesn’t Implement People’s Demands —Wike
- Entertainment10 hours ago
Davido’s ‘The Best’ Featuring Mayorkun Hits 10M Streams In Its First Week
- National News23 hours ago
Fake News Triggered #EndSARS Carnage – IGP
- News Feed21 hours ago
Nigerian man charges N38,000 per day to single ladies who need a fake boyfriend to flaunt during holidays (Photos)