Connect with us

National News

Nigeria is still in Recession – Governor Ayodele Fayose

Published

on

The Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose has told Nigerians that the announcement made by the Federal government that Nigeria was out of economic recession was inaccurate.

This was made known in a press statement released by his spokesperson, Lere Olayinka, on behalf  of  Mr. Fayose said the statistics upon which the claim was based is meaningless to Nigerians.

“The reality is that Nigerians are suffering and dying, with foods and drugs out of their reach and no amount of economic statistics will make meaning to people who cannot afford to eat once daily.”

He likened the claim to the earlier one last year by the Nigerian government that the Boko Haram insurgency had been defeated.

“Claiming that Nigeria is out of economic recession without any corresponding effect on the living condition of the people is just like they said Boko Haram had been defeated and over 400 people were killed by the insurgents in the last five months.”

The governor also described the reason given for the cancellation of the Federal Executive Council meeting on Wednesday as funny.

“Is it not funny that the same federal government that declared public holiday forgot that there would be a Tuesday after the public holiday and FEC meeting will be held on Wednesday?

“Methinks they should look for another lie next week because the reality is that President Muhammadu Buhari does not have the required mental capacity and strength to rule Nigeria and I maintain that he should consider his health as well as the overall interests of Nigeria and resign.”

On the news of Nigeria exiting recession being promoted by the federal government, Mr. Fayose asked; “If Nigeria is indeed out of economic recession, has price of foodstuffs like rice reduced to N7,000 per bag that it was when Buhari took over power?

“Is dollar now N197 to $1? Is petrol now back to N87 per litre that Buhari met it in May 2015? Are Nigerians now feeding comfortably, even if it is once in a day?

“Most importantly, are states now getting enough allocation from the federation account to be able to meet their obligations, especially payment of salary?”

He said the claim was nothing but another attempt by the President Buhari-led APC to deceive Nigerians ahead of the 2019 elections.

“It must be stated that Nigeria’s foreign reserves, which stood at $28.6 billion by May 2015 that President Buhari took over power declined steadily to $23.89 billion by the last quarter of 2016. It was in 2016 that Nigeria slipped into recession, owing to the bad economic policies and repressive actions of President Buhari

“It is sad that the APC government has remained on the path of lies and propaganda and I wonder why the government can’t be truthful for once.

“However, if this latest lie is about 2019 general elections, they have missed it because Nigerians can no longer be received by the APC lying government.

“Nigerians should therefore disregard their lies and keep praying for God intervention in the affairs of the country,” the governor said.

Source: ( Premium Times )

National News

Buhari To Make National Broadcast At 7pm

Published

on

Buhari To Make National Broadcast At 7pm
Buhari To Make National Broadcast At 7pm

Buhari

Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari will make a national broadcast Thursday evening, following the escalation of violence in different parts of the country.

“Following detailed briefing by security chiefs on the current situation in the country, Buhari will make a national broadcast Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 7pm,” President Buhari’s media adviser Femi Adesina said.

“Television, radio and other electronic media outlets are enjoined to hook up to the network services of the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) and Radio Nigeria respectively for the broadcast,” says Femi Adesina who is Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity.

Lagos and most of Nigeria has been overrun by arsonists and hoodlums since soldiers opened live rounds on peaceful protesters on October 20, 2020.

Continue Reading

National News

End SARS: Gen. John Enenche Reacts To Lekki Toll Gate Shootings

Published

on

End SARS: Gen. John Enenche Reacts To Lekki Toll Gate Shootings
John Eneche

John Eneche

Major General John Eneche, the Nigerian defence director of information, has said that the reports about soldiers shooting #EndSARS protesters at Lekki Tollgate on Tuesday are mere ‘allegations.’

Eneche said this during a media briefing in Abuja, where he also mentioned that the analysis of the shooting and video evidence available suggest that they may have been photoshopped.

In his words;

“I even got analysts. People that have analysed the various videos that were cropped and photoshopped put together. If not that I’m not permitted, I could have forwarded it to your Instagram”, he said.

Eneche added that he is not permitted to speak further on the incident so as not to compromise the outcome of the findings by the Commission of Enquiry already constituted by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

In his words;

“We are dealing with major operations, anything outside this is what is called Operation MENSA, I may not want to go too much into Operation MENSA because it is not a major operation. We have nine Operations and other subsidiary Operations which I have been directed to focus.

“Operation MENSA is strictly under the policy directive of the various states we have them all over the country and it is the oldest of all Operations. For this Operation you have the Military, Navy Air Force, Civil Defence and the Police put together. So these Operations are still standing and running and I am aware that the state governments are using them in all these capacities, that is internal security, the level we are now is internal security and that is why the Police proactively came out and then deployed all their Force package that are necessary to handle that so that is where we are. So if there was anything and if it is true, why am I saying if it is true because up to this morning, I even called analysts who have analyzed videos that were photoshopped and put together, if not that I am not permitted, I would have forwarded it to you.

“The issue is not an operation that I can respond to. But I can tell you that it is an allegation for now, so let us not set the cart before the horse. If the matter was still open-ended I would have had I response for you but it is no longer open-ended, because immediately, not even up to five hours, before midnight the Governor of Lagos set up an Inquiry, so whatever we say now will not be fair to the Commission.”

Read Also: Sanwo-Olu Confirms Lekki Toll Gate CCTV Still Intact

Watch the video clip below:

 

 

Continue Reading

National News

Ekiti Extends Curfew Indefinitely

Published

on

Ekiti Extends Curfew Indefinitely
Ekiti Extends Curfew Indefinitely

Governor Fayemi

Amidst the continued violence across the country, Governor of Ekiti State, Kayode Fayemi has approved the extension of the 24-hour curfew in Ekiti State indefinitely.

The curfew was declared on Tuesday evening following reported cases of violence in Ado Ekiti as hoodlums allegedly the peaceful protest by EndSARS protesters.

The initial curfew lapsed on Wednesday night by 10 pm.

Also Read: “I don’t care about #EndSARS”- Edo state deputy governor’s son slams protesters

However, on Thursday morning, the Commissioner for Information, Mr. Akin Omole, announced that the curfew still continues in every part of the state until further notice.

It reads: “The general public is hereby alerted that the 24-hour curfew announced by the State Government is still in place in all parts of the state until further notice.

“Government appreciates the cooperation of all citizens of the state in obeying the curfew and ensuring that peace returns to the state.”

Continue Reading

Trending