Connect with us

National News

Zimbabwe Ruling Party set to hold Solidarity rally for Grace Mugabe

Published

on

The First Lady of Zimbabwe will get full support from the ruling party, Zanu-PF party of Zimbabwe the party is set to organise  a solidarity rally to show the country’s support for her.

According to the Commissar for Harare Province, Shadreck Mashayamombe, he said that the rally would take place but denied that the solidarity had nothing to do with what transpired in South Africa.

“We don’t have anything to do with what happened in South Africa.

“We are just holding the rally to show our support to her as our leader,” Mashayamombe, also one of the organizers of the solidarity rally, said.

Mugabe, two weeks ago had to invoke diplomatic immunity cover to evade a court appearance after she allegedly assaulted a South African model in Johannesburg.

With the South African police wanting to interview her and human rights group AfriForum pushing for her prosecution.

The South African government said it recognized her diplomatic immunity status and allowed her to leave with President Robert Mugabe, who had been attending a SADC summit there.

However, Abicia Ushewokunze, Provincial Secretary for Information and Publicity, posted on social media, that the day should be remembered as the one on which they “defied sinister driven forces bent on undermining our integrity’’.

Others are self-dignity, self-rule and the use of modern day warfare against the party and Zimbabweans.

“The spirit of togetherness shall bind us in both the mental and physical; we will stand and fight as one people for the good and betterment of our mother Dr. Grace Mugabe,” the statement said.

The First Lady has been under the spotlight after she allegedly assaulted, Gabriella Engels, in a hotel room when she found her in the company of her two sons — Robert Junior and Chatunga.

AfriForum and South African opposition party Democratic Alliance have since launched court appeals to have her diplomatic immunity status revoked so that she faces trial in South Africa.

Source: ( PM News )

National News

Wike Signs Executive Order Proscribing IPOB, Lifts Curfew

Published

on

Wike Signs Executive Order Proscribing IPOB, Lifts Curfew
Wike Signs Executive Order Proscribing IPOB, Lifts Curfew

Nyesom wike

Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, has signed an executive order to reinforce the ban on Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) and its activities in the State.

Governor Wike disclosed he has signed an executive order proscribing IPOB in Rivers during a state broadcast on Wednesday night, a day IPOB worldwide leader, Nnamdi Kanu, referred to him as a “little Hitler.”

Governor Wike stressed during the broadcast that while Rivers remains the home to all tribes and ethnic nationalities, the state government is opposed to the presence and activities of the legally proscribed and anarchic IPOB and whatever it stands for in the south-south state.

Also Read: FG building new airports in Benue, Ebonyi, Ekiti, Lafia, Damaturu, Anambra: Minister

The Rivers State governor said while his administration acknowledges and appreciate the enormous contributions from non-indigenes to the political, social, and economic development of the State, it will neither accept nor allow any individual or group from within and outside to violate the peace, endanger lives and property under any guise in the State.

Recall that the Governor had earlier lifted a ban on movement which had been imposed in some parts of the state.

Some of the areas include Mile 1, Mile 2, Ilabuchi, Ikokwu areas among others.

Wike however said the curfew in Oyigbo Local Government Area stile remains while the Ikokwu market remains shut.

Continue Reading

National News

Ogun Governor Orders Full Reopening Of Businesses, Others

Published

on

#EndSARS: Abiodun Orders Release Of Ogun Protesters Charged To Court
Ogun Governor Orders Full Reopening Of Businesses, Others

Governor Dapo Abiodun

Governor Dapo Abiodun of Ogun State has ordered the full reopening of hotels, viewing centres, marquees, event centres, suites, guest houses, and motels.

Others in that category are restaurants, eateries, lounges, bars, and cinemas.

Recall that in the wake of the deadly Coronavirus, Dapo Abiodun ordered the closure of those establishments to avoid the spread of disease.

Also Read: Lekki tollgate should be dismantled permanently: Bode George

This was contained in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Kunle Somorin, on Wednesday.

The Ogun governor said those in the industry should open for business fully.

Somorin also revealed that schools, markets, churches, and mosques in Ogun have been asked to revert to their regular programme of activities as obtained before COVID-19.

However, Somorin urged the hospitality establishments to strictly adhere to a set of guidelines in order to keep up with the protocols aimed at further flattening the curve of COVID-19.

Continue Reading

National News

Lekki Shootings: Why Families Of Victims Are Afraid To Speak Out —Falana

Published

on

Soldiers were ordered to shoot protesters – Femi Falana (Video)
Lekki Shootings: Why Families Of Victims Are Afraid To Speak Out —Falana

Femi Falana

Popular human rights lawyer, Femi Falana (SAN) has said family members of those affected by the Lekki toll gate shooting have refused to speak about the incident.

The senior lawyer claimed that the families refused to speak “because of the environment under which we operate.”

He stated this while speaking at a virtual #EndSARS meeting organised by Omoyele Sowore, publisher of Sahara Reporters, on Wednesday.

Falana who stated that the military is “known for lies and deception,” recalled how the Nigerian Army allegedly covered up the reported killing of 347 Shi’ites in Zaria, Kaduna state, in 2015.

Falana said, “Nobody should believe the military because it has a history of lies, fraud, and deception.

Also Read: Lekki tollgate should be dismantled permanently: Bode George

“Just in December 2015, the same Chief of Army Staff, General (Tukur) Buratai claimed that there was a traffic jam in Zaria and the big man wanted to move and because of that traffic, he got soldiers from the first division in Kaduna to mow down Shiites.

“And what was the explanation? That the Shiites wanted to assassinate the Chief of Army Staff…and about six or seven persons died.

“But in the Commission of Inquiry set up by the Kaduna State Government, we were told that indeed 347 Nigerians were killed by the military. No autopsy, no postmortem, nothing was done. Their bodies were taken away in the dead of the night and given a mass burial.

Continue Reading

Trending