Connect with us

National News

Anambra Killings: Osinbajo promise to take down perpetrators

Published

on

The Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, on Monday assured Nigerians the perpetrators behind the Sunday attack would be brought to book.

Osinbajo made the promise in a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mr. Laolu Akande.

The statement explained that since the incident occurred, the Acting President had been receiving regular updates on the status of investigation into the case from the state governor and security agencies.

The statement read in part, “Acting President Yemi Osinbajo condemns the despicable act of violence, and commiserates with families, relatives, friends of the victims, the entire people and the government of Anambra State.”

Source: ( Punch Newspaper )

National News

Tinubu Hails Protesters, Carpets Hoodlums, Pleads For Cessation

Published

on

Bola Tinubu
Tinubu Hails Protesters, Carpets Hoodlums, Pleads For Cessation

Bola Tinubu

Former Governor of Lagos State, Bola Ahmed Tinubu has hailed young Nigerians for leading the #EndSARS protests across the nation against police brutality.

The APC National leader also commended Nigerian youths for the level of organisation that went into the protests, saying it showed a new level of consciousness that could strengthen Nigeria’s democracy.

He, however, warned the protesters against creating a platform that would lead to the destruction of Nigeria’s democratic process.

Tinubu pointed out that protesters must not abuse their right of demonstration by impeding the country’s democratic rights.

Also Read: ‘#EndSARS One Of The Most Successful Protest In Nigeria’: Lai Mohammed

He, however, stated that the protesters must admit that President Muhammadu Buhari had “acted with commendable dispatch by not only scrapping SARS but also accepting the five-point demand that triggered the protests.”

He said it would only be fair for the youths to call off the protests and give the regime a chance to implement the reforms they had demanded.

Tinubu urged the youths to be careful not to fritter away the considerable gains they had made within a very short period with “lack of moderation and strategic thinking.”

He also condemned hoodlums who had begun to take advantage of the protests to perpetrate violence and disrupt civil life.

Continue Reading

National News

#EndSARS: Hoodlums Have Hijacked Edo Protest – Deputy Governor

Published

on

#EndSARS: Hoodlums Have Hijacked The Protest In Benin – Edo Deputy Governor
#EndSARS: Hoodlums Have Hijacked The Protest In Benin – Edo Deputy Governor

Philip Shaibu

Deputy Governor of Edo State, Philip Shaibu has stated that hoodlums have hijacked the #EndSARS protest in Benin.

“Hoodlums actually have taken over the exercise,” Mr. Shaibu said.

The deputy governor’s statement comes following the jail break by hoodlums in Benin City, the state capital.

Also Read: #EndSARS Protest: Edo Govt Sets-Up Judicial Panel

Mr. Shaibu made this known while speaking on Channels Television’s Politics Today.

He revealed that many persons injured in the attack, he, however, could not confirm how many persons were killed.

He also stated that many inmates escaped from the prison, however, was not specific on how many.

He pleaded with the protesters to give the government a chance to implement the demands already made.

Continue Reading

National News

‘#EndSARS One Of The Most Successful Protest In Nigeria’: Lai Mohammed

Published

on

Lai Mohammed
'#EndSARS One Of The Most Successful Protest In Nigeria': Lai Mohammed

Lai Mohammed

The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, has described the ongoing #EndSARS protests against police brutality as one of the most successful movements in Nigeria.

He noted that after the #EndSARS protest Nigerians will experience a better country where fundamental human rights will be respected.

Mohammed stated this while speaking at a Special NAN Forum on Monday in Abuja.

Also Read: Nigerian Youth Have Right To Protest, Says President Buhari

He pointed out that the Federal Government would be able to act if the protesters end the protest and allow the Government to attend to their demands

The Minister expressed that the protest has been hijacked by hoodlums and people with a selfish motive to destabilise the country.

He said the government had started the process of unprecedented reform of the police and the entire internal security structure following the #EndSARS protest.

 

Continue Reading

Trending