Connect with us

National News

LASG bans the sale of Ram on highways during Salah celebration

Published

on

The Lagos State Government has urged residents of Lagos to be mindful of the Environment as they celebrate the Ed-il-Kabir festival this weekend,a ban has also been placed on highways and roads in the state.

Commissioner for the Environment, Dr. Babatunde Adejare said on Tuesday in Lagos that it was necessary to enlighten Lagosians that they should show utmost love to their environment even as they celebrate.

Adejare, who wished all Muslim adherents a happy celebration, urged Lagosians to respect the environment, bear in mind that a lot of waste would be generated during the Sallah and dispose of animal waste properly as well as bag their refuse and put at designated points.

He assured Lagosians that the Sanitation Intervention Programme with the combined efforts of the Ministry of Environment and Lagos State Waste Management Authority (LAWMA) was still on course to rid Lagos of refuse heaps.

He said that the administration of Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode had been in the fore front of the campaign for healthy people and cleaner environment, thus encouraging Lagosians to desist from acts that could have negative impacts on the environment.

His words: “to guide against the outbreak of epidemics, residents of this State must always ensure that they handle waste in the most appropriate way”

Meanwhile, Adejare reminded Lagosians that the law against street trading was still in force, stressing that the Government would not tolerate any form of street trading which includes display of rams on major highways, road medians, lay-byes, gardens and parks across the State.

He said that while it was not unusual for traders to take advantage of the season to market and sell rams, this must be done without defacing the state or compromising the wellness and wellbeing of Lagosians.

Adejare urged Lagosians to take advantage of the various parks and gardens across the state during the celebration for leisure, funfair and relaxation as these parks were made for their use.

Source: ( PM News )

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

National News

How Jailbreaks In Edo, Ondo Happened

Published

on

How Jailbreaks In Edo, Ondo Happened

Jailbreaks and vandalization of properties were during the week reported in some parts of the country due to the civil unrest that has enveloped the entire country.

The first prison break recorded during the week was in Edo State.

Video footages showed the disturbing moment some inmates escaped from Oko Correctional facility in Benin City, Edo State on Monday, October 19, 2020. The inmates had successfully scaled the prison wall.

Information Nigeria understands that some hoodlums broke into Benin prison, popularly called the White House during the #EndSARS protest in the state.

The federal government said that a total of 1,993 inmates in legal custody were freed as a result of the jailbreak in Benin city and Oko.

This was disclosed in a statement issued by the ministry’s director, press and public relations, Mohammed Manga on Tuesday.

Nigerians, however, have taken to Twitter and other social media platforms, to express shock at the jail break in Edo. Reports making the rounds suggest that hoodlums or #ENDSARS protesters were responsible for their release.

Nigerians think this is an inside connivance on the part of prison officials, as an effort for the government to release military men to restore order in the country and stop the protest forcefully.

This Edo state prison break is fishy" Betty Irabor, Lauren Idahosa, Davido,  and other Nigerians react to the jail break in Edo State

It is against this background that the state governor, Godwin Obaseki, swiftly imposed a 24-hour curfew on the state.

In a similar event that played out, jailbreak occurred in Ondo state on Thursday, October 22.

Not less than 58 inmates at the National Correctional Service Centre in Okitipupa, Ondo State escaped during the prison break.

This came after a 24-hour curfew was put in place by Ondo State Governor Rotimi Akeredolu.

Information Nigeria gathered that scores of hoodlums defied the 24-hour curfew on Thursday to break into the centre and set the inmates free.

In another related incident, angry youths attacked the Ikoyi Correctional Centre on Thursday and set the place on fire during an attempted jailbreak.

A video circulating online showed smoke coming from parts of the facility.

It was, however, learnt that security operatives arrived at the correctional facility and they foiled the attempted jailbreak.

This is a season of prison break in Nigeria. Do you think the nationwide endSARS protest has anything to do with these incidents?

Share your thoughts with us and follow us on all our social media handles.

Continue Reading

National News

#EndSARS: Reno Omokri Slams Buhari Over National Broadcast

Published

on

#UnfollowBuhari if you support #EndSARS – Reno Omokri
#EndSARS: Reno Omokri Slams Buhari Over National Broadcast

Reno Omokri, Muhammadu Buhari

Popular public affairs analyst, Reno Omokri has criticised President Muhammadu Buhari’s nationwide address to Nigerians on the #EndSARS protest in the country.

The former aide to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan lambasted the President on Thursday in a series of tweets.

Also Read: Tell Nigerians Who Ordered Lekki shootings, Osundare Urges Buhari

Buhari who addressed the nation more than two weeks after the protest began failed to impress many Nigerians with his address.

Reacting to the speech, Reno, who is a staunch critic of the APC-led government, expressed that the president slapped Nigerians in the face and added salt to injury.

See his tweets below:

Continue Reading

National News

‘You Are A Dictator, Sociopathic Disgrace’ – Fani-Kayode Attacks Buhari

Published

on

‘You Are A Dictator, Sociopathic Disgrace’ – Fani-Kayode Attacks Buhari
‘You Are A Dictator, Sociopathic Disgrace’ – Fani-Kayode Attacks Buhari

Femi Fani-Kayode

Former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode has condemned President Muhammadu Buhari’s nationwide address to #EndSARS protesters and Nigerians.

Recall that on Thursday night, President Buhari after several persuasions addressed the nation over the nationwide protests.

Also Read: Tell Nigerians Who Ordered Lekki shootings, Osundare Urges Buhari

The speech has led to a serious backlash for the President, who failed to mention the shooting of peaceful protesters by armed security officers.

Reacting to the speech, the former Minister described “Buhari’s speech was an insult to our people, a disgrace to humanity and a stench in the nostrils of God.

See his tweet below:

Continue Reading

Trending