Connect with us

National News

Police arrests notorious Osogbo Kidnappers

Published

on

The police Intelligence Response Team says it has arrested four suspected kidnappers in Osun and Ondo State. Abba Kyari, Assistant Commissioner of Police and the Commander of the team, confirmed the arrest.

According to him, the suspects are Teslim Ibitoye, 38, Sunday David, 35, Akin Nureni, 40, and Akeem Ibitoye. Kyari said on April 25, police officers traced one of the kidnappers, Akin Nureni.

He said: “The suspects confessed to several kidnappings in Osun and Ondo State, including the recent blocking of one Mrs Basirat Ahmed while driving on a road at Dada Estate, Osogbo on April 11 and kidnapping her 8yr old daughter, Taiwo Ahmed.

They took the little girl to their hideout and demanded for N10m ransom from the parents, who eventually paid to get their daughter back.

A pistol with seven live and four expended ammunition, two single barrel short guns with 16 live and nine expended cartridges, facial mask, victims jewelry and charms were recovered in the suspects hideout.”

Two of the suspects, Teslim Ibitoye and Sunday David, are receiving treatment at a hospital following bullets wounds they got during gun battle with the police. He said the police had been making serious efforts to arrest the remaining kidnappers.

Continue Reading
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Teslim.

    July 17, 2019 at 5:31 am

    May Allah forgive u for this wrong information u people are feeding the nation with.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

National News

BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu Approves Full Reopening Of Lagos Markets

Published

on

Sanwo-Olu Extends Lagos Curfew By 72 hours
BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu Approves Full Reopening Of Lagos Markets

Babajide Sanwo-Olu

The Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu has announced the full reopening of all markets across the state to enhance trade and commerce and mitigate the hardship of recent times.

The statement was made available by the governor’s Senior Special Assistant on New Media, Gawat Jubril on Tuesday.

Also Read: Lekki Shooting: Anyone Found Culpable Would Be Held Accountable – Sanwo-Olu

The Governor in the statement noted that both food markets and non-food markets can reopen every day of the week.

Recall that the state government had regulated the opening of the markets to curb the spread of COVID-19 in the state.

In the statement on Tuesday, the Governor urged traders and their customers to strictly adhere to the COVID-19 protocols for their safety.

Continue Reading

National News

#EndSARS Protests Politically Motivated – Kogi Governor

Published

on

#EndSARS Protests Politically Motivated – Kogi Governor

Yahaya Bello

Governor of Kogi State, Yahaya Bello has expressed that the nationwide #EndSARS protests across the country were politically motivated.

Bello made the statement when he featured on Sunrise Daily, a Channels Television programme, on Tuesday.

Bello said the protest was sponsored by politicians who are benefitting from the disruptions caused by the demonstrations across the country.

The governor said Nigerians do not need a soothsayer to tell them that the protests had a political undertone even after the government agreed to the demands of the agitators.

Also Read: Criminal minds threatening Army with travel ban: Buratai

“Dear Nigerians, let me tell you, what is happening today, this so-called #EndSARS is politically motivated,” he said.

“Whether anybody says it or not, I am saying it once again and you can quote me anywhere, anyday and I will prove it to you.

“Why will you demand five items and you and granted and you refuse to take it.. which struggle, agitation or uprising across the world has ever succeeded without leadership?.

“100 per cent, I agree (with the agitations of the protesters) but if you look at what is happening today, you will have no option than to classify it as politically motivated”.

According to him, it is a “ploy to set we the youths of this country against one another.”

Continue Reading

National News

Hoodlums Loot Abuja NYSC Office

Published

on

Hoodlums Loot Abuja NYSC Office
Hoodlums Loot Abuja NYSC Office

NYSC

The National Youth Service Corps, (NYSC) orientation camp in Kubwa, Abuja has been reportedly attacked by some hoodlums.

According to reports, the orientation camp was invaded in the early hour of Tuesday, October 27.

It was reported that the hoodlums upon arriving at the NYSC camp at about 9 am today, blocked the major roads, and ordered motorists to follow another route.

Also Read: Criminal minds threatening Army with travel ban: Buratai

According to reports, the hoodlums were seen with mattresses, plastic chairs, rice, groundnut oil, and other items walking around the camp.

Military and police officers have cordoned off the area and there have been shooting there. A military helicopter is reportedly hovering around the area.

Continue Reading

Trending