Connect with us

National News

Woman gives birth to weird set of twins; a baby girl and a python

Published

on

A woman identified as Nalongo in Uganda reportedly gave birth to a weird set of twins; a girl and a python. The woman was excited like most women when she got to know she was pregnant and would soon be a mother. However, her joy was short lived when she gave birth to the unusual set of twins.
Nalongo welcomed her ‘babies’ in December 2007 and has been taking care of them since then.
She lost her husband a few months to the time she gave birth and had been saddled with the responsibility of looking after them.
As at the time she put to bed, she delivered a baby girl and a tiny python. Nalongo claims the snake is her son who lives in the body of the reptile, she decided to keep the python and look after it since then. Since her child turned out weird, she could not register the unusual baby to school and decided to look after it. Nalongo’s neighbors have proved to be understanding meanwhile her family members left her in the cold.
The wildlife department got to know about her situation and tried taking the snake away from her. She pleaded with them telling them no one would be able to understand the python as she has come grown used to being around it. Her decision has cost her a lot as no man wants to be with her.
Nalongo has sought for help as she can no longer feed the python which consumes about 40 chicken eggs in a day.
Source: ( Gossip.naij.com)

National News

CCB Invitation: Magu Can’t Access Assets’ Documents, Says Lawyer

Published

on

CCB Invitation: Magu Can’t Access Assets’ Documents, Says Lawyer

Ibrahim Magu

The suspended acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu has explained why he failed to honour the invitation of the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB).

Recall that it was reported that CCB is planning to charge Magu for failing to declare his assets after failing to honour the invitation of the bureau.

Quoting portions of Magu’s letter in a statement on Sunday titled, ‘CCB invitation: Magu lacks access to relevant documents – Lawyer’ the embattled former EFCC boss lawyer Wahab Shittu said some of the documents requested by the CBB have been seized by the DSS and the retired Justice Ayo Salami-led panel.

Also Read: Corruption Allegation: Salami Panel Submits Investigative Report On Magu

He stated that Magu told the CCB that DSS removed the documents from his office while he was in detention following his suspension from office to pave the way for his probe by the panel.

Mr. Wahab Shittu also asked the CCB to reschedule the invitation till when Magu would have access to his office and the relevant documents.

He said, “We wish to state that our client did not shun the CCB invitation as the media reportage did not reflect the true position of the narrative.

“We wish to state with high sense of responsibility that we have written two letters to the Chairman of the CBB, intimating him about the inability of our client to have access to the relevant documents as required by the CCB.”

Continue Reading

National News

Saraki Reacts To Kidnap, Killing Of Worshippers In Zamfara Mosque

Published

on

Saraki Reacts To Kidnap, Killing Of Worshippers In Zamfara Mosque

Bukola Saraki

Former Senate President, Senator Bukola Saraki has condemned the recent attack by gunmen on a mosque in Zamfara state which led to the killing of some worshippers.

Saraki in his reaction on Monday, condemned the activities of the criminals in its totality, calling on the government and security agents to step up their game in securing the lives of the citizens.

He added that the frequent cases and reports of insecurity in the country should be a source of concern for all Nigerians.

Recall that gunmen on Friday stormed a Friday mosque in the village of Dutsin Gari in Kanoma, Zamfara State, and abducted about 40 worshipers and an Imam.

Five worshippers were killed while several others were also injured.

Reacting to this development, Saraki wrote on his Twitter page:

 

Continue Reading

National News

Recession: Nigeria’s Economy On Way To Recovery, Says Osinbajo’s Aide

Published

on

Recession: Nigeria’s Economy On Way To Recovery, Says Osinbajo’s Aide

Yemi Osinbajo

Laolu Akande, Senior Special Assistant to Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo has stated that the Nigerian economy was already on its way to recovery from its second recession in five years.

Recall that Nigeria on Saturday, November 21, officially went into recession for the second time under President Muhammadu Buhari‘s administration.

But speaking on Sunday on a television programme, Laolu Akande, Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to Osinbajo, said the economy is already on its path to recovery despite predictions by critics.

Akande said, “Let me say very clearly that if you look at the GDP (Gross Domestic Product) figures themselves, there is a clear indication of restoration. For instance, in Q2, the contraction was -6.1 but in Q3 which figures were just released, the contraction is -3. So, clearly, the Nigerian economy is on a rebound.

Also Read: Recession: Nigeria Is Broke, Can’t Afford 2021 Budget – Atiku

“To the question of when we will get out of this situation, the figures bear the truth that the Nigerian economy is on its way to recovery. This is going to be mainly because of the Economic Sustainability Plan that the President had put in place and asked the Vice-President to share its development and implementation.

“The economy is rebounding and this is mainly because of the preemptive action that the Buhari administration had taken even before now to ensure that the situation doesn’t get worse. We have the confidence that the Nigerian economy will bounce back very promptly.”

Continue Reading

Trending