Following the alleged lovers spat that has continued to make news of late between Olakunle Churchill and Tonto Dikeh, it seems she and her once loving Mr X has proven critics right that their marriage will not last. ANTHONY ADA ABRAHAM captures the sweet but now sour moments of their
In the beginning, the social media especially the instagram was agog with the news of Mr X whom Tonto Dikeh held so dearly and was a hard nut to divulge. Today the same Mr X has become a subject of petty discuss in the social media where people from all walks of life have a say on how relationships should go.
Before their marriage, critics have predicted that Tonto and Churchill’s marriage won’t last. This prediction was predicated on the fact that celebrity marriages, not just in Nigeria alone but world over especially Europe and America, have continued to hit the rocks due to one reason or the other.
Though, following showers of love on her by her man, it was concluded that things might not be the way fans and critics had predicted. The couple was seen together last in public in Abuja when they marked World Disability Day, ever since then, it has been one story or another.
The marriage-crash scandal started with the actress deleted her husband’s name on her instagram page. The story then was that her husband and her PA were involved in a romantic affair which of course attracted public sympathy to the fair-skinned actress.
This one story has continued to be an issue of discuss in the media, blogs, clubs, pubs and other social gatherings where many believe the marriage-crash was meant to happen as Tonto did not marry Churchill out of love but for money.
One of her numerous tweets which stated how people do not know how many STDS she had treated made it look more like she is bent on denting her one-time hubby’s image.
According to a family source who claimed the actress is bent on tarnishing Churchill’s image by going to the press with a number of stories, with the latest being that her ex-husband infected her with sexually transmitted diseases and, that all the cars that were bought in the course of their wedding were bought by her, “how would Tonto say she bought him all the vehicles they were driving? That is not possible. In fact, I was with Churchill this morning and he showed me all keys and the receipts of the cars. If she really did buy them she should have taken the keys and receipts when she was leaving”
“You see, everything began when she had a disagreement with his mother. These things did not happen in one day,” repeated the source.
The source insisted that claims by the actress that her ex-husband is gay do not hold water, either.
“As for that claim, she got one of her fruit cakes, one Uche Maduagwu, to make that video on Youtube, in which he alleged that Churchill had something to do with Bobrisky and SwankyJerry, but the post was hurriedly removed, with Maduagwu claiming that his account was hacked.
“The blogs and websites that took on the news hurriedly brought it down; because they were scared of being sued.
“No one knows why she is doing what she is doing. Maybe, she is using their son as bait and as a means to get sympathy from the people on social media.
“As for the foundation, she wanted both foundations to be merged, but bearing the name of her foundation. That was why, last year, after the Big Church Foundation had organized its work, the Tonto Dikeh Foundation organized its own.
“She did that, because she wanted the NGOs to be joined together and handed over to her, so that she can use her celebrity status to run the whole show. Churchill, on the other hand, was passionate about the whole thing, as a way to help the masses and did not want it to be hijacked by someone who just wanted it for show.
“It is a known fact that she latched onto her hubby’s connections to float and finance the Tonto Dikeh Foundation, even though she claims it is the other way round [which is a lie, by the way],” said the source to LEADERSHIP Weekend.
In a related development, during an interview with Churchill, when asked about the recent happenings in his family, he said “every family has its ups and downs.’ Asked of his alleged affair with his female PA he revealed that “it’s funny to me, because I don’t have female personal assistant. My PA is Mr Paul, who has been working with me over the years. Besides, it was a sponsored blackmail.”
“When things came to a point that I could not condone, she boasted that she would use her overwhelming influence on social media to drag my name in the mud and rubbish my foundation. That is what she is all about right now.
“And, as for her claims that I beat her, I never laid a damn finger on her; not one day, even for a second,” said Churchill.
A source, close to the family squealed to LEADERSHIP Weekend that: “Many times she would smoke her weed and begin to mis-behave, breaking things in the house for as much as two hours,” said the source, who explained that a blogger and one of the actress’ friends, Adeola Olonilua, was recently arrested by Churchill for abusing him and publishing false information about him on her blog.
Also popular comedian Gandoki who wasb recently honoured by the Guinness Book of Records for Stand-up comedy, called out Tonto Dikeh for dashing the expectations of many young ladies who looked up to her as role models.
According to him Tonto my sister, you no sabi say wen you marry, many girls wey think say them no get hope to settle down, all find husband eventually. You truly motivated a lot of them, but your untimely breakup will give those ladies a sour taste in their mouth and family, Abi you want us to get more single mothers or baby mamas? Tonto Dikeh, the Poko mama, Abeg, Abeg, na Abeg I take God beg you, make your home work, extending your movie roles to marriage dramas, breaks the heart of thousands of your teeming fans…Instagram stunt of your personal affairs is expected to attract diverse interferences and attacks of different degrees.”Let’s keep fantasying that all is well, we never believed that your Mr X whom you held so dearly and, that was a hard nut to unveil, is today your fellow actor in “Tonto Dikeh Instagram Marriage Part 1 and Tonto Dikeh & Son Go Missing Part 2.” he said.
The question now is who is sponsoring the media war and propaganda of the once beautiful couple? Who doesn’t want to see them together? Who is benefitting from all the hullabaloos?
Many people believe that maybe she is no longer getting the needed attention from him that was why she decided to start off the controversies, but how does Churchill perceive all these happening in his family?
“I see nothing in it; it’s a phase of life, it doesn’t affect my cheque and savings. But I truly want to call on bloggers and social media addicts to verify facts before assuming. Every marriage has good and bad moments; it’s just unfortunate that I recently discovered that the alleged marriage instability is making headlines on some media platforms. Please Tonto Dikeh fans and well-wishers take it easy on her, guess she is still adjusting to motherhood,” he concluded.
#EndSARS: Ekiti state government declares 24-hour curfew
Following the various attacks on #EndSARS protesters in the state, Governor Kayode Fayemi has imposed a 24-hour curfew on the state effective from 10pm on today, Tuesday, October 20.
In a statement released by the Secretary to the State Government, Biodun Oyebanji, the state government said the curfew became necessary following the state government’s observation of how the end SARS protest, which started as a peaceful protest against police brutality by youths in Ekiti State, has been hijacked by some hoodlums.
Read the statement below
1. The Government of Ekiti State has observed with growing concern how the ENDSARS protest, which started as a peaceful protest against police brutality by youths in Ekiti State, has been hijacked by some hoodlums.
2. The hoodlums have capitalised on the ENDSARS protest to rape, assault, rob and extort innocent citizens across the State. These are in addition to the wanton destruction of properties, particularly private properties.
3. Government is concerned that if this state of affairs is allowed to continue unabated, it will lead to a breakdown of law and order thereby threatening the wellbeing of the people of Ekiti State.
4. For the purpose of clarity Government continues to show understanding and responsiveness to the demands of the legitimate protesters.
5. On 16th October 2020, Dr. John Kayode Fayemi, Governor, Ekiti State met with the protesters in person. While identifying with the legitimacy of their protests, he assured them that the State Government will immediately put measures in place to respond to all their demands.
6. Government has since then constituted a Human Rights Investigation Panel to review all cases of abuse by Officers of the disbanded SARS. In addition, Government has enabled a Victims Compensation Fund to facilitate speedy remedial measures for victims of such abuse.
7. Furthermore, several officials of Government have engaged the protesters at multiple fora and platforms including the social media in order to ensure that concerns of protesters are properly identified and responded to in a prompt and efficient manner with necessary feedback.
8. Government had also at various times drawn the attention of the protesters to the troubling hijack of the protests by individuals whose only interest is to inflict violence on the people of the state.
9. In the past 48 hours there have been incidents of gang-rape, robberies, physical assaults on innocent people, looting and burning of a police station. These acts of brigandage are not in consonance with the legitimate aspirations of the protesters. It cannot be logical to seek to remedy impunity with impunity.
10. Government therefore cannot afford to watch a deliberate enthronement of anarchy by some bad elements who have hijacked the protest for some clandestine reasons.
11. Consequently, the Governor of Ekiti State, Dr Kayode Fayemi, hereby imposes a 24-hour curfew on all parts of the State starting from 10.00 pm tonight, Tuesday, October, 20, 2020.
12. Only essential workers and service providers with valid means of identifications are allowed to move around during the period of the curfew.
13. Any person found on the street that does not belong to this category, would be promptly arrested and prosecuted according to the laws of Ekiti State.
14. We seek the understanding of the good people of Ekiti State as we continue to take deliberate steps towards ensuring that peace and normalcy return to our state.”
Davido speaks on the events of the past 48 hours
Nigerian superstar, Davido has said criminals are responsible for the attack on two Correctional Centres in Benin City, Edo State.
Davido made the claim while absolving End SARS protesters of involvement in the attacks.
The singer pointed out that no amount of mischief would stop the protest against police brutality and bad governance.
Davido made the remark while condemning the attack on two Correctional Centres in Benin City, Edo State.
The hoodlums had attacked the facilities and freed some inmates.
Reacting, the singer in a series of tweets wrote: “After seeing all that’s gone on today I just want to say that from the beginning we have preached that the protest must remain peaceful and Law Abiding and as far as I know we have kept to that! And we will continue to keep to that so the narrative can NOT be switched up on us!
“The people they claim broke into prisons to free convicted criminals, burn police stations to steal weapons, damage police, government, and private vehicles are Criminals and everybody must condemn these acts. They are not part of our movement !
“#EndSars is a peaceful and law abiding protest that is going somewhere great! And no mischief can scatter it!”
Address Nigerians over #EndSARS protests – Senate urges Buhari
The Nigerian Senate has called on President Buhari to urgently address the nation so as to douse the tension in the country.
This comes as hoodlums continue to carry out various attacks on #EndSARS protesters and others in some parts of the country.
The Senators made the call for President Buhari to speak to the Nation after a motion was moved by Senator Biodun Olujimi and co-sponsored by all Senators on the ongoing nationwide protests believed to have been hijacked by hoodlums.
Part of the resolution of the Senators after deliberation include:
-Urge all tiers of government to put in place and sustain policies of social economic reforms that raise the standard of lives of our people;
-Call upon the Police to operate strictly in accordance with the rules of engagement appropriate in a democratic environment;
-Urge the Inspector General of Police to ensure a holistic comprehensive reforms of the police to increase the overall welfare including training and medical insurance of all members of the Nigeria Police Force
-Appeal to all Nigerians to resort to use of legal institutions to resolve disputes and conflicts;
-Urge the Nigerian youths and the Nigerian citizens to approach the National Assembly Committees Constitution and Reforms in order to secure far-reaching holistic amendments that are vital to the restructuring of our federation
-Urge the Federal Government to faithfully and comprehensively implement all the five demands of the #EndSARS movement and protesters with necessary timelines to rekindle confidence in government
-Appeal to #EndSARS movement and protesters to kindly in the interest of everyone stop their actions and embrace genuine dialogue; 7. Urge Mr. President to address the nation as soon as possible on these issues.
-Police should make it a duty to accompany protesters and should be involved in protecting genuine protesters.
- Entertainment11 hours ago
Regina Daniels Birthday: EVERYTHING You Need To Know
- Entertainment13 hours ago
‘My Landlady Chased Me Away And Started My Kind Of Business’ – Nkechi Blessing
- National News11 hours ago
Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos
- Politics15 hours ago
#EndSARS: Gov Bello Warns Protesters Against Overthrowing Buhari
- News Feed12 hours ago
Pasuma Says He Was Not Chased Out Of #EndSARS Protest In Lagos (Video)
- News Feed14 hours ago
#EndSars: “I Was Paid N500 To Bring A Knife To The Protest Ground” – Man Confesses (VIDEO)
- National News16 hours ago
‘#EndSARS One Of The Most Successful Protest In Nigeria’: Lai Mohammed
- Entertainment16 hours ago
Davido Celebrates His Son, Ifeanyi On His First Birthday