Connect with us

News Feed

HIV/AIDS: SACA Supports 20,822 Patients With Free Drugs In Kano

Published

on

The Kano State Agency for the Control of Aids said 20,822 patients had benefited in its free drugs programme in 12 local government areas in the state.

Director-General of the agency, Dr Usman Bashir, made this known on Saturday in Kano while receiving the programme’s report from the Coordinator, Dr Ashiru Rajab.

‎He said that the drugs were distributed through the agency’s Multi-Disease Medical Outreach, adding that the local government areas covered were Kura, Gezawa, Dawakin-Tofa, Bichi and the eight metropolitan councils in Kano city.

Bashir said that the beneficiaries comprised 6,780 males and 14,042 females.

He commended the councils’ chairmen and traditional rulers in the areas for supporting the programme.‎

He expressed delight that the people in the state had embraced the programme through logistics support and impressive turnout.

The director-general said that the objective of the programme had been achieved, pointing out that People Living With HIV (PLWH), hypertension and diabetes were identified and referred to appropriate centres for further management.

‎Bashir added that patients with minor ailments such as malaria were also treated and provided with medicine free of charge.

He appealed to the people to adopt the culture of regular medical checks, advising that doing so would enable individuals to be aware of their health status.

‎He thanked the state government for making the just-concluded HIV Development Project II in the state successful.‎

Presenting the report earlier, Rajab said that the personnel deployed by SACA for the outreach programme did well and that host communities also provided needed cooperation.

Source: Voice of Nigeria

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Feed

Criminal minds threatening Army with travel ban: Buratai

Published

on

Criminal minds threatening Army with travel ban: Buratai

Tukur Buratai, Nigeria’s Chief of Army Staff has disclosed that he does not mind living in Nigeria for the rest of his life.

Buratai made this statement on Monday in a meeting with Army Commanders in Abuja,  where they deliberated on the recent End SARS protest and pockets of violence across the country.

Information Nigeria recalls there have been calls by International bodies calling for a travel ban to be placed on some military officers accused of human rights abuses in Nigeria.

Buratai attacked the international organizations clamoring for a ban on top personnel and soldiers over rights abuses. According to him, his first trip outside Nigeria was when he was 50 and that he doesn’t mind if he has to live in Nigeria for the rest of his life.

“Criminal elements are threatening us with travel ban but we are not worried because we must remain in this country to make it better. The first time I travelled outside of this country, I was already 50 years and a General, so I don’t mind if I live the rest of my life here” The Cable quoted him as saying

At the meeting, the Army chief said recent events across the country have shown the determination of unscrupulous individuals and groups to cause chaos by all means.

“The events of the past few days in our dear nation have shown the determination of some unscrupulous individuals and groups to destabilise Nigeria by all means,” he said.

These individuals, groups and other undesirable elements have hijacked the peaceful #EndSARS protest marches resulting to widespread violence, acts of wanton destruction and looting of public and private properties in many parts of the country. These acts led to the imposition of curfew in several states of the federation.

Despite all these, the army has continued to exercise restraint applied all the principles of internal security operations and fully abided by the internationally recognised rules of engagement as contained in our published standard operating procedures for internal security operations which are derived from the International human rights laws and are in accordance with the international principles guiding the use of force.” he said.

Continue Reading

News Feed

How iron protector prevented my shop from being robbed: Business man

Published

on

How iron protector prevented my shop from being robbed: Business man

Chima Smart Nwaneri, a businessman who operates in Owerri, Imo state has disclosed how suspected robbers were unable to burgle his office due to an iron protector.

Nwaneri thanked God for wisdom saying they couldn’t access his goods because of the protector on his ceiling.

 

 

Chima wrote on his Twitter account;

“So robbers visited my office where i do my business, but I thank God for wisdom, they couldn’t enter because of the protector on the ceiling..
Help me thank God….”

 

Continue Reading

News Feed

#EndSARS: We are not collection of angels, Nigerian Police says

Published

on

#EndSARS: We are not a collection of angels, Nigerian Police says

The Nigerian police have said its officers are not angels, but the force is doing its best to serve Nigerians better.

This was disclosed in a statement posted on Twitter by the force. This comes after several unrest and pockets of violence that greeted the endsSARS protest against police brutality.

The Nigerian police appear to have started an online campaign to redeem their image and rebuild trust with Nigerian citizens, following the nationwide #EndSARS protests and its devastating fallout.

The security agency which admitted that it is not a collection of angels, however told Nigerians that it is doing its best to ensure better services.

The police, Monday night, uploaded a campaign flyer on Twitter, via their official handle @PoliceNG.

“We are not a collection of angels, but we are doing our best to serve you better,” said the flyer which was produced by the police public relations department, Force Headquarters, Abuja.

Continue Reading

Trending