Below are facts you should know about the Nigeria’s Vice President and the Acting President of Nigeria.
1. He is a pastor: Osinbajo is a pastor of the Olive Tree House of Prayer for All Nations in Banana Island, a Redeemed Christian Church of God, (RCCG) parish. He is one of the closest aides to the Church’s General Overseer and revered clergyman, Enoch Adeboye. He has at various times been Master of Ceremony at the church’s Holy Ghost Convention and Congreses usually held at its Camp Ground along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.
2. His education: Prof. Osinbajo was educated at the University of Lagos, Nigeria (LLB, 1978) and the London School of Economics (LLM, 1980).
4. He is Senior Partner in Simmons-Cooper Partners law firm. He supervises the commercial litigation group at Simmons Cooper Partners (SCP), a leading commercial litigation and corporate commercial firm in Nigeria.
6. He is a writer: Prof Osinbajo has written and co-authored (and edited) several books and publications. Some of his books and publications are: “The Unification and Reform of the Nigerian Criminal Law and Procedure Codes” ; “Law Development and Administration”; “The Annotated Civil Procedure rules of The Superior Courts in Nigeria”; and “Cross Examination: A Trial Lawyer’s Most Potent Weapon”.
7. He is currently an independent director of CitiBank Nigeria and an ethics adviser to the board of the Africa Development Bank.
8. He has served in various capacities within the United Nations Organisation.
10. Professor Osinbajo is the co-founder and Board Member Convention on Business Integrity and the Justice Research Institute Ltd.