Connect with us

News Feed

We Reduced 2017 Budget Due To Recession – State House

Published

on

Why You Should Buy YouTube Views Cheap

State House Permanent Secretary, Mr. Jalal Arabi on Thursday said the budget has been reduced from N16.6billion in 2016 to N13.6 billion in 2017 due to economic recession.

While defending the State House 2017 budget proposal before the Senate Committee on Federal Character and Intergovernmental Affairs on Thursday in Abuja, he explained that the management of State House would strategically prioritise its demands within available resources.

Giving insight into budgetary provisions, Jalal explained that it would among other things be used to complete projects that were started in 2016.

“Appreciative of the dwindling government revenues, there is 18 per cent reduction from the 2016 Appropriation of N16.6 billion to the 2017 proposed budget of N13.6 billion.‎

“The 2017 Budget Proposal seeks to consolidate on the performance of the 2016 Appropriation”, he said.

“It is aimed principally at completing ongoing projects captured in the 2016 appropriation which could not be completed due to paucity and irregular release of funds.

“For instance, out of the sum of N2.8 billion appropriated for the State House Medical Centre, only N866.6 million or 31 per cent was actually released”, he added.‎

Arabi further said that contrary to public perception that the state house was wasteful, it had been consistent and conservative in its budget estimates.

According to him, the management was always mindful of challenges faced by the country in the area of revenue generation over the years.

“The state house is focusing on improvement of its basic training programmes in line with the Federal Government policy.‎

“This is aimed at increasing our research base to improve efficiency in service delivery,’’ he said.

He assured that the management of the state house would continue to carry out its operations in line with international best practices, adding that this was done by providing efficient and qualitative services.

Source: Dailypost

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Feed

Lekki tollgate should be dismantled permanently: Bode George

Published

on

Lekki tollgates should be dismantled permanently: Bode George

Former vice-chairman of PDP SouthWest, Bode George has called for the dismantlement of tollgate at Lekki area of Lagos.

The PDP chieftain made this call at a press conference after soldiers were alleged to have shot and killed peaceful EndSARS protesters on October 20.

 

 

According to George, the dismantling of the tollgates would help in pacifying aggrieved Nigerian youths.

In his words;

“Let me reiterate the irreducible minimum acceptable to placate the angry and restless youths in order to restore peace, fairness and equity in our state.

The two tollgates should be dismantled immediately and permanently. AlphaBeta and Lekki Concession Company should be scrapped. The advert signage monopoly given to Seyi Tinubu should be withdrawn forthwith.

The Iya Oloja title should be withdrawn from Shade Tinubu and be given to the individual who deserves it according to tradition.

The NURTW which has become the militia wing of the APC should be re-organized and removed from the ambit and control of political actors.”

Continue Reading

News Feed

Nigeria Air Force arrest officers for flogging curfew violators in Osun

Published

on

The Nigerian Airforce has arrested its erring officers for flogging violators of the state-government imposed curfew in Osun State.

A video that went viral on social media shows Airforce personnel dehumanizing and assaulting residents that violated the curfew.

The video which made rounds on social media on Tuesday, October 27, showed the curfew defaulters inside muddy water while being flogged by the security agents.

But, in a statement released on Wednesday, the Nigeria Air Force said the officers have been arrested and an investigation has commenced.

 

The statement reads:

”The attention of Nigeria Air Force has been drawn to a video showing some personnel flogging/meting out corporal punishment on suspected hoodlums involved in criminal activities during the imposed curfew in Ilesha.

We wish to inform the general public that Nigeria Air Force has identified all the personnel involved in the incident & placed them on close arrest, while investigation to determine their level culpability has commenced, after which appropriate disciplinary action will be taken.

Continue Reading

News Feed

Kunle Afolayan flaunts interior of his exquisite mansion (Photos)

Published

on

Kunle Afolayan flaunts interior of his exquisite mansion (Photos)

Kunle Afolayan, a Nigerian filmmaker, has taken to social media to flaunt the interior of his expensive mansion.

Afolayan disclosed that calls for a full view of the interior of his house by young architect and art lovers made him share the photos on social media

The father of four added that “the structural designs was done by a professional architect but all interiors and esthetic done by me.”

Below are more photos.

Kunle Afolayan shows off the interior of his home (photos)

Kunle Afolayan shows off the interior of his home (photos)

Kunle Afolayan shows off the interior of his home (photos)

Kunle Afolayan shows off the interior of his home (photos)

Kunle Afolayan shows off the interior of his home (photos)

Continue Reading

Trending