Connect with us

News Feed

Oyo Police Arrests Notorious Cult Leader, Ritualists

Published

on

Oyo State Police command has arrested a man, Moshood Oladokun (32), popularly known as Ekugbemi, who is the leader of the dreaded cult group, ‘One Million Boys’.

The group members were allegedly responsible for the spate of violence in many parts of the Ibadan metropolis in recent times.

Speaking while parading the cult leader and other suspects on Friday in Ibadan, the state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Sam Adegbuyi informed journalists that intensive investigation during the last yuletide led to the arrest of the suspects.

Adegbuyi said that the efforts of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad Police Command led to the arrest of the cult kingpin.

He said the notorious kingpin of the ‘One Million Boys’ cult group and his cohorts, who had been very elusive, were fished out from their criminal hideout at Ajah area of Lagos in a shootout that followed a well-coordinated operation carried out by the security operatives.

Moshood Oladokun was one of the 45 suspected criminals nabbed for various atrocities.

Three other suspects who were incriminated in the gruesome murder of a former member of the Oyo State House of Assembly, Hon. Gideon Aremu on April 1, 2016 were also paraded.

The suspects from whom three live cartridges were recovered include Yusuf Jimoh (25), Akeem Tiamiyu (24) and Babarinde Ikeji (29, the gang’s ritualist/spiritualist.

Those arrested alongside Moshood Oladokun, the gang leader of the “One Million Boys” are Mutiu Lawal a.k.a. Eleyele (22); Habib Oladiti a.k.a. Atama (26); and Akinkunmi Abioye a.k.a. Ajanaku (35) while others escaped with bullet wounds.

During interrogation, the suspects confesed to the crime and series of other criminal activities carried out in various parts of Ibadan and its environs.

DAILY POST gathered that the ‘One Million Boys’ had clashed with another rival cult group known as ’Abe Igi Boys’ who are also members of the Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC), in December last year during which the hoodlums caused serious breakdown of law and order in places like Ode-Ige, Odinjo junction, Iba Oluyole and Idi-Aro, among other areas.

During the fracas, shops were looted, several houses were burnt and two persons – Oyerinde Taye and Balikis Suleiman – were gruesomely murdered, just as other victims sustained various degrees of injuries, including a victim whose wrist was chopped off.

Two other suspected ritualists who were arrested with human head and paraded to newsmen were Saheed Adeyemi (33) and Michael Edemba (60).

CP Adegbuyi told journalists that the duo were arrested with a human head at about 6.00 p.m. on February 1, 2017 by operatives of the Omi Adio Police Division.

The arrest of the suspects was made possible following a tip off by members of the public, the police boss said.

Adegbuyi said, “Saheed Adeyemi, the first suspect, walked into the ambush laid by the police while trying to remove the exhibit wrapped in a black polythene bag and hidden beside a shop at Abidogun Junction, Omi Adio. His arrest led to the arrest of the second suspect while preparing to escape from the town when he knew the bubble had burst.

“During interrogation, both suspects confessed to the crime. The first suspect who is an herbalist residing at Awosonso village, Apata, disclosed that he bought the human head at the rate of fifteen thousand naira from a yet-to-be-identified woman, now at large, for the purpose of making money rituals, for the second suspect who was passing through hard times as a result of financial difficulty.

“The second suspect, a resident of Awidere area, Igisogba, Omi-Adio, Ibadan, corroborated the first suspect. The exhibit when recovered was oozing with stench, indicating that it was a fresh head of an unidentified person.”

Source: Dailypost

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Feed

Tinubu finally speaks on Lekki shooting, tells Buhari to find culprits

Published

on

Tinubu finally speaks on Lekki shooting, tells Buhari to find culprits

Former Governor of Lagos state and the All Progressives Congress (APC) Chieftain, Bola Ahmed Tinubu has commented on the Lekki toll gate shooting that left many dead and several others injured.

The Lagos politician who was interviewed via telephone by a Channels TV reporter, Olu Philips, shared his shock over the shooting and also revealed that he is ready to complain to the highest authorities.

Contrary to people’s predictions, Tinubu however denied ordering the shooting and also stated that he can only control his security guard. He again reiterated that he will never be part of any group that uses live ammunition against protesters.

Insisting that he has always been an activist, the APC Chieftain expressed sympathy for the victims of the incident and advised the federal government to “fish out whoever gave the order (for the shooting) and put them on trial”.

He then recalled how he was falsely accused of being behind #EndSARS protests. Tinubu who noted that he doesn’t believe that Buhari ordered the shooting, appealed for calm over the incident. He also denied having a stake in the Lekki toll gate or suffering a loss due to the continous blockage of the area by #EndSARS protesters.

He said,

“It is early hours of the morning, there’s no way I can talk to the authorities or wake them up now. I have tried to reach the NSA, I have tried to reach the head of the army.

“You don’t call the president at this hour, but I strongly condemn the act. There are other means of settling or dispersing protest. Why would they use live bullets? There are rubber bullets.

“I am not even sure yet they are Nigerian army, I am not sure how well the uniforms of the army are controlled. But that is not as critical as the bloodshed that has occurred.

“We have lost our sleep, we have lost our peace of mind, (and) we just have to deal with it.”

Continue Reading

News Feed

Buhari Will Come Up With Solutions In Few Hours -Major General Babagana Monguno

Published

on

Buhari Will Come Up With Solutions In Few Hours -Major General Babagana Monguno

It has been reported that the National Security, Major General Babagana Monguno (retd), on Thursday said the President Muhammadu Buhari, would come up with solutions to the ongoing violence erupting in parts of the country ”in the next few hours”.

Babagana Monguno Says Buhari Is Coming Up With Solutions

According to Punch, May Babagana did not disclose the solutions, he said they would communicate to parties concerned.

Mongunu revealed this in an interview with State House correspondents at the end of a meeting of the National Security presided over the President.

The NSA also did not disclose whether the President will announce the solutions through a national broadcast.

He said,

“The President himself, I have just left his office, is also going to deal with these issues in a specific manner apart from what has just taken place in council.

I believe in the next couple of hours, Mr President will come up with certain solutions that will be agreeable to the entire federation.”

Continue Reading

News Feed

Another Warehouse Loaded With COVID-19 Palliative Allegedly Uncovered In Lagos

Published

on

Another Warehouse Loaded With COVID-19 Palliative Allegedly Uncovered In Lagos

Lagos State residents have again uncovered another warehouse where COVID-19 palliatives are been stored.

The palliatives discovered on Thursday (today), October 22, were meant for residents of Festac-Okota but were secretly stored in the warehouse.

According to reports, at least four people have died at the warehouse due to the hundreds of people that gathered to cart away the food items which include rice, beans, yams, and others.

However, the individual or group of persons who stored up the food items believed to have been provisioned by the government to share for the masses to cushion the effect of COVID-19 are yet to be known as at the time this report is given.

The angry youths and some old-aged citizens in the area gain entrance into the warehouse with force and do away with food items of their choices.

See video below;

Continue Reading

Trending