Connect with us

Odd News

CNN, BBC, New York Times, LA Times blocked by White House

Published

on

The White House has excluded several major US news organisations, including some it has openly criticised, from an off-camera briefing held by White House press secretary Sean Spicer, representatives of the organisations say.

Reporters for CNN, The New York Times, Politico, The Los Angeles Times and BuzzFeed were blocked from the session on Friday.

Image result for white house cnn bbc la times

Spicer’s off-camera briefing, or “gaggle,” replaced the usual televised daily news briefing on Friday in the White House briefing room. He did not say why those particular news organisations were excluded, a decision which drew strong protests.

Reuters was included in the session, along with about 10 other news organisations, including Bloomberg and CBS.

Spicer said his team opted to have a gaggle in his office instead of a full briefing in the larger White House briefing room.

“Our job is to make sure that we’re responsive to folks in media. We want to make sure we answer your questions, but we don’t need to do everything on camera every day,” he said.

Associated Press and Time magazine reporters walked out of the briefing when hearing that others had been barred.

Off-camera gaggles are not unusual.

The White House often invites handpicked outlets in for briefings, typically for specific topics. But briefings and gaggles in the White House are usually open to all outlets and they are free to ask anything.

A pool reporter from Hearst Newspapers was included in Friday’s gaggle, White House spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham said, and was preparing a pool report for distribution to the entire press corps. Media outlets allowed into the gaggle also shared their audio with others.

President Donald Trump has regularly attacked the media. Earlier on Friday, at a gathering of conservative activists, he heaped criticism on news organisations that he said provide “fake news” and called them an “enemy” of the American people.

Spicer’s decision drew a sharp response from some of the media outlets that were excluded.

“Nothing like this has ever happened at the White House in our long history of covering multiple administrations of different parties,” Dean Baquet, executive editor of The New York Times, said in a statement.

“We strongly protest the exclusion of The New York Times and the other news organisations. Free media access to a transparent government is obviously of crucial national interest.”

The White House Correspondents Association also protested.

“The WHCA board is protesting strongly against how today’s gaggle is being handled by the White House,” said Jeff Mason, president of the association and a Reuters reporter.

Trump says some news organisations lie and on Friday denounced their use of anonymous sources. Critics say Trump’s attacks endanger press freedoms.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Local

Shocking! 6 Months Old Baby Raped By 3 Guys

Published

on

Shocking!!! 6 Months Old Baby Raped By 3 Guys

A Twitter user @mskhaddie has shared that she saw a 6 months old baby who was reportedly raped by 3 guys while she was in the hospital with her colleague who took her son to the hospital.

See her narration below:

My colleague took her son to the hospital yesterday, while she was waiting to see the doctor, a 6months old baby was rushed to the hospital. 3guys raped her.
So many evil people in this world.

She will take her son to the hospital tomorrow for another checkup…I will ask her for an update.

Parents don’t leave your children with anybody, don’t trust anybody with your children. Not uncles or aunties and certainly not your neighbours.

Her tweet below:

Continue Reading

Odd News

Nigerian Parents Arrested After Teen Son Dies During Religious Fast

Published

on

A Nigerian couple have been arrested in the US after their 15-year-old son reportedly died during a 40-day religious fast.

Kehinde Omosebi, 49, and Titilayo Omosebi, 48, of Reedsburg, were on Tuesday charged with child neglect causing death and child neglect causing great bodily harm.

The father was said to have walked to the Reedburg police station on Sunday, to report his son had died on Friday, Chief Timothy Becker said.

Investigators who went to the Omosebi home reportedly had to force their way in, as the doors was padlocked on the inside. No food was discovered in the home. They found the “extremely emaciated and deceased” teenager, and also found a gaunt 11-year-old child, along with his mother, Titilayo, who was also undernourished, according to the report.

The father, Kehinde, told authorities that the family began fasting on July 19, and that he was a “religious minister affiliated with Cornerstone Reformation Ministries,” which is believed by police to have been made up.

The mother and 11-year-old were transported to a hospital. The mother reportedly refused medical treatment due to religious reasons, and was taken to the Sauk County Jail.

The child remains in protective custody at Children’s Hospital in Madison, while, according to Becker, the parents are eating while in jail.

Continue Reading

Odd News

This Illuminati Conspiracy Theory Of Celebrities With Black Eyes Will Shock You..

Published

on

A bizarre conspiracy theory has emerged suggesting that celebrities seen sporting a black left eye are part of the Illuminati. Former US President George W. Bush, along with the Pope, Prince Philip and Prince Andrew, have all also been photographed with black eyes.

According to some conspiracy theorists, the black left eye is part of a cult or ‘Illuminati’ high-level initiation ritual during which the pledger is said to be forced to ‘eat pain’ in a quest to become more powerful.

Author and internet radio show host Sherry Shriner –  who wrote the book Interview With The Devil, in which she claimed to converse with Lucifer – has spoken of the link between these black eyes and ‘soul scalping’.

According to Shriner, government leaders, people on TV with their own shows and hundreds of popular entertainers have sold their souls to Satan.

‘You cannot be on TV now, without signing on the dotted line. The bizarre recurrence of facial bruises on Illuminati politicians and entertainers has resulted in speculation that their souls have been replaced in a satanic ritual called “soul scalping”,’ she said.

Shriner, who died earlier this year, believed all the powerful people in the world have been soul scalped.

She said that this can one done in a number of ritualistic ways, all of which result in a ‘possession’, whereby the human soul is removed and the body taken over by the demonic entity.

In conspiracy circles, this process is also known as a ‘walk-in’. Some people believe the blackened eye is a result of soul scalping.

Meanwhile, celebrities have come up with various explanations for how they got their black eyes over the years.

The Pope was said to have hit his eye when riding through the streets of Cartagena, Columbia in the ‘Pope-mobile’ last year.

Several news reports stated that he had made a joke about the injury, saying that he’d been punched.

Conspiracy theorists have pointed out that even members of the royal family have been spotted with black eyes over the years.

Some researchers suggest a link between the bearers of black eyes to the worship of the Egyptian sun god Horus, whose left eye was black and represented the moon and whose right eye was white and represented the sun.

Culled from Daily Mail

Continue Reading

Trending