So how do you know when you are in the “right” relationship? I mean, you could be dating a wonderful person now, but that does not guarantee anything. As a matter of fact, it might even be you who is second-guessing! After the honeymoon period has passed, how can you still be sure that your partner is right for you? Here are five signs to know they’re perfect for you:
1. You feel at ease complaining to them. Remember that time that you vented your heart out to your partner through a string of text messages because your boss was out of his mind? Instead of just ignoring you and calling you “crazy,” he told you that everything will work out fine. If your significant other can do this for you straight out without breaking a sweat, you have yourself a keeper.
2. Your partner has your family’s and friends’ support. Your friends and family are like your front seat fans during the run-through of your life. There are no other people out there that know you better. Think about it: They were there during your highs and lows, so they know you well and can often see things more clearly than you can. If they have met your significant other and agree with your choice, it’s a great sign!
3. You speak your mind without feeling guilty. If your S.O. upsets you, you can tell them about it and they’ll take the feedback without serious emotions. It’s a sign that they have emotional intelligence and understand that effective communication is key to a happy relationship. It means that you don’t have to keep it bottled up until you burst! They listen, sympathize, and try to talk things over.
4. Your partner is not afraid to admit a mistake and say sorry.When your partner commits a blunder, instead of being grumpy and not talking to you about it, they do the complete opposite—they admit their mistake and apologize. This is all a part of fighting fair and growing together.
5. You know that your significant other is staying put. It can be based on what they’ve said or their actions, but it all translates the same: They’re in it for the long haul. You may have gone through some rough patches, but you still managed to make it work and to stay together. Your partner has seen your best and worst and still loves and accepts every part of you.
Actions speak louder than words, so if your new beau shows you he is “the one,” they might just be that!