Connect with us

Politics

INEC Denies Recruiting Ad-Hoc Staff From Lagos For Ondo Election

Published

on

inec

Ahead of the November 26 gubernatorial election in Ondo State, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Sunday has denied report that says it is recruiting ad-hoc staff from Lagos State.

According to news circulating across the media, the Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ondo State, Abayomi Adesanya, had accused INEC of recruiting people from Lagos to favour the governorship candidate of the Alliance for Democracy (AD), Chief Olusola Oke.

However, INEC in a statement released by its Head of Department Voters Registration and Publicity Olabimpe Awoniyi, debunked the allegation, saying it never recruited anyone from outside the state.

Awoniyi, who appealed to political parties, their candidates, the public and particularly the press to verify their facts before publicizing them, added that such reports could lead to violence before, during and after election.

In the same vein, the commission said it has just scheduled its training of supervisory presiding officers for Friday and Sunday adding that presiding officers and their assistants will be trained between November 18 and 20.

Also, the Permanent Voters Cards (PVCs) expected from the Continuous Voters Registration (CRV) earlier conducted in 2015 and 2016 are now available for collection.

It added that the distribution would start on Friday and end next Tuesday.

“Registrants in six units of Use/Emure registration area in Owo Local Government Area; four units of Agbabu registration area in Odigbo Local Government Area; and units of Idoani II registration area in Ose Local Government Area will collect their cards at their various polling centres.

“They should note that only three days, that is Friday to Sunday, are allotted for the collection of the cards at the polling centre after which the commission will revert to the registration areas for the last two days of distribution.”

Politics

Ganduje Reinstates Suspended Aide Who Attacked President Buhari

Published

on

Governor Ganduje
Ganduje Reinstates Suspended Aide Who Attacked President Buhari

Governor Ganduje

Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State has reinstated his Special Adviser on Social Media, Tanko Yakasai.

According to reports, the Kano State Governor who had earlier suspended his media aide for condemning President Muhammadu Buhari over #EndSARS protests reinstated the aide without many details.

Also Read: Wike Signs Executive Order Proscribing IPOB, Lifts Curfew

Yakasai on his Twitter account had accused Buhari of being insensitive to the plights of Nigerians during the #EndSARS protests across the nation.

The development saw Governor Ganduje suspend his aide who was commended by Nigerians for the courage.

Ganduje, however, has ordered the reinstatement of his aide two weeks after his suspension.

Continue Reading

Politics

Fayemi Presents Over N109 billion As Budget Estimate For 2021

Published

on

Fayemi Orders Resumption Of All Workers In Ekiti
Fayemi Presents Over N109 billion As Budget Estimate For 2021

Governor Fayemi

Governor of Ekiti State, Kayode Fayemi has presented the proposed budget for the 2021 fiscal year in the State.

The Governor on Monday presented a budget estimate of over N109 billion for the 2021 fiscal year.

Governor Fayemi, while presenting the budget at the State House of Assembly complex yesterday in Ado-Ekiti described the 2021 budget as “Budget of Recovery and Economic Restoration.”

Also Read: #EndSARS Protests Politically Motivated – Kogi Governor

The budget has a recurrent expenditure of N57, 997,898,982.62k while the capital expenditure has N51, 668,386,739.99k.

Fayemi, said the budget proposal presented contains the policy thrust, programmes, and vision of his administration for 2021, saying efforts shall be made to source the needed resources to fund the budget.

Continue Reading

Politics

National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over ‘Disappointing, Empty’ Speech – PDP

Published

on

National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over 'Disappointing, Empty' Speech – PDP
National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over 'Disappointing, Empty' Speech – PDP

Muhammadu Buhari

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has blasted President Muhammadu Buhari over his nationwide broadcast over the ongoing #EndSARS protest rocking the country.

Recall that Buhari in his speech called for an end to the protest, adding that his government had already accepted and started implementing demands of the protesters.

He, however, failed to acknowledge the shooting of protesters by soldiers of the Nigerian Army at the Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.

Also Read: President Muhammadu Buhari’s speech – Full text

Reacting in a statement on Thursday night by its spokesperson, Kola Ologbodinyan, the PDP said Buhari’s address was depressing and failed empathy test.

The party appealed to Nigerians, particularly the youth, to remain calm and allow a return to normal life in the collective quest for peaceful co-existence in the overall interest of the nation.

Continue Reading

Trending