Connect with us

News Feed

Anxiety over Kogi gov’s whereabouts

Published

on

3

There was anxiety in Kogi State on Sunday following the non-appearance of Governor Yahaya Bello in public in the last two weeks.

Sources said the governor might have been flown abroad to treat an undisclosed ailment.

All state functions have been put on hold leaving the Deputy Governor, Simon Achuba, with only the duty of receiving visitors on behalf of his boss.

However, the governor’s spokesman, Kingsley Fanwo, has denied that the governor is nursing any ailment.

In a statement issued on Sunday night, Fanwo urged the public to discountenance “the rumour,” describing it as lacking any iota of truth.

“My attention has been drawn to the spurious rumour that there are concerns over the health of the Kogi State Governor, Alhaji Yahaya Bello.

“I want to state clearly here for the avoidance of doubt that the rumour lacks any iota of truth. It is a reflection of the depth the enemies of Kogi State have gone in their desperate angst against fate.

Fanwo added, “The governor is hale and hearty, healthy and unwavering in his vigour to make Kogi State the Confluence of Excellence.

“I urge all Kogites of goodwill to discountenance the rumour as His Excellency will return from his two weeks break on the 12th of November, 2016.”

Source: Punch

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Feed

Nengi Reacts To A Tweet Wathoni Made About Her In 2017

Published

on

BBNaija star, Rebecca Hampson Nengi reacts to a tweet made by fellow ex-housemate, Wathoni Ayansi about her in 2017.

Taking to her Twitter handle, Nengi wrote;

“Just saw this tweet Wathoni made about me in 2017.. made me smile @wathonianyansi love you b”

Continue Reading

News Feed

#ABetterTime: See Social Distance -Fans Shades Wizkid As Davido’s Album Surpasses 60 Million Streams

Published

on

Fans shades Wizkid as Davido’s new album #ABetterTime has surpassed 6o Million streams on Audiomack.

Taking to Twitter, they said;

Continue Reading

National News

#LekkiMassacre: CNN Dares Nigeria Government, Updates Second Report (Video)

Published

on

The Cable News Network, CNN seems not done with the President Muhammadu Buhari-led government with the television channel releasing another report on the shooting at the Lekki toll gate during the End SARS protests.

Recall that the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, called out CNN over its report on the incident.

He added that CNN was biased in its report and needs to be sanctioned.

The Minister also addressed a letter to the management of CNN in Atlanta.

The network, however, on Tuesday released the second report with more damning footage showing soldiers shooting at unarmed protesters on October 20, 2020.

The second report also shows the Commander, 81 Division, Brig.Gen Ahmed Taiwo, admitting before the judicial panel in Lagos that military men had live ammunition in their weapons while at the tollgate.

CNN also noted that the statement of Brig.Gen Taiwo contradicts that of the Minister who had claimed last week that the army fired blank bullets.

It was also revealed in the new report, the moment when protesters were running as soldiers open fire at the tollgate.

Watch video below;

Continue Reading

Trending