Romance is not so much about a one-time show of appreciation, acknowledgement or affection; it’s about small, everyday displays of love. Here are nine things men find romantic:
1. Express interest in what he’s thinking or feeling by asking him.
Asking self-reflective questions, allowing the time and space for him to answer, then talking so that he can elaborate will likely make him feel valued and that you care about him in a special way. Ideally, he may discover things or become aware of things about himself he rarely thinks about.
2. Give him your undivided attention, eye-to-eye.
Generally, women talk more than they listen. Giving your undivided attention conveys that whatever they have to say is important to you. Eye contact is a show of genuine interest, that you are comfortable being with him and that what he says truly matters to you.
3. Say what you’d really like: “I’d really appreciate it if you…”
4. Express appreciation for something he said or did.
Here again is the theme of outwardly and explicitly expressing acknowledgement, appreciation or affection. Feeling noticed and seen is validating, therefore inherently romantic. Whether it’s sensitivity, generosity, wit, or intelligence, whatever it was he said or did, let him know it warmed your heart.
5. Say what you’d really like to do together.
Initiating a conversation about planning some kind of getaway together sends the message that it’s not always or entirely up to him to make something happen. You’re also telling him that you want some special quality time together, which will also give you both something to look forward to.
6. Ask questions that encourage him to open up.
Asking questions that require some thought, perhaps self-examination, can create a rare opportunity for him to open up in way that he’s not used to, and shed light on some special quality or ability he’s taken for granted or could never take credit for. You’re also sending a message you want get to know him more deeply and that the coast is clear for him to open up more.
7. Show that you understand where he’s coming from: “I get that what’s most important to you is…”
Understanding is a basic human need. In a simple, basic way, understanding can serve as a definition for love. It’s what intimacy is. Take the time to understand his experience so he feels understood. That’s always a turn-on. Understanding is a bridge that connects the two of you in a deeper way.
8. Surprise him, based on the notion that men long to be free and spontaneous.
A prevailing stereotype is that men are always busy “doing,” distracted, pressured, looking at the time, are locked into a routine which they will rarely deviate from. While this may be true, it doesn’t mean that’s how they want to be. Surprising them is reminding them that it’s possible and OK to be spontaneous.
9. Celebrate what connects you to each other, what’s most special, what works best in your relationship.
Toast him! “Here’s to you.” Toast your relationship! “Here’s to us.” He’s worth it. You’re worth it. Your relationship is a joint-effort that is greater when together than when you are apart. This conversation can bring attention to your respective roles, differences, strengths and weaknesses. It’s not just that you’re special to each other or that your relationship is special, but specifically that which makes it special.
Romance to a guy is about re-affirming a deep connection by being and relating in a way that is personal, as you would relate to a best friend, someone you consider to be your soulmate, that is not romantic per se as much as it is a state of existence.
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Entertainment12 hours ago
‘I Don’t Believe In Sleeping Around To Make Money’ – Actress Destiny Etiko
- Football15 hours ago
Diego Maradona: Biography And Facts (Video)
- Entertainment12 hours ago
Yemi Alade Advises Nigerian Entertainers To Save, Invest
- Entertainment6 hours ago
Singer Kcee Reacts As Toke Makinwa Picks Bone Straight Hair Over True Love
- Entertainment5 hours ago
BBNaija’s Khafi Issues Stern Warning To ‘Womb Watchers’
- National News16 hours ago
Boko Haram Slaughters 43 Farmers In Borno, Destroys Rice Farms
- National News16 hours ago
Buhari Mourns As Boko Haram Kills Over 40 Farmers In Borno
- Entertainment6 hours ago
Actress Eniola Badmus Shows Off Her Trimmer Figure In New Bikini Photo