These are 28 little things we all do and it’s about to get extremely (you guessed it) awkward:
1. Look at your phone every two seconds while waiting for a text
That phantom pocket buzz is so tricky.
2. Pretend you have plans to get out of something
It’s a natural part of maintaining good friendships, but is so awkward when they see right through you.
3. Pretend you got a text to avoid looking too alone in a public place
In truth, you are really just playing pinball and pretending nonchalance while you “wait for friends”.
4. Change a story just enough to sound cool and then get caught doing it
The truth just never sounds quite as cool as you want it to.
5. Secretly obsess over friendship labels
When in doubt, hug it out.
6. Plan who will speak at your funeral
Humans are slightly obsessed with death, so while you are embarrassed about secretly planning your funeral and wondering who will cry over you, you needn’t be. Everyone does it.
7. You Facebook stalk everyone
specially yourself. Things get weird when you add that sort of secret agent feel to it.
8. Pee in the shower
We know it’s gross, but still oddly satisfying…
9. Check yourself out in the mirror
I think this is a very necessary part of life. You have to know what you look like to show it off properly!
10. Eat your food way faster than necessary to avoid sharing
11. Spend forever on a social media post and then delete it without ever posting it
…then delete it without posting it. Sometimes you just aren’t sure if the world will understand your humor and interests. Better to play it safe than end up sorry.
12. Trip while trying to be cool
13. Have conversations while going to the bathroom
I have no clue why it is so satisfying to talk to people while going to the bathroom, but it is good to know I’m not alone.
14. Pretending to know someone even when you don’t
It would be so much easier to admit, “I have no clue who you are”, but that just wouldn’t be polite, now would it? Plus, everyone does it.
15. Pretend to know something and then Google it the second you’re alone