Connect with us

News Feed

Man treks from Lagos to Zaria for lover

Published

on

3

A 26-year-old man, Tunde Agbaje, has reportedly trekked from the Ketu area of Lagos State to Zaria in Kaduna State.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Agbaje, who is the cousin of a former People’s Democratic Party gubernatorial candidate in Lagos State, Jimi Agbaje, went on the adventure to prove his love for a lady, Sharon Donald.

Our correspondent gathered that 26-year-old Donald is the daughter of a former governor of a state in the South-South and had recently travelled to New York, United States of America.

It was learnt that Agbaje and Donald had met in Ikoyi, Lagos State, and had been friends for the past six years, but she had turned down his marriage proposal several times.

Agbaje said he decided to trek to Zaria to prove his love for Donald, adding that he was on the road for 19 days.

The Lagos State indigene was reportedly received on Friday, October 21, by the Chief Security Officer of the Ahmadu Bello University, Col J.K. Tukur; and the protocol office of the Emir of Zaria.

He was later taken to a hospital where he was reportedly treated for the injuries he sustained during the trek, which was monitored by a GPS tracker.

Narrating how he met Donald, Agbaje said, “I was with my friends sometime in 2010 and while we were discussing about ladies, I said I wished God would just show me my wife anytime soon.

“About five minutes later, we were hungry and I went to get food on Awolowo Road. It was my first day at that eatery. I was waiting to be served when she walked in. Coincidentally, that day was also her first day there. I observed that there was a love image at the back of the trousers she put on.

“She approached me and asked what she could buy and I advised her. We later exchanged contacts and became friends. That was how my love for her started growing. We met several times afterwards.”

Agbaje said some months later, he decided to open up on his feelings for Donald, but she turned him down.

He said he persisted, adding that when Donald didn’t bulge, he decided to do “what no man can do for her.”

“I chose to trek to Zaria because her parents dated for six years in ABU, Zaria, before they got married. I didn’t let my parents know and to ensure I was not disturbed, I changed my SIM card. I took a tracker along with me to monitor my movements. I never took a bus at any time. It was a tough task and I even collapsed some of the times. I took off from Ketu on October 2 and arrived in Zaria on Thursday, October 20, around 4.15pm.

“I have no regret for what I have done. I have proved my love for her, even though she didn’t reciprocate my feeling. I believe even if she gets married to another person, nobody will ever be able to do what I did for her,” Agbaje added.

Our correspondent was told that the CSO of ABU, Tukur, called Donald to ask if she was aware of Agbaje’s adventure, which she acknowledged.

She, however, didn’t state if she would accept his proposal.

The head of the protocol office of the Emir of Zaria, Mr. Abubakar Ladan, told our correspondent on the telephone that Agbaje was received at the palace. He added that the emir had stepped out when he arrived.

“I had a brief chat with him and after telling us his mission, we prayed for him and wished him the best,” he added.

When our correspondent contacted Donald, she said she knew Agbaje was embarking on the trek, adding that she warned him against it.

She said she had never had any relationship with him, describing him as a stalker.

She said, “Tunde (Agbaje) has been harassing and stalking me for the past six years and as far as I am concerned, this is just a new escapade in a series of his harassment.

“I met Tunde at a church when I was living in Lagos and we were both part of the youth ministry. He never had a friendship, let alone a relationship, with me. I was in a music group and some of the youths had my phone number, including him.

“He later found out where I lived and came to my house. My mum warned him to leave me alone, but he refused. I changed my phone number and moved to the US, but I don’t know how he got my contact. I have stopped picking calls from Nigeria because of him.

“He later called me and said he was going to trek to prove his love for me in a non-violent way and I told him not to do it because he could die. I said that not because I cared, but just for Christian charity. This guy is mentally unstable, because how can you still be stalking a woman who has turned you down for six years?”

Source: Punch

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Feed

Youths are the problems of the youths, Says Nollywood Actor Charles Anwurum

Published

on

Youths are the problems of the youths, Says Nollywood Actor Charles Anwurum

Popular Nollywood Actor, Charles Awuru, has expressed that Nigerian youths are the problems youths in the country have.

The comic actor and director made this known in a video that has since gone viral on social media.

Awuru stated that the end SARS protest made him realize that the youths are the problem of the youths.

The actor pointed out that one section of the youths are protesting for a better Nigeria while others are looting and attacking fellow Nigerians.

Here is the video below;

Continue Reading

News Feed

Ifa priests curse mob who stole Oba’s staff of office in Lagos (Video)

Published

on

Ifa priests curse mob who stole Oba's staff of office in Lagos

Local priests in Lagos have invoked spell on hoodlums that attacked the palace of the Oba of Lagos, Riliwan Akiolu.

Information Nigeria recalls that the monarch’s palace was on Wednesday invaded by hoodlums, carting away the king’s personal effects to include shoes, and his staff of office (Opa Ase).

But, in a video that has since gone viral, some ifa priests were seen laying a curse on the attackers of the monarch’s palace

 

The monarch on Friday October 23, gave the men 24-hour to return the staff of office.

Following the expiration of the ultimatum, traditional priests in the state gathered to rain curses on those involved in the looting.

Watch the video below:

Continue Reading

News Feed

Lewis Hamilton reacts to Nigeria’s #EndSARS protest

Published

on

Lewis Hamilton reacts to Nigeria's #EndSARS protest

British racing driver, Lewis Hamilton has reacted to the recent end SARS protest against police brutality that rocked Nigeria.

Hamilton, who made the reaction on Twitter, stated that the recent events in Nigeria are a human rights crisis.

 

In his tweet, the British Formula 1 racer described the recent events in Nigeria as a human rights crisis, as he noted that it is the responsibility of everyone to educate and raise awareness about tragedies happening in the world.

Hamilton, who also shared a photo of himself rocking a black T-shirt with the inscription ‘#EndSARS’ and a map with the colour of the Nigerian flag on it, posted a link for people to sign up to demand an end to impunity for police brutality in Nigeria.

He wrote:

“We all have a responsibility to educate ourselves and raise awareness of the tragedies happening in the world around us and take action where we can. The recent events in Nigeria are a human rights crisis. Hit the link to find out more #EndSARS.”

Continue Reading

Trending