A few weeks ago, I was beaten by rain. It was a torrential downpour that was worsened because the wicked danfo driver dropped us in the middle of a puddle and ordered everyone out of his bus. I was so angry that I prayed that his engine will knock, God forgive me! I got drenched. Did I also add that I made three attempts to get a shade in the places close to the bus-stop but the wind that accompanied the rain made me look like I was playing ten-ten under the rain? It was not a joke.
It was not entirely the danfo driver’s fault that I got beaten by the rain. I contributed to it because I had no umbrella. Before I left home that morning, the clouds were dull and light showers had taken place. I erroneously assumed that only light showers would fall throughout the day. I was wrong. Rain beat me shege and madam like me who should know better got drenched. Me sef, I tire. I saw the clouds. I felt the light showers and yet, I walked out of my house without my protection; an umbrella. No one is to blame for my misfortune but me.
So many people leave their sexual security exposed. They are adults.
They are in a sexually active relationship and they don’t use any contraceptive protection. When they get pregnant, they ask, ‘how did that happen? Ask me again. What were you thinking engaging in unprotected sex and not using an emergency contraceptive pill like Postpill. Yeye person. See your life? Don’t be like me who left the house on a rain- threatening day and got drenched. When you see the clouds looming as if to fight you, know that it is possible that it may rain cats and dogs. That knowledge should motivate you to get your umbrella protection.
When you engage in a sexual activity and immediately discover that you did not use any contraceptive prior to the act, my dear, run to your pharmacy and get Postpill fiam! Just one tablet of Postpill within 120 hours of unprotected sex and you can relax that you will not get pregnant. Postpill is very effective if used sooner and because it is only one dose, it is more effective and easier to take and remember. Postpill is available in the markets and drugstores at an affordable price; most times even as low as N150.00.
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Entertainment11 hours ago
‘I Don’t Believe In Sleeping Around To Make Money’ – Actress Destiny Etiko
- Football15 hours ago
Diego Maradona: Biography And Facts (Video)
- Entertainment5 hours ago
BBNaija’s Khafi Issues Stern Warning To ‘Womb Watchers’
- Entertainment11 hours ago
Yemi Alade Advises Nigerian Entertainers To Save, Invest
- Entertainment6 hours ago
Singer Kcee Reacts As Toke Makinwa Picks Bone Straight Hair Over True Love
- Entertainment5 hours ago
Actress Eniola Badmus Shows Off Her Trimmer Figure In New Bikini Photo
- National News15 hours ago
Boko Haram Slaughters 43 Farmers In Borno, Destroys Rice Farms
- National News15 hours ago
Buhari Mourns As Boko Haram Kills Over 40 Farmers In Borno