Love is in the air!
Information Nigeria recently confirmed that Fatima Buhari and Gimba Kumo have decided to take their relationship to the next level, as the dating duo picked their wedding date for this Friday, October 28th.
The wedding Fathia will take place at the President’s residence, Maiduwa GRA, Daura, Kastina state. The event will commence at 2 pm, immediately after Juma’at prayer.
So who exactly is Gimba Kumo and why is President Buhari’s daughter so in love with the former Banking guru?
Here are 9 things to know about the man who’s about to marry into the powerful Daura family.
1. Mallam Ya’u Gimba Kumo was born on the 5th of November, 1959 in Gombe, Gombe State.
2. He’s a Scorpio. According to Astrology.com forecasts for 2016;
“This year will be full of accomplishments on the personal front for Scorpios.”
3. He will be turning 57-years-old on Nov. 5, 2016.
4. Mallam Kumo holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria in 1983 and a Master’s degree in Business Administration and Management (MBA) from Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi in 1999.
5. Gimba was appointed Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria on the 4th December 2010. His tenure ended in August 2014.
6. He was LEADERSHIP Newspapers Public Officer of the Year 2014 award recipient. He was honored for making housing finance a central issue in the nation’s economic development, helping to expand access to mortgage finance and improving the coverage rate from 25 percent to 40 percent in three years.
7. He is married with children. But according to Moslem traditions, he can marry more than one wife.
8. He holds the national honor of Officer of the Order of the Niger (OON).
9. He is a member of many professional bodies including Nigeria institute of Management (NIM), Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (FCITN), Fellow of the African Business School (ABS), Fellow of the Institute of Research & Leadership Technology (IRLT), Member of the Institute of Management Executive & Administration of Nigeria (MIMEA), Member of the Nigeria Institute of Certified Credit Administrators (AICCA).