Connect with us

News Feed

SON seals off eight companies in Ondo

Published

on

3

No fewer than eight companies have been sealed off in Ondo State by the Standards Organisation of Nigeria for allegedly producing substandard products.

The Ondo State Coordinator of SON, Mr. Paul Oke, stated this on Wednesday while presenting a Certificate of Quality to a table water manufacturing company in Akure, the Ondo State capital.

The affected companies, according to the SON boss, allegedly produced substandard bread, blocks, table water, mattresses and soaps, among others.

He added that the companies were located in Akure, Ifon and Okitipupa in the Akure South, Ose and Okitipupa in Okitipupa LGA.

Oke explained that there were other products that had been impounded by the organisation because they were not produced in line with SON’s guidelines.

He said, “We see manufacturers, especially the small scale industries, as big players in the economy. The small scale industries employ about 80 per cent of the workforce in Nigeria. Therefore, we deem it fit that any firm that meets the requirement to produce products must get a quality certificate.

“I want to warn all manufacturers in the state that are producing sub-standard products that SON will not hesitate to seize and destroy such products.”

Source: Punch

Continue Reading
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Alhaji Modu Isa

    September 15, 2016 at 3:56 pm

    The figure is not true. 25,000-19,000 ≠10,000. simplearithematic

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Feed

Nengi Reacts To A Tweet Wathoni Made About Her In 2017

Published

on

BBNaija star, Rebecca Hampson Nengi reacts to a tweet made by fellow ex-housemate, Wathoni Ayansi about her in 2017.

Taking to her Twitter handle, Nengi wrote;

“Just saw this tweet Wathoni made about me in 2017.. made me smile @wathonianyansi love you b”

Continue Reading

News Feed

#ABetterTime: See Social Distance -Fans Shades Wizkid As Davido’s Album Surpasses 60 Million Streams

Published

on

Fans shades Wizkid as Davido’s new album #ABetterTime has surpassed 6o Million streams on Audiomack.

Taking to Twitter, they said;

Continue Reading

National News

#LekkiMassacre: CNN Dares Nigeria Government, Updates Second Report (Video)

Published

on

The Cable News Network, CNN seems not done with the President Muhammadu Buhari-led government with the television channel releasing another report on the shooting at the Lekki toll gate during the End SARS protests.

Recall that the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, called out CNN over its report on the incident.

He added that CNN was biased in its report and needs to be sanctioned.

The Minister also addressed a letter to the management of CNN in Atlanta.

The network, however, on Tuesday released the second report with more damning footage showing soldiers shooting at unarmed protesters on October 20, 2020.

The second report also shows the Commander, 81 Division, Brig.Gen Ahmed Taiwo, admitting before the judicial panel in Lagos that military men had live ammunition in their weapons while at the tollgate.

CNN also noted that the statement of Brig.Gen Taiwo contradicts that of the Minister who had claimed last week that the army fired blank bullets.

It was also revealed in the new report, the moment when protesters were running as soldiers open fire at the tollgate.

Watch video below;

Continue Reading

Trending