Connect with us

News Feed

UNILAG To Screen Candidates Despite Withdrawal Of List By JAMB – Official

Published

on

Why You Should Buy YouTube Views Cheap

The University of Lagos on Monday says it will go ahead with its screening of prospective candidates for admission into the 2016/2017 academic session as scheduled. The institution’s Deputy Registrar, (Information), Mr Toyin Adebule, said this in an interview in Lagos.

unilagssss

Adebule gave the university’s position against the backdrop of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) withdrawing the list of recommended candidates for admission, earlier sent to the various universities. JAMB in the statement signed by its Head of Media and Information, Dr Fabian Benjamin, stated that the withdrawal was to ensure that the senate of each of the universities performs its statutory functions.

NAN reports that UNILAG had, last month, announced that it would begin screening candidates, who chose the institution as their first choice with a cut-off point of 200 and above, between Wednesday Aug. 3, 2016 and Aug. 24, 2016. ‎“We want to inform the public that our screening, for candidates that will be admitted for the 2016/17 academic session, will still hold scheduled from Aug. 3, 2016 to Aug. 24, 2016.

“It is true that JAMB had sent a list to us, which it had considered as those who met our cut-off point. “It is this same list that it had withdrawn to allow the universities carry out their admission process as required by the law setting up their senates.

“There are statutory functions meant for all university senates, among which admissions is part one. “It is only after selecting the candidates for admission that the senate refers the list to JAMB for confirmation in line with the admission criteria of merit, catchment and educationally disadvantaged states.

“And so, it is only proper for JAMB to have taken this step, realising that it had taken over the job of the universities’ senates,’’ he told NAN. Adebule,

however, added that the withdrawal of the list did not interfere with UNILAG’s proposed plan to screen its candidates. He reiterated that candidates would be screened based on the authenticity of their results and their course combination.

Source: Vanguard

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Feed

Pasuma Says He Was Not Chased Out Of #EndSARS Protest In Lagos (Video)

Published

on

Pasuma Says He Was Not Chased Out Of #EndSARS Protest In Lagos (Video)

Nigerian musician, Wasiu Pasuma Wonder has debunked rumour of being chased out of protest ground in the Alausa area of Lagos state.

pasuma

A video that surfaced online yesterday showed the moment the Fuji veteran was booed out of the protest ground as protesters yelled at the top of their voices, Go! Go!!

In a new video posted on his Instagram page, the singer stated that he was never chased away by the protesters. According to him, he was well received by the youths after which he lent his voice in the fight for a better Nigeria.

pasuma chased out protest ground in alausa

Pasuma wonder added that, as a father, he understands the grievances of the #endsars protesters and that he is in total support of the movement.

Continue Reading

News Feed

#EndSars: “I Was Paid N500 To Bring A Knife To The Protest Ground” – Man Confesses (VIDEO)

Published

on

A young Nigerian who was caught wielding a knife at the embattled #EndSARS protest ongoing in Nigeria has revealed that he was paid to take it to the protest grounds.

According to the yet-to-be-identified youngster during an interrogation, he was given 500 naira including his partner to take knives to the venue where the protest was taking place.

He was captured in a video holding a sharp knife and confessing about his actions and who commissioned him to do so.

Continue Reading

News Feed

D’banj backs #EndSARS protesters, says “I know what it means to lose a child”

Published

on

Oladapo Daniel Oyebanjo (born 9 June 1980), better known by his stage name D’banj has said he stands in solidarity with Nigerian youths who are condemning police brutality and raising awareness about the extrajudicial killings carried out by SARS operatives in Nigeria.

The singer who lost his son two years ago said he understands the pain of losing one’s child so he can relate to the pains Nigerians feel about the death of young Nigerians.

He wrote:

I know what it means to be in pain, to lose a child and a loved one, so I know the pain my brothers and sisters are going through and my heart is heavy

I pray God grants us the healing and restoration we so deeply need in our country and that our lights can once again shine
As a Nigerian youth,I try my best to never give up especially when it seems the hardest, so I urge you to do the same.

I stand in solidarity with the Nigerian youth. I stand for restructuring of the Nation system
On that note,we move, we never give up,till we get to the top of the world!
ABUJA ;pls where is the location for the ?? #ReformtheNation #EndSars

Continue Reading

Trending