Connect with us

Politics

“He Kept Insulting, Raising False Allegations Against Me”, Aisha Buhari Opens Up On Suing Fayose

Published

on

Aisha Buhari-Ayo FayoseThe wife of the president, Hajiya Aisha Buhari, who is on a week-long visit to the United States of America to hold discussions with aid organizations on how to help the women and children facing starvation in the north eastern part of Nigeria, has given reasons why she sued Ekiti State Governor, Mr. Ayodele Fayose.

Fayose had in a statement issued in June, following the freezing of his bank accounts by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, accused President Muhammadu Buhari and his wife of corruption, saying a massive estate in Abuja belonging to the president was known to him.

He also alleged that Mrs. Buhari was indicted in the U.S in a bribery case involving a convicted former American congressman, Williams Jefferson.

“Even the president cannot claim to be an angel”, the governor said, adding that “The estate he (Buhari) built in Abuja is known to us. His wife was indicted over the Halliburton Scandal (sic). When that American, Jefferson, was being sentenced, the president’s wife was mentioned as having wired $170,000 to Jefferson. Her name was on page 25 of the sentencing of Jefferson. We can serialize the judgment for people to see and read”.

SEE: Fayose Is A Coward For Hiding Under Immunity To Avoid Prosecution – Mrs Buhari

In spite of her denial and call on Mr. Fayose to retract the allegation and apologize, he refused, insisting Mrs. Buhari was the one mentioned in the famous Jefferson bribery case and dared the wife of the president to visit the U.S if she was not guilty.

Following the expiration of an ultimatum she gave the Ekiti governor to retract his allegation and apologize for falsely accusing her of being involved in the Jefferson bribery scandal, Mrs. Buhari on July 20th, 2016 through her counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta of Mary Ekpere & Co, Legal Practitioners, filed a N5billion defamation lawsuit against him.

Opening up for the first time outside legal documents filed on her behalf in court on why she sued the governor, Mrs. Buhari, in an interview with the Hausa service of the Voice of America, VOA, on Saturday, said it was because he attacked her for no reason, while also raising false allegations against her.

She said Mr. Fayose had been insulting her and the president since during the 2015 campaign.

“At the time, he was not the only one insulting us, but people felt that it was just campaign”, Mrs. Buhari said.

“After the election, which we won and they lost, everyone else moved on except him and he extended his insults to me.

“I did not run for president. I am a married woman and I have never called his name. I never knew him. But as governor and chief executive, he kept insulting and raising false allegations against me, I have to respond and I decided to go to court.

“He made allegations over what he said I did here in the US, even though I have never met the people he mentioned”.

Politics

PDP Asks Buhari To Stop Killing Of #EndSARS Protesters Across Nigeria

Published

on

PDP Asks Buhari To Stop Killing Of #EndSARS Protesters Across Nigeria

PDP

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has condemned the killing of peaceful #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate, Lagos.

This was contained in a statement titled “EndSARS- Lekki Massacre,” signed by the PDP National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, late on Tuesday.

Ologbodiyan said, “The Peoples Democratic Party, condemns in very strong terms, the killing of peaceful protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate in Lagos as well as other parts of our country.

Also Read: Shehu Sani Condemns Shooting Of #EndSARS Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate

“It is shocking that security agents and, in some cases, thugs, were reportedly deployed to end the lives of promising Nigerians. This, to say the least, is saddening.

“Those responsible for the heinous murder of the innocent and harmless Nigerians must account for their nefarious acts.

“The PDP calls on President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately direct an end to these wanton killings across our nation.

 

Continue Reading

Politics

#EndSARS: Gov Bello Warns Protesters Against Overthrowing Buhari

Published

on

Gov Yahaya Bello
#EndSARS: Gov Bello Warns Protesters Against Overthrowing Buhari

Governor Bello

The Governor of Kogi State, Yahaya Bello has declared his intention to lead the #EndSARS protest against police brutality ongoing nationwide.

He stated this during an interview with Africa Independent Television AIT on Monday night.

Bello called on his fellow state governors to tack charge in their respective states so as to prevent loss of lives and properties due to attacks by hoodlums.

Also Read: Fayemi Names Members Of Judicial Panel On Human Rights Violations By Police

He, however, warned Nigerian youths to resist the temptation of using the current situation in the country to seek an undemocratic change in leadership.

The Governor warned that those interested in the presidency must wait till 2023 and go through democratic processes.

He urged the protesting youths to leave the streets and embrace dialogue.

https://twitter.com/jeffreyetuss/status/1318273749565739011?s=19

Continue Reading

Politics

#EndSARS: Protesters Rain Curses On Me: Femi Adesina

Published

on

Why Buhari has travelled to the UK again - Femi Adesina
#EndSARS: Protesters Rain Curses On Me – Buhari’s Aide, Adesina

Femi Adesina

Special Adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina has revealed that he has been receiving curses from Nigerians through phone calls and text messages over a false report that he advised his principal to shun protesters.

Adesina stated in an article he wrote titled: “An Enemy of the People’ published on Thursday evening.

Also Read: #EndSARS: Nigerians Recount Their Horrible Ordeals In The Hands Of Thugs In Police Uniform

Adesina denied that he advised President Buhari for whatever reasons on the End SARS protesters, but said an online platform falsely accused him that he told Buhari to “ignore the protests and not give in to the demands of ‘Twitter warriors’.

He explained that his telephone numbers were posted on social media, thereby, making people reach out to him with curses.

Continue Reading

Trending