Nimbus Resource Solutions is a specialist resourcing and recruitment process outsourcing (RPO) company based in Dubai placing Contract, Permanent and Executive Search resources across Europe, Middle East and Africa. We work with clients across Satellite/Telecoms, Information Technology, Security Integration and Logistics markets.
Job Title: General Manager – Fleet Operations
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- My client is seeking an outstanding General Manager for its Fleet Operations of 200+ vehicles. Owning the P&L for the Fleet Operation the ideal candidate will direct, administer and coordinate all the activities of the transport function. This position will report to the CEO.
- The individual will be able to demonstrate his/her proven track record of consistently leading operations and will play a large leadership role, contributing to the strategic planning of the company.
- Owns the P&L and operates the transport Fleet
- Provides operational best practices for managing cost, reliability, environmental and business process initiatives while ensuring organisational compliance to Company policies and procedures and local regulations
- Supervise and advise on the development and management of fleet databases by compiling and reporting fleet related information on vehicle inventory levels, trends, usage, fuel/maintenance/repair expenses, overall analysis of vehicle expenses, and identifying opportunities for increasing service delivery quality and efficiency
- Identify and recommend vehicle specifications for all classes of vehicles used by the company
- Provide supports, advice, and make recommendations to Management on the procurement of new vehicles with approved vendors in accordance with established specifications and policy
- Conducts life cycle analysis of each vehicle class as input for corporate bench marking and development of technical specifications
- Provide leadership, development and mentoring to the Transportation Section staff
- Minimum of 8 years’ vehicle fleet management experience, with at least 5 years at a managerial level, and preferably within industries related to Supply Chain, Logistics, shipping or similar
- Bachelor’s degree/Masters Degree
- Qualifications relating to Transport Management
- Excellent understanding and experience of all aspects of the industry, including trucks and mass transport safety standards and specifications, acquisitions and lease agreement negotiations, legal, financing, quality management, vehicle technology, maintenance and trends, and tools for management and analysis.
- Excellent planning, interpretive, constructive thinking skills and requires strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to operational management
- An extensive track record in Sales within Logistics/Supply Chain business
- Solutions orientated
- Experience working in the African market, preferably in Nigeria
- Possess extensive relationship network in the industry
- Independent and self-motivated
- Excellent communication, persuasion and presentation skills
Excellent remuneration and Ex pat benefits.
Click here to apply
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- Politics6 hours ago
BREAKING: Senator Abbo Dumps PDP; Joins APC
- News Feed6 hours ago
Lai Mohammed reacts to second report on Lekki tollgate shooting
- News Feed22 hours ago
COVID-19 vaccine: US embassy celebrates Nigerian doctor Ogbuagu
- News Feed22 hours ago
BBC Names Aisha Yesufu As One Of 100 Most Influential Women In The World
- National News9 hours ago
Family Of Slain Vendor Demands N500m Compensation From Gbajabiamila, Threatens Legal Action
- Entertainment6 hours ago
Socialite Pretty Mike And His 6 Pregnant Babymamas Make It To The Wendy Williams Show
- National News24 hours ago
Buhari Commissions Oil Refinery To Process 5,000 Barrels A Day
- News Feed6 hours ago
Offa Polytechnic Student Union Government Gives Merit Award To Cultist Groups