In Nollywood, it’s hard to keep your day-to-day life private, let alone a big event. However, August 24, Funke Akindele managed to pull off the ultimate trick: keeping her wedding to UK based singer, JJC Skillz secret.
As you read, the pair are the latest celebrity couple to exchange vows without being caught.
According to sources, Funke Akindele popularly called Jenifa walked down the aisle with her lover of many months, Abdul Rasheed Bello (better known as Skillz) at a registry in London (United Kingdom).
What started with the actress flaunting her two ring bands earlier on Snapchat, and speculations that the duo might be up to something finally came to light that they indeed got married.
But, because both have been previously married, they decided to tied the knot in secret and out of the prying eyes of Nigerians, added another source.
A colleague of the actress also told our correspondent that, the couple opted for a secret wedding after observing from a distance how rumour mongers almost ruined the wedding of Seyi Tinubu to Layal Holm by exposing their dirty secrets just days to their wedding.
Recall, Funke Akindele was once married to Kehinde Almaroof Oloyede, a property developer in the city of Lagos, while Skillz has four children from three women, and also didn’t enjoy his previous relationships.
The newly wed reportedly got engaged back in February after dating for about a while. Reports of a secret wedding first surfaced in May but neither JJC nor Funke Akindele confirmed the report.
The U.K based singer took to his Instagram page to post several pictures of his sweetheart and best friend, Funke Akindele with a heart-warming caption which says: “Happy birthday @funkejenifaakindele aka FAB. Many happy returns, may all your days be filled with love and happiness. You’ll find peace in your home, work, body and soul. You’ll never lack. Health and wealth is your potion. Long life and prosperity. Stay blessed my best friend.”
The “FAB” nickname is believed to be an acronym for the newly married Funke- Funke Akindele Bello with Bello being JJC’s surname.
The excited birthday girl responded saying, “Thanks my love. God bless us”.
She went further to reveal her first 39th birthday gift from her man in a picture she posted on her snapchat handle with the caption: “Birthday gift came early from le boo. Love you.”
Funke has been in the industry for the best part of a decade but has recently become a household name thanks to her smash-hit movie Jenifa and other leading roles she has acted.
Meanwhile her producer beau has also spent some time in front of the spotlight with chart-topping singles and performances.
Congratulations to both the Akindele and Bello families, coming together in such a romantic, no-one-needs-to-know-but-us fashion!
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Entertainment21 hours ago
Cossy Orjiakor Replies Fans Who Criticized Her For Wearing A Racy Outfit While Preaching About God
- Entertainment23 hours ago
Flavor’s Babymama, Sandra Okagbue Celebrates Him And Their Second Daughter As They Both Turn A Year Older
- Entertainment23 hours ago
YBNL Princess, Temmie Ovwasa To Release Debut Album November 29
- Entertainment24 hours ago
Speed Darlington Blasts Rudeboy Over Copied Outfit
- Entertainment23 hours ago
‘It’s Not Your Duty To Ensure Your Partner Does Not Cheat’ – OAP Dotun Tells DaddyFreeze
- National News17 hours ago
2020 Finance Bill Exempts Minimum Wage Earners From Tax: Buhari
- Entertainment22 hours ago
‘If You Want To Be Like Me, Be Ready To Work Hard’, Bobrisky Warns
- National News18 hours ago
Court Remands Nigerian Senator, Ali Ndume, In Prison