Connect with us

News Feed

Ebelechukwu Obiano Threatens To Slap Critics Of Vegetable Scam

Published

on

5

Wife Of Anambra State Governor Willie Obiano Threatens Critics Of Vegetable Export Scam With Violence
BY SAHARA REPORTERS, NEW YORK AUG 02, 2016
Ebelechukwu Obiano, wife of Anambra State Governor Willie Obiano, has threatened to slap critics of the governor’s vegetable export scam, a source has revealed to SaharaReporters.

“If you bring your face it will be slapped. Big time,” she promised in in a WhatsApp message forum after her husband was criticized for his $5 million vegetable export scam.

The source shared screenshots of the exchange between the aggrieved Mrs. Obiano and a member of the forum, reproduced here, in which she issued the threat.

It was confirmed that the woman making the threat was in fact Mrs. Obiano after the source searched her number in the TrueCaller app, returning the name “Osodieme Osodieme,” which is Mrs. Obiano’s nickname.

In addition to this source, an administer of the WhatsApp group also confirmed the number as belonging to Mrs. Obiano.

This development comes less than a week after a SaharaReporters investigation revealed that Mr. Obiano falsely claimed his State earned $5 million in vegetable exports. As a part of his campaign promoting Anambra State’s agricultural industry, Mr. Obiano used images of vegetables that he claimed had been grown in Anambra State.

That claim however failed the test of authenticity. When we subjected the pictures to a reverse image search, it was revealed that they had been pulled from other websites.

SaharaReporters reached out to Mrs. Obiano on the same phone number listed in WhatsApp. She denied ever threatening to slap any person and repeatedly said that she would not ever do that.

Source: Sahara Reporters

 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Feed

God, pls help Nigeria” – Wizkid Tweets after Buhari’s speech

Published

on

God, pls help Nigeria” – Wizkid Tweets after Buhari’s speech

Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari, finally addressed the nation following the unrest that has happened in the country these past few days.

The President had a lot to say but some Nigerians were not satisfied with the speech and they took to social media to share their thoughts.

Popular singer, Ayo ‘Wizkid’ Balogun was one of these Nigerians and shortly after the speech, he wrote on Twitter ;

Sigh! God pls help Nigeria

See other reactions

Continue Reading

News Feed

‘Waste of 12 minutes’- Nigerians react to Buhari’s national broadcast

Published

on

'Waste of 12 minutes'- Nigerians react to Buhari’s national broadcast

Media users have reacted after President Muhammadu Buhari addressed the nation.

The address took place at 7pm on Thursday, October 22. Two days after End SARS protesters were shot at the Lekki toll gate. The shootings degenerated into chaos.

While speaking to Nigerians today, the president stated that Nigerians “misconstrued” the “promptness” with which the government acted on the End SARS demands “as a sign of weakness”

He added that “human lives have been lost” and properties have been destroyed “in the name of the End SARS protests.”

He then listed the “measures and initiatives” the government has put in place for “youths, women and the most vulnerable groups in our society.”

He then called on youths “to discontinue the street protests.”

After Buhari’s speech, Nigerians took to Twitter to express despair and disappointment. Some pointed out that he didn’t address the Lekki shooting and the lives lost. Most said they have no more hope in Nigeria and expressed eagerness to leave the county.

Below are some reactions:

Continue Reading

News Feed

Maza Maza warehouse: Distribution of COVID-19 palliatives was halted due to #EndSARS protest – Lagos govt

Published

on

Maza Maza warehouse: Distribution of COVID-19 palliatives was halted due to #EndSARS protest - Lagos govt

The Lagos State Government has condemned the vandalisation of the warehouse at Mazamaza housing the food palliative packages donated to the government by the Private Sector Coalition against COVID-19 (CACOVID) group.

Recall that a mob on Thursday, October 22, vandalised the warehouse where COVID-19 palliatives are kept at Maza Maza in Amuwo Odofin Local Govt Area and looted palliatives. The warehouse is located on Benster Crescent, popularly known as Monkey village.

A statement signed by the Acting Commissioner, Agriculture, Abisola Olusanya, said the items belong to the Southwest, contrary to social media reports that they are all for Lagos, adding that distribution was on-going but had to be halted due to #EndSARS protests.

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu had on September 22nd 2020, formally taken receipt of the food palliatives from the CACOVID team meant for distribution to the indigent,” the statement reads.

The State had repackaged its share of the consignment and was distributing it before the protests that have affected activities in the State. The repackaging was being done to account for every beneficiary, according to the agreement with the CACOVID Group, which monitored the process,”

“The warehouse in question is not State-owned and its usage was made available to the CACOVID group. The distribution was on-going but had to be halted due to protests, before the invasion of the warehouse today.

“For effective distribution of the food palliatives, groups such as Transport Unions, Ethnic Groups, Religious Associations, Artisans and Tradesmen Association, Marketmen and Women Association, People Living with Disabilities, Orphanages and Old Peoples’ Homes among others were being used as the distribution channels to their members.

“The State Government, however, regrets the invasion of the warehouse and appreciates the support offered by the CACOVID group to the citizenry of Lagos.”

Continue Reading

Trending