We all know that breakfast is the most important meal for us. Eating a healthy breakfast every morning can reduce the risk for diseases such as cancer anddiabetes. But do you know that some of the a.m. choices that we make is completely wrong. Here go the foods to avoid for breakfast.
1. Sugary cereals and bakery items
Some cereals are full of carbs and sugar. When you eat them, your blood sugarrapidly spikes and then comes down. It is not right to let your energy crash at the beginning of the day and hence it is best to avoid such cereals and bakery items. Instead, choose cereals with higher fiber and protein. Add flaxseed or walnuts for more of fiber and protein.
2. Packaged pancakes, donuts..
Packaged pancakes, donuts are sugar-coated or honey-coated and will only satisfy your sweet tooth. Do yourself and your waistline a favor and opt for a whole wheat toast with lite butter.
3. Store-bought granola
Most store-bought boxes of granola that might appear to be a health mixture of honey, sugar, oats and dried fruit actually contains lot of fat and calories. Many boxed granola also contain lot of hidden sugar, unless you’re reading labels and consciously buying an organic or natural variety made with simple sugars. Otherwise, you’re basically eating dessert for breakfast.
4. Take-away sandwich
It may have the makings of a balanced breakfast—with egg, meat, cheese, and toast—but when you really break down that breakfast sandwich you’re getting a greasy fried egg, processed ham or bacon and full fat cheese. Instead, make one at home using a poached egg and low fat cheese.
Smoothies are full of refined sugar. Most store-bought varieties contain full fat milk, or worse, cream, so it’s really more of a dessert shake than a breakfast beverage. Instead, blend a healthy version at home using yogurt, almond or skim milk and fresh fruits and nuts.
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Entertainment17 hours ago
Faithia Williams Condoles Iyabo Ojo Over Mother’s Death
- National News21 hours ago
NLC, TUC Stage Walk Out From Meeting With FG
- National News20 hours ago
CCB Invitation: Magu Can’t Access Assets’ Documents, Says Lawyer
- Entertainment18 hours ago
“It’s Different And Classy” – Cardi B Praises Erica’s Fashion Style
- News Feed16 hours ago
Iyabo Ojo Finds Out Her Mum Lied About Her Age (Video)
- Metro News21 hours ago
Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu
- National News21 hours ago
Saraki Reacts To Kidnap, Killing Of Worshippers In Zamfara Mosque
- National News21 hours ago
Recession: Nigeria’s Economy On Way To Recovery, Says Osinbajo’s Aide