Connect with us

News Feed

Bailout: FG doles out N50bn to 35 states, Lagos Excluded

Published

on

Kemi-Adeosun-Minister-of-finance

The Federal Government has begun the disbursement of the first tranche of the N90bn conditional loan facility to some of the 35 states that have so far applied for a second round of loan funding.

INFORMATION NIGERIA in this regard brings to you the details.

The Minister of Finance, Mrs Kemi Adeosun, had on June 14, while announcing the N90bn conditional loan facility to states, said the funds had been secured from the private sector to state governments through the issuance of bonds in the bond market.

She had during a meeting with commissioners of finance from the 36 states of the federation said the loan would be given within a one year period.

The ministry of finance has commenced the disbursement from the first tranche of N50bn to some of the 35 states that applied with the second tranche of 40bn to follow suit soon.

It was however gathered that Lagos State opted out from accessing the loan and as such did not send in any application.

 

Continue Reading
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. niko

    July 11, 2016 at 1:17 pm

    Thank you Baba Buhari and Pastor Osinbajo for once again coming to the rescue of these Oliver Twist states of Nigeria in the interest of the suffering workers and people. Your milk of human kindness will not run dry and mercy will not depart from your family. Again Lagos state is not cap-in-hand because Governor Ambode is merciful to its workers and retirees, like the Federal Government.
    As for those jeun-ko-ku (chop-and-quench) state governors-not all the state governors are like that, the day of reckoning is at hand. The EFCC should investigate their private accounts and those of their family and friends not only in Nigeria but also in Britain, America, Cayman Islands, Panama, Dubai, Switzerland, Malaysia etc. to trace what they have done with previous allocations, some of which the Federal Government had to borrow with interest to allocate to these states. They better repent now and return their loot, for everyday is for the thief, but ONLY one is for the owner – the people of Nigeria. Behold, the day of the owner is near for these oppressors. Their wickedness will locate them and the people shall sing in the streets –
    “RUN Pressor man where you gonna run to?
    Run pressor man where you gonna run to? (twice)
    All on that day……..
    You gonna run to the Sea (Britain, Switzerland), the sea will reject you
    You will run to the air (America) the air will eject you
    You gonna run to the land (Dubai, Malaysia, Panama), the land will burn you
    All on that day.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Feed

‘We counted 15 dead bodies’ – DJ Switch breaks silence on Lekki shooting (video)

Published

on

'We counted 15 dead bodies' – DJ Switch breaks her silence on Lekki shooting (video)

 

Popular Nigerian DJ, Switch, has opened up on what happened in Lekki on Tuesday night.

Known as Obianuju Catherine Udeh, Switch said she counted 15 dead bodies during the shoot-out.

 

 

 

In a video she posted on her Instagram page, Switch asked the authorities not to insult the intelligence of Nigerians when giving their own account of what happened on that day.

According to her, the military aimed at endsars protesters as they fired gunshots. She also said that SARS officers came in after the military had left and also attacked them.

According to Switch she and others present counted over 15 bodies.

‘‘I just want to clear a few things that I have been seeing online. To our leaders, I urge you please do not minimize the suffering of families. Do not insult the grief of Nigerians, do not insult the intelligence of Nigerians. Do not insult the pains the families are facing.

People were falling left and right. Yes there were soldiers there. Another part that people are not talking about is that the police also came. The SARS people we are talking about, they also came, some maybe 40-45 minutes after the soldiers left.

We were teargassed. The teargass was like Cotonou pepper mixed with acid. We were running. We would run and we would come back and the only thing we fought with was our flags. We would sit on the floor and we would raise or hands up, raising our flags and singing the national anthem. That was all we had.

They put off the lights. Even if there was no power in that axis, there was always light at the tollgate. There was no lights. The street lights were off. It was pitch black.” she said

Speaking further, she said

”A boy jumped on me and was shouting cover her, cover her. I didn’t even understand why he did that. They shot that boy on my back. I fell and while the soldiers were picking their shells, we were running around and picking their shells too because we wanted proof.”

She showed photos of bullet shells picked from the ground. She showed the one that was fired close to her ears and the one that was removed from someone’s lap.

The military, they were there on Nigerian soil, killing Nigerian citizens. The police and their SARS like people came doing the same thing, aiming and shooting. They were pointing the gun at us and shooting live bullets. Who takes live bullets to a protest?

To our leaders, I urge you to please not insult the intelligence of Nigerians and the families.”

DJ Switch expressed regrets that she and others allowed the military to take the bodies of the deceased persons.

”Something I think of in hindsight I wish we hadn’t done it but we carried dead bodies and dropped at the feet of the soldiers so that they could see what they did to us. When I asked their unit commander why are you killing us? I wish we didn’t do that because they ended up throwing the bodies in their van. This was up until the next morning.” she said

She dissociated herself from the social media accounts claiming she said 78 persons died. She said she and others counted 15 dead bodies.

”I never said 78 people died. What I do know is that when I was doing the live, 7 people had died. When my phone died, we had counted about 15 people. I don’t know if it was more than that. We had a lot of people stray bullet wound, gunshot wounds, and all that.

People did die. It wasn’t photoshopped. I must be a tech genius to photoshop a live feed.” she said

She dismissed reports that her cousin died in the incident.

Thanking everyone for their prayers and support, DJ Switch said

”We must continue to move. We must continue. If we stop I fear it will probably be the next 60 years before we talk about this again. We must continue peacefully. I condemn any sort of violence. I condemn the burning of buses and peoples livelihood. ”

Continue Reading

News Feed

Nigeria still needs SARS, Zamfara gov, Matawalle insists

Published

on

Nigeria still needs SARS, Zamfara gov, Matawalle insists

Zamfara state governor, Bello Matawalle says that the recently dissolved Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) unit was important and useful in the state.Nigeria still needs SARS, Zamfara gov, Matawalle insists

The Governor who made this known while fielding questions from newsmen, called for the deployment of officials of the disbanded police unit to Zamfara.

Matawalle said;

“We have recorded tremendous development in the area of peace building the Zamfara state with the commitment and professional contribution and support of the FSARS of the Nigeria Police.

“I will personally seek audience with Mr President on this issue. We need the FSARS or its equivalent in Zamfara state because we have seen their positive impact in spite their alleged excesses.”

Continue Reading

News Feed

If End SARS protest doesn’t work then it might be over for Nigerian youths – Burna Boy

Published

on

If End SARS protest doesn’t work then it might be over for Nigerian youths – Burna Boy

If End SARS protest doesn’t work then it might be over for Nigerian youths – Burna Boy

Popular music entertainer, Burna Boy has stated that if the recent end SARS protest by Nigerian youths doesn’t yield any positive result, then the future holds nothing for the teeming youths in the country.

The ‘On the low’ crooner stated this in an interview with foreign media, Sky News.

The interview comes two weeks after protests began, sparked by a video showing a man being beaten, apparently by police officers from SARS (Special Anti-Robbery Squad).

Burna Boy, who spoke to Sky News from London, said: “It is shocking when you see it happen in that place, in such a place, that was the landmark of everything.

The Lekki Toll Gate, that was the most peaceful place to protest, the most peaceful venue in the whole country and then that is the place where [the shootings] happen. It is not something that you can just wrap your head around.”

The best-selling Afrobeats artist, who has mixed rap, funk and dancehall influences on international hits like On The Low and Ye, said nationwide protests against SARS have changed the nature of politics in his homeland.

This is the most important moment in Nigeria’s history… that is what we are witnessing right now because if nothing changes after this, if this doesn’t work, then it is over.”

When asked what he meant by this, he replied: “Look at what is going on right now: the youth have come together, like something unexplainable (sic), something that no one man could have possibly organised or led, the youth of the largest black nation in the world came together, said enough is enough and this was triggered by police brutality.

“It’s not like it was triggered by all the other things that it should have been triggered by all these years.”

Sky News

Continue Reading

Trending