Connect with us

Politics

APC Invading Ekiti With Policemen To Arrest Govt Officials, Lawmakers, PDP Leaders On Monday – Fayose

Published

on

Ekiti State Government-logoThe Ekiti State Government has raised the alarm over an alleged invasion of the state by policemen, whose sole aim is to arrest top officials of the government, leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as well as members of the State House of Assembly on Monday.

The state government alleged that the indiscriminate arrest of these group of persons was based on what it termed frivolous petitions orchestrated by the All Progressives Congress (APC) over the June 21, 2014 governorship election that it (APC) lost two years ago.

According to the government, the plan involves the deployment of 20 policemen to be led by an indigene of the state, ACP Olusola Oke, who incidentally hails from the same hometown as the immediate past governor of the state and Minister of Solid Minerals, Dr Kayode Fayemi.

It said the detachment of policemen were already in Alagbon, Lagos State ready to move to Ekiti by 9am on Sunday in three white coloured buses.

RELATED: Police Set To Prosecute 9 Ekiti Lawmakers For Forgery

In a statement issued by the Special Assistant to Governor Ayodele Fayose on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, the government alleged that APC leaders like human rights activist, Femi Falana (SAN); Special Adviser to the President on Political Matters, Senator Babafemi Ojudu; Yinka Akerele and others, were coordinating the invasion in their desperation to destabilise the state because of the governor’s perceived opposition to the “inhuman policies” of the APC-led federal government.

“We have been reliably informed that the latest onslaught against the PDP government of Mr. Ayodele Fayose is to begin on Monday, using the police to arrest top government officials, PDP leaders across the 16 local government areas and members of the House of Assembly”, Olayinka said.

He disclosed that ACP Oke, who is to lead the policemen, is the immediate past Assistant Commissioner in charge of Operations and now the AC X-Squad, FCID, Abuja.

“The operation is allegedly being funded by a former governor from the South South while a prominent aide of President Muhammadu Buhari is said to be directly coordinating.

“ACP Olusola Oke will be accompanied by CSP Ayodele, CSP Enang, four Inspectors and others”, the statement added.

The government said all attempts by the APC to return to power through the backdoor will fail, and advised the party to rather prepare for 2018, instead of running to the Army, DSS, EFCC and now the police.

The Ekiti government also cautioned the federal government against truncating democracy in the country by muscling opposition, alerting the international community to take note of the danger facing democracy in the country under the APC’s watch.

Continue Reading
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Bankky

    July 11, 2016 at 12:46 pm

    Bla, Bla, Bla, Lere Olayinka, you talk too much! If the petitions are frivolous, it’s not left for you to decide how the security agents are suppose to treat them. Besides, why are you getting agitated? You were at this your position when your principal, Fayose hounded out elected members of the Ekiti State Assembly who happened to belong to APC before the last general election last year. What goes around, comes around!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Politics

National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over ‘Disappointing, Empty’ Speech – PDP

Published

on

National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over 'Disappointing, Empty' Speech – PDP
National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over 'Disappointing, Empty' Speech – PDP

Muhammadu Buhari

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has blasted President Muhammadu Buhari over his nationwide broadcast over the ongoing #EndSARS protest rocking the country.

Recall that Buhari in his speech called for an end to the protest, adding that his government had already accepted and started implementing demands of the protesters.

He, however, failed to acknowledge the shooting of protesters by soldiers of the Nigerian Army at the Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.

Also Read: President Muhammadu Buhari’s speech – Full text

Reacting in a statement on Thursday night by its spokesperson, Kola Ologbodinyan, the PDP said Buhari’s address was depressing and failed empathy test.

The party appealed to Nigerians, particularly the youth, to remain calm and allow a return to normal life in the collective quest for peaceful co-existence in the overall interest of the nation.

Continue Reading

Politics

PDP Asks Buhari To Stop Killing Of #EndSARS Protesters Across Nigeria

Published

on

PDP Asks Buhari To Stop Killing Of #EndSARS Protesters Across Nigeria

PDP

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has condemned the killing of peaceful #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate, Lagos.

This was contained in a statement titled “EndSARS- Lekki Massacre,” signed by the PDP National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, late on Tuesday.

Ologbodiyan said, “The Peoples Democratic Party, condemns in very strong terms, the killing of peaceful protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate in Lagos as well as other parts of our country.

Also Read: Shehu Sani Condemns Shooting Of #EndSARS Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate

“It is shocking that security agents and, in some cases, thugs, were reportedly deployed to end the lives of promising Nigerians. This, to say the least, is saddening.

“Those responsible for the heinous murder of the innocent and harmless Nigerians must account for their nefarious acts.

“The PDP calls on President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately direct an end to these wanton killings across our nation.

 

Continue Reading

Politics

#EndSARS: Gov Bello Warns Protesters Against Overthrowing Buhari

Published

on

Gov Yahaya Bello
#EndSARS: Gov Bello Warns Protesters Against Overthrowing Buhari

Governor Bello

The Governor of Kogi State, Yahaya Bello has declared his intention to lead the #EndSARS protest against police brutality ongoing nationwide.

He stated this during an interview with Africa Independent Television AIT on Monday night.

Bello called on his fellow state governors to tack charge in their respective states so as to prevent loss of lives and properties due to attacks by hoodlums.

Also Read: Fayemi Names Members Of Judicial Panel On Human Rights Violations By Police

He, however, warned Nigerian youths to resist the temptation of using the current situation in the country to seek an undemocratic change in leadership.

The Governor warned that those interested in the presidency must wait till 2023 and go through democratic processes.

He urged the protesting youths to leave the streets and embrace dialogue.

https://twitter.com/jeffreyetuss/status/1318273749565739011?s=19

Continue Reading

Trending