Connect with us

Politics

N4.7b Arms Fund: Fayose’s Associates Holed Up In Ekiti Govt House

Published

on

Governor-Ayo-FayoseSome of the major suspects in the N4.7billion arms cash allegedly involving Governor Ayodele Fayose and former Minister of State for Defense, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro, have reportedly holed up in the Ekiti State Government House.

Detectives from the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, were yesterday in Ado-Ekiti, the State capital, to effect the arrest of some of the suspects but found nobody.

The suspects were said to have gone into hiding in the palatial Oke Ayoba Government House where they are safe from arrest.
“They are all holed up in the place but they can’t hide forever”, an EFCC source said last night.

In a related development, the claim by Gov. Fayose yesterday that Zenith Bank finance his election in 2014 may not be true after all in spite of his threat to name officials of the financial institution involved in the transfer of money into his account “if they cannot stand by what they did because of the threat from the EFCC”.

A source disclosed that following the ‘suspicious transactions’ of N4.745billion by Fayose’s associate, Abiodun Agbele, the bank reported to the Nigerian Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU) as required by law.

An EFCC source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said Zenith Bank reported the N1.219billion suspicious transactions by Musiliu Obanikoro and Agbele to the NFIU.

“We have been on this case for a while. From the facts available, Zenith Bank reported the transactions to NFIU”, the source added.

“We have intelligence report that some of these people wanted in connection with the ongoing investigation have been moved to the Government House in Ado-Ekiti”.

On the reaction of Gov. Fayose to the details of the financial transactions on his accounts exposed by the EFCC, the source said: “We have nothing to react to at all because we have put the incontrovertible facts in the public domain.

“Let Fayose go and defend himself. We will not take up issues with him any longer. And having shifted his defence to Zenith Bank, it is the duty of the media to hear from the bank”.

Politics

Fayemi Presents Over N109 billion As Budget Estimate For 2021

Published

on

Ekiti Extends Curfew Indefinitely
Fayemi Presents Over N109 billion As Budget Estimate For 2021

Governor Fayemi

Governor of Ekiti State, Kayode Fayemi has presented the proposed budget for the 2021 fiscal year in the State.

The Governor on Monday presented a budget estimate of over N109 billion for the 2021 fiscal year.

Governor Fayemi, while presenting the budget at the State House of Assembly complex yesterday in Ado-Ekiti described the 2021 budget as “Budget of Recovery and Economic Restoration.”

Also Read: #EndSARS Protests Politically Motivated – Kogi Governor

The budget has a recurrent expenditure of N57, 997,898,982.62k while the capital expenditure has N51, 668,386,739.99k.

Fayemi, said the budget proposal presented contains the policy thrust, programmes, and vision of his administration for 2021, saying efforts shall be made to source the needed resources to fund the budget.

Continue Reading

Politics

National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over ‘Disappointing, Empty’ Speech – PDP

Published

on

National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over 'Disappointing, Empty' Speech – PDP
National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over 'Disappointing, Empty' Speech – PDP

Muhammadu Buhari

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has blasted President Muhammadu Buhari over his nationwide broadcast over the ongoing #EndSARS protest rocking the country.

Recall that Buhari in his speech called for an end to the protest, adding that his government had already accepted and started implementing demands of the protesters.

He, however, failed to acknowledge the shooting of protesters by soldiers of the Nigerian Army at the Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.

Also Read: President Muhammadu Buhari’s speech – Full text

Reacting in a statement on Thursday night by its spokesperson, Kola Ologbodinyan, the PDP said Buhari’s address was depressing and failed empathy test.

The party appealed to Nigerians, particularly the youth, to remain calm and allow a return to normal life in the collective quest for peaceful co-existence in the overall interest of the nation.

Continue Reading

Politics

PDP Asks Buhari To Stop Killing Of #EndSARS Protesters Across Nigeria

Published

on

PDP Asks Buhari To Stop Killing Of #EndSARS Protesters Across Nigeria

PDP

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has condemned the killing of peaceful #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate, Lagos.

This was contained in a statement titled “EndSARS- Lekki Massacre,” signed by the PDP National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, late on Tuesday.

Ologbodiyan said, “The Peoples Democratic Party, condemns in very strong terms, the killing of peaceful protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate in Lagos as well as other parts of our country.

Also Read: Shehu Sani Condemns Shooting Of #EndSARS Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate

“It is shocking that security agents and, in some cases, thugs, were reportedly deployed to end the lives of promising Nigerians. This, to say the least, is saddening.

“Those responsible for the heinous murder of the innocent and harmless Nigerians must account for their nefarious acts.

“The PDP calls on President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately direct an end to these wanton killings across our nation.

 

Continue Reading

Trending