Connect with us

Metro News

No Group Will Occupy Nigerian Communities On My Watch – Arase

Published

on

Solomon aAraseThe Inspector-General of Police, IGP Solomon Arase on Thursday assured that no group will overrun the country or illegally occupy any part of it under his watch as the nation’s number one cop.
He gave the assurance in Abuja at a public hearing on the influx of killer herdsmen to Benue State. The hearing was organized by the House of Representatives’ Committee on Police Affairs.

According to Mr. Arase, the Nigeria Police Force have so far arrested 18 people in connection with the attacks in Benue communities.

“Every life lost diminishes humanity as a whole”, the police chief said. “I have taken an oath to effectively police and protect every security space in Nigeria”.
“And I will continue to do that within the ambit of the law and to the best of my ability and that of my officers and men.
“And I make bold to say that the Nigerian State cannot be overrun by hoodlums, I can assure you”, he added.
Mr. Arase said the NPF had developed initiatives to restore normalcy and ensure peace in the state.
“I had a town hall meeting with stakeholders in Benue where each of the parties presented their positions, both verbally and in writing.
“It was a very protracted argument and before leaving, I was able to come up with some strategies on how to mitigate this crisis which I presented to the government of Benue and Nasarawa states”, he said.
Earlier the Deputy Governor of Benue State, Benson Abonu, who represented Governor Sameul Ortom at the hearing, told the committee that attacks in the state were well-organized with the attackers brandishing sophisticated weapons.
He said: “There appeared to be a systematic move by some people to annihilate the people of Benue State to establish a kingdom or some kind of ‘rulership’.
“It has taken a national dimension, whereby they want to weaken Benue, and then cross over to other parts of the country.
“Right now they have their presence in Kogi, they have attacked Ekiti, Oyo and they are counting. We have made this known to the Army and other security agencies.
“If we do not nip this in the bud, because it has already taken a national dimension, what we witnessed with insurgents in the North East may be a child’s play”, Mr. Abonu warned.
In their submission, the Tiv communities led by Edward Ujege, requested that N100 billion compensation be paid to assuage the loss of lives and properties in the communities.
Mr. Ujege also canvassed for the eviction of herdsmen whom he said had sacked and occupied the communities through violent means.
He also called for the establishment of cattle ranch, describing it as best way to curb the crises.
“Ranching is the only and sure way out of these crises and should be established and operated by individuals”.
The umbrella body of Fulani herdsmen in Nigeria, Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria, MACBAN, was absent at the public hearing.
(NAN)

Metro News

Amotekun: Oyo Releases List Of Successful Applicants

Published

on

Amotekun: Oyo Releases List Of Successful Applicants
Amotekun: Oyo releases list of successful applicants

Amotekun Operation vehicles

The Oyo State Government has released the list of successful applicants for Amotekun Corps in the State.

The process of documentation for successful applicants is billed to commence on Tuesday at the Emmanuel Alayande College of Education.

Also Read: Stop Giving Us Awards… Challenge Us So We Can Sit Up, Wike Tells Journalists

This was contained in a statement made available by the State Commandant of the Amotekun Corps, Colonel Olayinka Olayanju on Saturday.

He indicated that all candidates are to check their names at their various local government headquarters or online through the Oyo State job portal.

 

Continue Reading

Metro News

Zamfara Governor Commiserates With Victims Of Bandit Attack

Published

on

Zamfara Governor Commiserates With Victims Of Bandit Attack
Zamfara Governor Commiserates With Victims Of Bandit Attack

Bello Matawalle

Governor of Zamfara State, Bello Matawalle has commiserated with families of victims of the attack on citizens of Gidan Goga community by armed bandits.

The Governor assured that what is happening in terms of banditry attacks is not a security lapse but a momentary hiccup that will not be allowed to last.

Also Read: Governor Lalong says Plateau lost N75 billion to looters

He said the attack further exposed the desperation of the bandits who are experiencing heavy pressure from the offensive launched by security operatives in recent times.

“I want to assure our law obedient citizens of Zamfara State that the experience we are undergoing will not last. The bandits are experiencing our sustained pressure which they have reacted through cowardly and desperate attacks on innocent citizens,” Matawalle observed.

Continue Reading

Tech News

First celebrity Limited Edition Smartphone in Sub Sahara Africa: Davido Special Edition of Infinix NOTE 8

Published

on

Over the last few weeks, Infinix has floated its candy before the eyes of tech enthusiast intensifying their craving for the soon to be released device. Through several social media posts, Infinix has hinted on the imminent release of the NOTE 8 and we all can’t wait for the device to hit the shelves.

Although the proposed date for the launch in its initial teaser videos and banners have passed without
any launch, we have reasons to believe that the launch will take place sometimes this month.

However, here’s a more interesting news. Infinix is set to be the first smart phone company in sub Sahara Africa to launch a limited edition device with a celebrity. A special edition of the NOTE 8 will be released alongside the primal version of the NOTE 8 and the NOTE 8i. The special edition is  signed by Infinix’s brand ambassador David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido.

The available stock for the special Davido-signed edition is limited. However, interested shoppers can
get one for themselves at exclusive SLOT outlets nationwide and on their website Here. Exciting free
gifts are also available if you’re among the lucky few to buy this device while stocks last.

The Infinix NOTE 8 is targeted at the mid-to-high-end market segment and it comes with several
interesting features. The device on-boards a super-fast processor – the MediaTek Helio G80
processor, which supports ultra-fast gaming speed, stable graphics in-game, easy multi-tasking as
well as an all-round optimal performance.

The device also sports six cameras in total. It comes with a dual selfie camera which is cut out from its
super-wide 6.95inches screen. On the back, the NOTE 8 crams a 64MP super night shot camera for
amazing night shot photographs and other photography needs.

Many of Infinix loyalists and smartphone enthusiasts are already clearing their carts and lining up in
preparation for the launch of the Infinix NOTE 8. Now that there’s a special Davido edition in sight, the
queue might just be doubling up.

To stay ahead of interested shoppers and ensure that you’re one of the first to get your hands on this
special edition of the NOTE 8, follow Infinix on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram at @Infinixnigeria.

You can also join their community of young and vibrant fans on XClub via the app on your Infinix
device or click on this link to download the app if you’re a non Infinix user.

Continue Reading

Trending