The uterus is well hidden, so any problems that arise are not easily detectable. That’s why we have to be aware of the signs it gives when something is not right. It’s vitally important for every woman to visit the gynecologist at least once a year to do preventive exams.
If you feel any type of discomfort, see your doctor. Be aware of your body and any abnormal pain. Check your underwear for strange secretions. These can be signs something is not right.
The main signs of trouble are the following.
Pain that comes from cramps is normal to some extent. These cramps are caused as the uterine contracts to expel the menstrual blood. But if you have pain when you’re not on your period or cramps so bad they make you throw up, these are signs you should get some medical attention. This could be endometriosis, which occurs when uterine tissues grow outside of the uterus, or possibly cancer.
Pain or burning during intercourse should also be investigated. You could have genital infections, endometriosis or sexually transmitted diseases
It’s normal to have vaginal discharge, especially for women in their childbearing years. Menopausal women should have less vaginal secretions. Generally, normal secretions are clear, transparent and colorless. Discharge is only a concern if there is strong odor, change in consistency and color, blood, unusual pain and/or a fever. These signs may indicate there is some type of cervical inflammation.
If your period flow dramatically increases or decreases, this is an important warning sign. Similarly, bleeding after intercourse may be cancer. Have a gynecologist check it out.
4. Difficulty conceiving
This is a complex matter with thousands of causes, but infertility can be caused by endometriosis, polycystic ovary syndrome, dysfunction in the thyroid or the adrenals or sexually transmitted diseases. You will need a medical exam for a correct diagnosis.
5. Uterine Hypertrophy
Hypertrophy means the excessive growth or development of an organ. The acceptable size range of a uterus for women is about 2.5 to 9.8 inches. Signs of hypertrophy include the following.
Increased volume of menstrual flow
The presence of clots
Bleeding between periods
Feeling of fullness or pressure in the lower abdomen
What causes hypertrophy?
This is when endometrial tissue, which is normally lining the uterus, grows within the uterus’ muscular wall.
These are benign formations that can cause pain and delay of menstruation in some cases.
A Myoma is a benign tumor in the wall of the uterus. The majority of women will not produce symptoms and will not need to be treated, but 25 percent will require medical attention. This is more common in women who are black, obese, have diabetes, have a family history of fibroids and/or have never had children. Women who eat a lot of red meat are twice as likely to develop uterine fibroids. Eating vegetables decreases the chances.
The body knows how to express when something is not right. One way or another it sends signals. It is up to us to be attentive. Have preventive examinations regularly, and, if there is pain, discomfort, a bad smell or any other abnormality relating to your uterus, see your gynecologist.
This article was adapted and translated from the original, “5 sinais que o útero dá quando algo não vai bem,”
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Entertainment20 hours ago
‘You Are A Disgrace’ – Actress Adesua Etomi Knocks Lauretta Onochie Over Her Tweet
- National News21 hours ago
‘Your Report On Lekki Capable Of Setting Nigeria On Fire’ — Lai Writes CNN
- Entertainment17 hours ago
‘Why I Don’t Promote My Old Songs’ – BBNaija’s Vee
- Metro News23 hours ago
Nigeria’s Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter
- National News21 hours ago
Petrol Subsidy Not Completely Gone, Says Minister
- National News23 hours ago
Amaechi Apologises For Abuja-Kaduna Train Breakdown
- Politics23 hours ago
Fashola: If We Keep Our Promises, APC Will Retain Power In 2023
- Politics23 hours ago
Saraki Leads PDP’s Nati youonal Reconciliation Panel