Superstar DJ Xclusive hung out with top US video director, Director X who arrived in Lagos last night. The two stars hung out at Cool FM and had a brief chat on DJ Xlcusive’s show. The award winning music video director, who directed Drake’s ‘Hotline Bling’ is in town for the first ever Video Directors seminar in Nigeria…
“They have to kill us all” – Rudeboy set to lead #EndSARS protest at Lekki Toll gate today
Nigerian musician, Paul Okoye, professionally known as Rudeboy has vowed to storm Lekki Toll gate and continue the #EndSARS protest.
Yesterday, the government of Lagos state announced a 24-hours curfew on the state owing to the turn of events at the EndSARS protest. In the heat of the curfew, unarmed citizens were shot by military men and this is said to have claimed lives.
Rudeboy reacted to painful news by calling everyone out to make it to Lekki Toll gate today. He is so pumped up as doesn’t care if it costs him his life.
“Everybody should be at the lekki toll gate tomorrow…….. they have to kill us all we move”
Everybody should be at the lekki toll gate tomorrow…….. they have to kill us all 🇳🇬✊🏾🇳🇬✊🏾 we move
— Rudeboy (@rudeboypsquare) October 20, 2020
#EndSARS: Nigerian Army Denies Shooting At Protesters In Lekki
The Nigerian army has debunked claims that it had hands in the mass shooting of #Endsars protester in the Lekki-Ikoyi area of Lagos state.
No fewer than 50 people were allegedly shot at and injured during the peaceful protest in Lekki on Tuesday evening by fully dressed military men.
In a Twitter post via the military’s official page, the Nigerian Army denied deploying their men to the location or having anything to do with the said shootings.
Contrary to the army’s claim of it as fake news, video evidence from the scene shows otherwise as officers dressed in camo were be seen firing live ammunitions sporadically at protesters.
Watch the video below;
Street lights has been restored after the deed is done… shooting goes on!!! I don’t think online protesters should be sleeping this night please retweet all trending hashtags please!!!#LekkiMassacre #EndSARS #EndPoliceBrutalityinNigeraNOW pic.twitter.com/CeynNH3dhW
— Benjamin Israel 🕒 (@iambennyme) October 21, 2020
#EndSARS: Ekiti state government declares 24-hour curfew
Following the various attacks on #EndSARS protesters in the state, Governor Kayode Fayemi has imposed a 24-hour curfew on the state effective from 10pm on today, Tuesday, October 20.
In a statement released by the Secretary to the State Government, Biodun Oyebanji, the state government said the curfew became necessary following the state government’s observation of how the end SARS protest, which started as a peaceful protest against police brutality by youths in Ekiti State, has been hijacked by some hoodlums.
Read the statement below
1. The Government of Ekiti State has observed with growing concern how the ENDSARS protest, which started as a peaceful protest against police brutality by youths in Ekiti State, has been hijacked by some hoodlums.
2. The hoodlums have capitalised on the ENDSARS protest to rape, assault, rob and extort innocent citizens across the State. These are in addition to the wanton destruction of properties, particularly private properties.
3. Government is concerned that if this state of affairs is allowed to continue unabated, it will lead to a breakdown of law and order thereby threatening the wellbeing of the people of Ekiti State.
4. For the purpose of clarity Government continues to show understanding and responsiveness to the demands of the legitimate protesters.
5. On 16th October 2020, Dr. John Kayode Fayemi, Governor, Ekiti State met with the protesters in person. While identifying with the legitimacy of their protests, he assured them that the State Government will immediately put measures in place to respond to all their demands.
6. Government has since then constituted a Human Rights Investigation Panel to review all cases of abuse by Officers of the disbanded SARS. In addition, Government has enabled a Victims Compensation Fund to facilitate speedy remedial measures for victims of such abuse.
7. Furthermore, several officials of Government have engaged the protesters at multiple fora and platforms including the social media in order to ensure that concerns of protesters are properly identified and responded to in a prompt and efficient manner with necessary feedback.
8. Government had also at various times drawn the attention of the protesters to the troubling hijack of the protests by individuals whose only interest is to inflict violence on the people of the state.
9. In the past 48 hours there have been incidents of gang-rape, robberies, physical assaults on innocent people, looting and burning of a police station. These acts of brigandage are not in consonance with the legitimate aspirations of the protesters. It cannot be logical to seek to remedy impunity with impunity.
10. Government therefore cannot afford to watch a deliberate enthronement of anarchy by some bad elements who have hijacked the protest for some clandestine reasons.
11. Consequently, the Governor of Ekiti State, Dr Kayode Fayemi, hereby imposes a 24-hour curfew on all parts of the State starting from 10.00 pm tonight, Tuesday, October, 20, 2020.
12. Only essential workers and service providers with valid means of identifications are allowed to move around during the period of the curfew.
13. Any person found on the street that does not belong to this category, would be promptly arrested and prosecuted according to the laws of Ekiti State.
14. We seek the understanding of the good people of Ekiti State as we continue to take deliberate steps towards ensuring that peace and normalcy return to our state.”
- Entertainment20 hours ago
Regina Daniels Birthday: EVERYTHING You Need To Know
- Politics24 hours ago
#EndSARS: Gov Bello Warns Protesters Against Overthrowing Buhari
- Entertainment22 hours ago
‘My Landlady Chased Me Away And Started My Kind Of Business’ – Nkechi Blessing
- News Feed21 hours ago
Pasuma Says He Was Not Chased Out Of #EndSARS Protest In Lagos (Video)
- National News20 hours ago
Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos
- Entertainment18 hours ago
#EndSARS: ‘It Hurts Knowing This Country Has Potential’ – Singer Tekno
- News Feed23 hours ago
#EndSars: “I Was Paid N500 To Bring A Knife To The Protest Ground” – Man Confesses (VIDEO)
- News Feed21 hours ago
Carol Afegbai Admits To Shooting Student in 2013, Daughter reacts by deactivating her Instagram account (Video)