Nigeria’s vice priesident, Prof Yemi Osinbajo turned 59 today and many Nigerians have taken to social media to congratulate him including his boss, President Muhammadu Buhari. A lot of you already know that the Vice President is married to Dolapo, Obafemi Awolowo’s grand daughter, with whom he has three kids but not many of you know where Prof Yemi was born, where he went to secondary school and many other things. On this auspicious day, INFORMATION NIGERIA has put together 10 interesting facts about him, you should know…
– Yemi Osinbajo is a Senior Advocate of Nigeria and Senior Partner in the Law firm of Simmons Cooper Partners.
– He was appointed Lagos State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice in 1999 and reappointed for a second term in 2003. During the period of his public service, he commenced the Lagos State justice reform project.
– Yemi Osinbajo was educated at Corona primary School, in Lagos, Nigeria. Between 1969–1975, he attended Igbobi College Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria.
– Prof. Yemi Osinbajo was also the Pastor in charge of the Lagos Province 48, Olive Tree provincial headquarter parish, Ikoyi before his inauguration into office as the Vice President of Nigeria.
– In 1981, he was employed as a law lecturer at the University of Lagos, Nigeria. From 1983 to 1986, he was Senior lecturer of Law at the University of Lagos. From 1988 to 1992, he was an Adviser (legal advice and litigation) to the Attorney-General and Minister of Justice, Bola Ajibola.
– From 1997 to 1999 he was made Professor of Law and Head of Department of Public Law, University of Lagos. From 1999 to 2007, Osinbajo was Member of Cabinet, Lagos State Ministry of Justice, also Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice.
– When the All Progressives Congress (APC) was formed in 2013, Yemi was tasked, with other notable Nigerians, to design and produce a manifesto for the new political party. This culminated in the presentation of the “Roadmap to a New Nigeria”, a document published by APC as its manifesto if elected to power .
Happy birthday Prof. Osinbajo!!!