Connect with us

Politics

Chibok Girls ‘Abduction’ Stage-Managed To Oust Jonathan – Fayose

Published

on

Ayodele-Fayose

Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State on Wednesday declared the alleged abduction of over 200 schoolgirls from their hostels by Boko Haram in Chibok, Borno State almost two years ago, as a hoax.

The governor in a statement by his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, said the alleged abduction was a political tool deployed to stir public sentiments against the Goodluck Jonathan administration ahead of the 2015 general elections.

Mr. Fayose’s comments came on the heels of the confirmation by the Nigerian government that one of the would-be female suicide bombers arrested in northern Cameroon last week and who claimed to be one of the abducted schoolgirls, is not from Chibok.

“Today, many opposition leaders are underground. I don’t think any of these girls is missing; it is a political strategy.

Who is fooling who? If you wanted to use it to remove some people, you have succeeded already”, Fayose said while declaring open a two-day workshop on “Political Aspirants Capacity Enhancement” organised by Women Arise for Change Initiative.

The workshop was organised for women from Ekiti, Osun and Ondo states.

“I don’t know if there are missing girls but no indication has shown that. It is a political strategy, because I don’t think any girl is missing. If they are missing, let them find them”, the governor added.

He also mocked the #BringBackOurGirls advocacy group, saying some of its leaders are using the movement to seek political appointments.

The Ekiti governor further lamented that human rights groups had gone silent since President Muhammadu Buhari came on board, saying “I’m concerned about the activities of human rights groups. Today the government of the day is obeying court order of their choice, while human rights are not respected”.

“We must talk about government providing cover for criminals. You are now using that person to harass innocent person. You will never have peace when you hide justice”, he added.

According to Fayose, “Police came into town yesterday (Tuesday) to arrest political opponents. If you like, demonise me, I will demonise you. I don’t need the police and the SSS (Department of State Services) to walk in my state. It is when you are not popular that you walk with police.

“Any government that rises against me, that government will come down. I’m Peter the rock. By engaging me, you make me more popular and relevant and then court sympathy. I’m one person that is going places. That is why all these challenges are against me”, he stated.

The governor also advised women seeking elective offices to be loyal to their husbands.

Earlier, the President of the initiative and human rights campaigner, Dr. Joe Okei-Odumakin, said the objective of the workshop was to enhance women political participation and their inclusion in decision making process by promoting female political aspirants and appointees.

According to Okei-Odumakin, the workshop was organized to encourage a more massive political mobilisation of women.

She also lamented that Nigerian women had not fully involved themselves in politics, despite the constitutional provisions giving them rights to political participation.

Continue Reading
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. By odoh martin

    April 1, 2016 at 3:54 am

    Fayose well said sir.In d fullness of time prosterity will judge us all.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Politics

Ganduje Reinstates Suspended Aide Who Attacked President Buhari

Published

on

Governor Ganduje
Ganduje Reinstates Suspended Aide Who Attacked President Buhari

Governor Ganduje

Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State has reinstated his Special Adviser on Social Media, Tanko Yakasai.

According to reports, the Kano State Governor who had earlier suspended his media aide for condemning President Muhammadu Buhari over #EndSARS protests reinstated the aide without many details.

Also Read: Wike Signs Executive Order Proscribing IPOB, Lifts Curfew

Yakasai on his Twitter account had accused Buhari of being insensitive to the plights of Nigerians during the #EndSARS protests across the nation.

The development saw Governor Ganduje suspend his aide who was commended by Nigerians for the courage.

Ganduje, however, has ordered the reinstatement of his aide two weeks after his suspension.

Continue Reading

Politics

Fayemi Presents Over N109 billion As Budget Estimate For 2021

Published

on

Fayemi Orders Resumption Of All Workers In Ekiti
Fayemi Presents Over N109 billion As Budget Estimate For 2021

Governor Fayemi

Governor of Ekiti State, Kayode Fayemi has presented the proposed budget for the 2021 fiscal year in the State.

The Governor on Monday presented a budget estimate of over N109 billion for the 2021 fiscal year.

Governor Fayemi, while presenting the budget at the State House of Assembly complex yesterday in Ado-Ekiti described the 2021 budget as “Budget of Recovery and Economic Restoration.”

Also Read: #EndSARS Protests Politically Motivated – Kogi Governor

The budget has a recurrent expenditure of N57, 997,898,982.62k while the capital expenditure has N51, 668,386,739.99k.

Fayemi, said the budget proposal presented contains the policy thrust, programmes, and vision of his administration for 2021, saying efforts shall be made to source the needed resources to fund the budget.

Continue Reading

Politics

National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over ‘Disappointing, Empty’ Speech – PDP

Published

on

National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over 'Disappointing, Empty' Speech – PDP
National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over 'Disappointing, Empty' Speech – PDP

Muhammadu Buhari

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has blasted President Muhammadu Buhari over his nationwide broadcast over the ongoing #EndSARS protest rocking the country.

Recall that Buhari in his speech called for an end to the protest, adding that his government had already accepted and started implementing demands of the protesters.

He, however, failed to acknowledge the shooting of protesters by soldiers of the Nigerian Army at the Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.

Also Read: President Muhammadu Buhari’s speech – Full text

Reacting in a statement on Thursday night by its spokesperson, Kola Ologbodinyan, the PDP said Buhari’s address was depressing and failed empathy test.

The party appealed to Nigerians, particularly the youth, to remain calm and allow a return to normal life in the collective quest for peaceful co-existence in the overall interest of the nation.

Continue Reading

Trending