Lagos or Lasgidi to the locals is a beautiful city. It is highly populated and plays host to most headquarters of companies both locals and multi nationals that operates in Nigeria. One very important thing about Lagos is class. Your class depends on your location (main Land or Island). A first visit to Lagos can be daunting. However, this doesn’t change the fact that Lagos is a great place to live once you get to understand its modalities. Whether you enjoy Lagos or not totally depends on how open minded you are. In case you will be visiting Lagos soon for the first time and do not know what to expect, well, INFORMATION NIGERIA has put together 5 things first timers in Lagos should know…
– Come with a battery back-up: Because power in Nigeria isn’t stable yet and Lagos is worse of, in your luggage should be a battery back up for your phone and other mobile gadgets.
– Stay close: If this is up to you to decide, live a bit close to your office in order to reduce how much traffic you will daily face.
– Park your car only at designated parking spots: Lagos is one city in Nigeria that doesn’t tolerate indiscipline from motorist so if you are coming to Lagos in your personal car, make sure you park at places designated for doing so, otherwise LASTMA officials would be more than delighted to tow away your car.
– Travel light: You don’t have to pack you own. Transportating heavy luggage within Lagos can be a daunting task. There are great malls where you can go shopping for everything you need.
– Blend in well: It is important to have a good sense of humor, pay attention, learn quickly, and prepare to have your mind blown in every way, because in Lagos there is no dull moment.
Enjoy your stay!!!