Do you want to help your marriage or hurt it? I’m sure you want to help it. I would hope that’s what any levelheaded person wants for their marriage. Even if you aren’t happy and you feel like your marriage is in trouble, you probably want to do whatever you can to help it—not hurt it. But sometimes, and even with the best intentions, we end up damaging our relationship with simple day-to-day behaviors and habits.
If you want to foster a healthy, happy marriage, you have to be mindful of how even the smallest actions could be causing large-scale damage to your marital bond.
Here are nine things that are probably hurting your marriage—whether you realize it or not.
1. Sharing problems outside of your marriage. If your marriage is in trouble, the whole world doesn’t need to know it. I am not suggesting you don’t share your feelings or pain with close friends or family, because I know that coping on your own is tough. But does your spouse know how you feel? You can’t go around telling the world about how you’ve been done wrong when you haven’t even shared your true feelings with the so-called wrongdoer. Also, looking for support and encouragement from loved ones during a difficult time is very different than spilling all the intimate details of your marriage and portraying your spouse as the villain. Constantly taking your issues outside of your marriage can destroy any trust you have with your spouse.
2. Holding grudges. Work through it or let it go. Those should be your only two options. Holding on to grudges is unhealthy on a personal level, and it is certainly damaging to your marriage. When you have been hurt, you have to figure out how you can forgive and move on. When resentment builds up, grudges can be poisonous. If you let your bitterness linger for too long, it may begin to sour your spirit and taint your marriage
3. Pointing fingers. Pointing fingers is such a waste of time. Plus, no one truly listens to what you have to say when he or she feels attacked or blamed for something. Even if you are confident that your spouse is in the wrong, learn how to share your feelings and get your “point” across without finger pointing. Present a solution-driven dialogue, where the goal is to prevent future incidents versus assigning culpability on past acts.
When you feign forgiveness, all those feelings and issues surrounding that hurt never really go away.
4. Pretending you’re not hurt. Forgiveness is a critical part of a successful marriage, but forgiving isn’t easy. It takes time. Yes, despite how difficult practicing forgiveness is, you have to do it if you choose to stay in your marriage. When you feign forgiveness, all those feelings and issues surrounding that hurt never really go away. If you’re still hurting, don’t be afraid to ask your spouse or even professional counseling for help moving on.
5. Settling on something you shouldn’t. Compromise is the cornerstone of all happy marriages, but I believe there are things that you shouldn’t have to compromise on. Once you begin making compromises that don’t sit well with your soul, it does damage that may be irreparable. When the moment is right, speak up and go back to the drawing board again to etch out a solution that works for the both of you.
6. Ignoring signs and mood changes. You’ve got a pretty good read on your mate, so don’t ignore what’s right in front of you. If you feel like your spouse is struggling with something and you notice a change in his or her mood, offer support. Marriages (and people) suffer when the obvious is ignored. Walking through all the highs and lows together will only strengthen your bond.
Yelling is rarely an effective way to get your message across. If you want to help your marriage, lower your voice and communicate with compassion.
7. Yelling often. Talk about a bad communication move. The minute you start yelling, your mate either tunes you out or tries to yell louder. Nothing gets accomplished. Yelling is rarely an effective way to get your message across. If you want to help your marriage, lower your voice and communicate with compassion. Lighten the atmosphere with calm, measured dialogue and allow your spouse to be receptive to your viewpoints.
8. Making major decisions without your spouse. Like many professional women, I am an independent woman who doesn’t need to ask her husband for permission to do anything. However, I do consult with him before I make any major decisions. If it’s a major decision, it impacts him. The respectful thing to do is discuss it with him.
9. Not supporting your spouse’s dreams. You don’t have to agree with all of your spouse’s dreams to show support. When you fail to support someone you love, they never forget it. Never. Be keen to show positivity as if it were your dream and the tables were turned.
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Entertainment8 hours ago
‘I Don’t Believe In Sleeping Around To Make Money’ – Actress Destiny Etiko
- Football12 hours ago
Diego Maradona: Biography And Facts (Video)
- News Feed23 hours ago
Man plays video game in the hospital while his wife is in labour
- National News12 hours ago
Buhari Mourns As Boko Haram Kills Over 40 Farmers In Borno
- News Feed23 hours ago
I have become restless, lost my appetite after mocking street hawker – Motara
- National News12 hours ago
Boko Haram Slaughters 43 Farmers In Borno, Destroys Rice Farms
- Entertainment8 hours ago
Yemi Alade Advises Nigerian Entertainers To Save, Invest
- Entertainment3 hours ago
Singer Kcee Reacts As Toke Makinwa Picks Bone Straight Hair Over True Love