Here are eight relationship habits you need to quit.
1. Being Unappreciative
A typical scenario. A girl at your office had flowers delivered to her randomly by her boyfriend. That night at home, you say to your husband, “How come you never do that for me?”
Sometimes, we tend to compare our relationship to other relationships. This is a very bad habit because we are failing to notice the good our partner does for us in his or her own individual way. Life isn’t a scene from a movie all of the time, and your significant other isn’t perfect. Take time to appreciate the things that they do for you. Maybe your husband isn’t buying your love because he’s busy working his butt off to support your family. Perhaps your wife isn’t cooking you a five-star meal every night because she is beyond stressed out at work. Admire what you fell in love with and forget the fluff. Love is shown in many different ways; seek out how your partner is showing his or hers.
2. Letting Yourself Go
Especially with couples who have been together for many years, sometimes we tend to take our partner for granted because we know that they will always be there and always love us. However, this does not mean that we need to “let ourselves go.” Still find time to work out. Still make an effort to wear that outfit your significant other finds you sexy in. Still try to look nice when you go out in public. At one point, you tried so hard to impress one another. Why stop now?
Yes, women, I’m talking to you. Nagging is extremely frustrating and wearing, and is one of the largest complaints against women that men have. Instead of whining, try to calmly and clearly communicate your needs. Complaining all of the time won’t solve your problem, and it certainly will not motivate your significant other to change. Instead, it will drive him or her away and create a barrier between the two of you. You may think that nagging helps when it reality, it is just worsening the situation. Sit down and have a conversation with your partner about what you would like the two of you to work on together.
4. Failing to Listen
Relationships are built on a foundation of trust and intimacy. How would you feel if you talked to your partner about a concern of yours and it went in one ear and out the other? We all want to feel valued and understood. When you fail to listen properly to your significant other, you are creating a void between the two of you. When you are multitasking or pretending to listen, you are sending a clear message: That what your partner has to say either does not interest you, or that you do not care. That’s hurtful. Listen to what your partner says and appreciate that they are coming to you to talk.
5. Being Negative
Honestly, no one likes a Debbie-downer. Positivity is a breath of fresh air, and too much negativity is draining. Being around a constant complainer is extremely taxing. Everyone needs to vent from time to time, but if you are spending most of your time complaining around your partner, it’s time to give it a rest. Positive thoughts are contagious. Encourage each other to live well.
6. Not Following Up on Your Commitments
A healthy relationship is a team comprised of two people depending on one another. When you and your partner decide something together and one person falls though on their commitment, it’s frustrating. If you said you were going to do something, do it. Don’t make promises that you can’t keep. Be someone that your partner can count on and follow up on your commitments.
7. Bad-Mouthing Each Other in Public
Treat each other with respect. How would you feel if your husband was complaining to his buddies that you were being a pain last night? You would likely feel pretty hurt, embarrassed, and disrespected. Honor your significant other and show off your love to others rather than bashing it.
8. Being insecure
We all have insecurities, but if you are constantly dwelling on yours, you are putting too much focus on yourself and not the relationship. Work on these internally and do not weigh your significant other down. Do not let your insecurities run your relationship.
Editor’s note: This article was originally published on Inspiration Indulgence.
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Entertainment18 hours ago
South African Rapper, Cassper Nyovest Lauds Wizkid’s ‘Made In Lagos’ Album
- Entertainment13 hours ago
‘How Can You Be Angry That Someone Is Happy’ – Singer Davido Blows Hot
- Entertainment15 hours ago
Wizkid Calls Out British Rapper, Tinie Tempah And His Manager Over Unpaid Debts
- Entertainment19 hours ago
Singer Jennifer Lopez Goes Nude On New Cover Art
- Entertainment18 hours ago
Davido’s ‘The Best’ Featuring Mayorkun Hits 10M Streams In Its First Week
- National News17 hours ago
We Deliberately Shut Down Refineries – NNPC GMD
- Entertainment18 hours ago
‘I’m Rooting For Burna Boy To Win The Grammys’, Says Tiwa Savage
- Entertainment18 hours ago
Laycon Becomes Most Followed BBNaija Winner On Instagram; Hits 2.5M Followers