Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class developers, and connect them with employers around the world looking for top technical talent. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen
About the Director of People and Culture – Nigeria:
Andela is seeking a Director of People and Culture to build our organizational capacity and ensure we are creating an environment in which our staff can realize their full potential. To be successful in this role, the right candidate will bring extensive knowledge and experience in managing and building people systems for growing organizations. As a coach to a growing team of managers, a supporter to our staff, and as the designer of our human systems, you will play an instrumental role in building a truly world class organization.
In this job you will:
Serve as the head of all people systems and operations from our Lagos, Nigeria location. With a growing team of Fellows (software engineers), instructors, supervisors and support team staff, there is a need for someone to come in and build the kind of systems we need to ensure individual and group success.
You will also:
- Serve as a key member of the Andela team in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Develop systems, procedures and policies to manage the full employee lifecycle, e.g. staff recruitment (non-Fellows), on-boarding, performance management, compensation,and exiting.
- Build upon existing systems to manage employee benefits, healthcare, and other Human Resources functions. The objective is to maximise value delivered to fellows and non- fellows whilst maintaining statutory compliance.
- Oversee Andela non-Fellows recruitment process and work with team members to ensure a smooth process flow from identification of a vacancy to the filling of that vacancy.
- Manage on-boarding of new hires to ensure a seamless integration and optimise new hire productivity.
- Ensure that the day-to-day operations of people-related functions are carried out in a timely, efficient, and proactive manner. The objective is to deliver transactions in alignment with agreed HR service standards specifications.
- Manage the People Team including the People Associate and external suppliers and consultants.
- Work with individual supervisors to coach best practices related to driving individual performance.
- Serve as a thought leader and Andela brand champion across various internal and external channels.
Qualifications & Characteristics
As the ideal candidates for this role you:
- Comprehensive understanding of core human resources processes and systems (recruitment, absence management, organisation change, workforce planning and performance management) and best practice standards for each.
- Employment law knowledge and practical experience of its application (specific expertise in organisation change)
- Ability to create effective working partnerships with key stakeholders and to use these to create and implement people and organisation related business plans that support the achievement of business goals and objectives.
- Experience in a challenging, changing, complex business environments with a special focus on multiculturalism (and internationalism).
- Implementation of employee engagement strategies that have successfully delivered improved individual employee and organisational performance.
- A minimum of 10 years professional experience in a range of sectors.
- BS/BA degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent +7 years of relevant HR experience or MS/MA degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent, and 5 years relevant experience.
- Certified member of Chartered Institute of Personnel Management or related body is a bonus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Skill to build HR systems: benefits, payroll, accounting (not necessarily extensive knowledge, more knowing how to build the system)
- Ability to manage a team
- Skill to implement a performance management system for growing organization
- Skill to intervene with dissatisfied staff or mediate disagreements
- Skill (+experience) to build a recruiting program
- Ability to quickly build trust with staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Skill to interact with diplomacy, tact and follow up on requests in timely and efficient manner. Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive HR issues, projects.
- Skill to build systems to keep records, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Computer literacy at an intermediate level. Including ability to use HR and other business software. Experience in HRIS implementation is an advantage. .
- Knowledge of in-country employment regulations, e.g. Nigerian labor/employee relations statutes and capacity to apply them to Andela Nigeria. Ability to adapt applicable founding country labour laws (US) into local practices as required.
- Strong knowledge of
– salary structure
– benefits and compensation
– job evaluation systems.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to email@example.com
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- Entertainment10 hours ago
Faithia Williams Condoles Iyabo Ojo Over Mother’s Death
- National News14 hours ago
NLC, TUC Stage Walk Out From Meeting With FG
- National News13 hours ago
CCB Invitation: Magu Can’t Access Assets’ Documents, Says Lawyer
- Entertainment11 hours ago
“It’s Different And Classy” – Cardi B Praises Erica’s Fashion Style
- News Feed9 hours ago
Iyabo Ojo Finds Out Her Mum Lied About Her Age (Video)
- Metro News14 hours ago
Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu
- National News13 hours ago
Saraki Reacts To Kidnap, Killing Of Worshippers In Zamfara Mosque
- National News14 hours ago
Recession: Nigeria’s Economy On Way To Recovery, Says Osinbajo’s Aide