Connect with us

Politics

Dasukigate: Accord Party Confirms Receiving N100m From Anenih Through Ladoja

Published

on

Rasheed LadojaAccord Party has confirmed receiving N100 million from a former chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Peoples Democratic Party, Chief Tony Anenih, ahead of the 2015 general elections.

The party said it got the money through its national leader, Senator Rashidi Ladoja, who was the party’s governorship candidate in Oyo State.

The party acknowledged the payment in a letter to the chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibrahim Magu.

The letter, dated January 8, 2016 was signed by the national secretary of the party, Nureni Adisa.

Mr. Anenih is one of several high profile Nigerians discovered to have received payments from a $2.1 billion slush fund, originally meant for the purchase of arms and munitions for the Nigerian Armed Forces to effectively combat the Boko Haram insurgency but which was diverted by the erstwhile National Security Adviser, NSA, Sambo Dasuki.

The former PDP BoT chairman reportedly explained to the EFCC in a letter late last year that he was not a beneficiary of the sum, but that he was instructed by former President Goodluck Jonathan to release the funds to some political groups for mobilisation and post-election peace advocacy.

He stated in a letter to the EFCC that N100 million was given to the leader of the Social Democratic Party (SDP), Olu Falae, N100 million to the leader of Accord, Mr. Ladoja, and N63 million to a group headed by leader of the Northern Elders Council, Tanko Yakassai.

Confirming receipt of the funds, in the letter titled, ‘Release of One Hundred Million by Chief Tony Anenih’, Mr. Adisa said, “Our attention has been drawn to a newspaper report that the sum of One Hundred Million Naira was released to the ACCORD leader, Senator Rashidi Ladoja by Chief Tony Anenih, the (former) Chairman BoT of the PDP.

“We confirm that the sum of One Hundred Million Naira was given to the party through our leader after series of meetings between the leadership of ACCORD and Chief Tony Anenih in preparation for the 2015 general elections”, said the letter.

Mr. Adisa highlighted three issues discussed at the said meetings, which according to him, led to the release of N100 million to Mr. Ladoja.

“There was need to support the presidential candidate of the PDP since ACCORD had no presidential candidate.

“The need to ensure that peace was maintained to enhance peaceful movement during periods of campaign, elections and after the elections.

“The need for the PDP to support ACCORD campaign effort”, said the letter.

Accordingly, the AP scribe said Mr. Anenih released N100 million “for these purposes through our leader, Senator Rashidi Adewolu Ladoja”.

“The money released was accordingly used for the purposes as stated above”, Mr. Adisa added.

Politics

Ondo Election: Jegede Files Petition Against Akeredolu’s Victory

Published

on

Ondo Election: Jegede Files Petition Against Akeredolu’s Victory
Ondo Election: Jegede Files Petition Against Akeredolu’s Victory

Eyitayo Jegede

Eyitayo Jegede, candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the October 10, 2020, governorship election of Ondo State, has challenged the victory of Governor Rotimi Akeredolu in the exercise.

Jegede, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, filed a petition at the election petition tribunal sitting in Akure on Friday.

The PDP candidate has also joined the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), the All Progressives Congress, and the deputy governor-elect, Lucky Aiyedatiwa, in the petition.

Also Read: Ondo Guber: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Akeredolu, Deputy

Jegede is challenging the election on four grounds including “That the election was marred by irregularities and pockets of violence and intimidation”.

He also faulted the emergence of Governor Akeredolu as the candidate of the APC during its governorship primary election held on the 20th of July 2020.

Continue Reading

Politics

AlphaBeta’s Collection Of $19m Monthly Revenue In Lagos Sacrilegious, Says Bode George

Published

on

Bode George
AlphaBeta’s Collection Of $19m Monthly Revenue In Lagos Sacrilegious, Says Bode George

Bode George

A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic  Party (PDP) Chief Bode George has described the collection of internally generated revenue in Lagos state by a private firm called AlphaBeta, which earns around N7.5bn ($19 million) monthly as sacrilegious.

The former National Port Authority (NPA) called on the state government to block all forms of revenue leakages.

He made this known while speaking on Arise TV on Friday morning.

Also Read: BREAKING: IGP Replies Amnesty, Says Policemen Didn’t Shoot #EndSARS Protesters

“There are so many leakages in the Lagos State Government purse. Take this AlphaBeta; who owns this AlphaBeta? What is the essence of the AlphaBeta? Where else in the world would you have an Inland Revenue Service, who have their own staff who are supposed to go out and collect the fees, but you have an independent company to be supposedly collecting the internally generated revenue from our state?

“It grosses around N50bn (about $130m) a month and you know how much that company (AlphaBeta) is paid 15% of it, that’s N7.5bn in thirty days going to the company, that is a leakage, that is sacrilegious.”

 

Continue Reading

Politics

Ganduje Reinstates Suspended Aide Who Attacked President Buhari

Published

on

Governor Ganduje
Ganduje Reinstates Suspended Aide Who Attacked President Buhari

Governor Ganduje

Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State has reinstated his Special Adviser on Social Media, Tanko Yakasai.

According to reports, the Kano State Governor who had earlier suspended his media aide for condemning President Muhammadu Buhari over #EndSARS protests reinstated the aide without many details.

Also Read: Wike Signs Executive Order Proscribing IPOB, Lifts Curfew

Yakasai on his Twitter account had accused Buhari of being insensitive to the plights of Nigerians during the #EndSARS protests across the nation.

The development saw Governor Ganduje suspend his aide who was commended by Nigerians for the courage.

Ganduje, however, has ordered the reinstatement of his aide two weeks after his suspension.

Continue Reading

Trending