A lot of revelations have come to light on how the $2.1 billion meant for arms purchase was allegedly diverted into the presidential campaign of former president and the candidate of the party in the 2015 general elections, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan. Former Minister of State for Finance, Bashir Yuguda, Col. Mohammed Sambo Dasuki (retd), a former National Security Adviser (NSA); Shuaibu Salisu, a former Director of Finance and Administration NSA’s office, Attahiru Dalhatu Bafawara, a former governor of Sokoto State; Sagir Attahiru, his son and Dalhatu Investment Limited are a few men in the Jonathan administration that are currently being tried for the offence. Months into the commencement of the investigation, the man who was at the helms while the looting was taking place, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan has refused to say a word. In light of this, INFORMATION NIGERIA has gathered up the reasons why Jonathan must speak up now…
– The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) under which Jonathan emerged as president has become an object of public ridicule and harsh criticisms and everyone in the party, whether innocent or guilty are being tagged as corrupt. In light of this shame, Jonathan must speak up to redeem his party, whose goodwill he enjoyed for years.
– If the PDP organised a dinner where billions of naira was raised money for Jonathan’s campaign, what then is the explanation for the armsgate? Jontahan must say.
– Jonathan can not act aloof in all these as these alleged crimes were perpetuated under his watch. He should clarify whether he instructed his former NSA to divert the money meant to fight Boko Haram into his campaign.
– Jonathan in the last administration held the highest authority, therefore must answer questions on what he knows or doesn’t know about the chilling revelations being made on the $2.1 billion arms deal.
– Jonathan had said that his government never awarded any contract in the range of US$2bn, so where did this money come from? Jonathan must tell Nigerians.
– It is disturbing to start to think it possible that one man (Dasuki), all by himself could have disbursed such mind-boggling amount without the approval of the President and Commander in Chief. If he (Dasuki) actually did it all on his own, then Jonathan must tell us where he traveled to or if Dasuki was the President in his stead.
Jonathan can no longer keep mum on this issue, it will do neither Jonathan nor Nigeria any good. We all want to get to the root of this matter, therefore let our former President speak up now or what do you think???
Fayemi Names Members Of Judicial Panel On Human Rights Violations By Police
Governor of Ekiti State, Kayode Fayemi has constituted a judicial panel of inquiry to investigate cases of human rights violations against police officers.
The Governor named retired Justice Cornelius Akintayo and retired Police Commissioner, Mr. Dipo Ayeni, as members of the Judicial Panel of Inquiry.
This decision was contained in a statement signed by the governor’s Chief Press Secretary, Yinka Oyebode.
Other members of the panel are: Mrs. Yetunde Kolawole, State Counsel- Representing the Honourable Attorney-General & Commissioner for Justice,
Mrs. Kikelomo Owolabi, Chairperson, Nigerian Bar Association, Ikere-Ekiti Branch, and Mr. Rotimi Ojomoyela, Chair, Nigerian Union of Journalists, Ekiti State Branch.
Others include: Mr. Jamiu Abiodun Adigun, Representative, National Human Rights Commission, Mr. Adeyinka Opaleke, Representative, Legal Aid Council of Nigeria, Ms. Caroline Fakinlede, Ekiti State Youths Representative, Mr. Abiola Johnson-Ogunleye- Ekiti State Students Representative and Mr. Akin Rotimi, Researcher, Police Reforms.
#EndSARS: ‘Protesters Are Not Here To Cause Chaos’ – Shehu Sani
This is coming at a time when there have been reports of the government planning to deploy troops of the Nigerian military to control the situation which has heightened the tension in the country.
Reacting to the reports, the former lawmaker from Kaduna stated that the protesters are not mischief-makers as being reported in some quarters but rather people who want the chaos in the country to end.
See the post below:
The protesters are not here to cause chaos but to end it.#EndSARS
— Senator Shehu Sani (@ShehuSani) October 19, 2020
BREAKING: Abuja #EndSARS Protesters Block Kuje, Airport Road
#EndSARS protesters have blocked the Kuje road leading to the Shehu Musa Yar’Adua expressway.
The protesters also blocked the Airport road, preventing motorists from the right of way.
Although it has been reported that Soldiers have blocked the initial venue of the planned #EndSARS protest in Abuja.
The military officers were stationed at the popular Aya roundabout early Monday morning, with a roadblock and barricade.
Also, police officers are stationed in front of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) headquarters with Armoured Personnel Carrier and water cannons.
The protesters gathered at the Kuje road and the Airport road to press home their demands.
- Entertainment19 hours ago
“Those Inmates In Benin Were Illegally Released By Authorities” – BBNaija’s Tacha Claims
- News Feed22 hours ago
Thugs set prisoners free after hijacking #EndSARS protest in Edo
- National News21 hours ago
BREAKING: Edo Government Declares 24-Hour Curfew
- News Feed15 hours ago
#EndSARS protesters break into Lagos International Airport (Videos)
- Entertainment23 hours ago
‘Arrest Us Too’ – Genevieve Nnaji Reacts To Arrest Of Protesters In Kano
- Trending23 hours ago
BREAKING: #EndSARS Protesters Shut Alausa Secretariat
- Travel22 hours ago
Exotic Resorts May Be the Best Bet for a Holiday
- News Feed22 hours ago
Stop using death of your child to blackmail Nigerians – Kiki Mordi tells D’banj