A lot of revelations have come out of the $2.1bn arms deal scandal, in which former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki was alleged chief distributor. These were monies intended to be spent on security to procure arms and fight insurgency but was diverted by a handful of individuals, which the EFCC is now tracing to the bank accounts of these top Nigerian politicians. Based on this, Information Nigeria brings you 4 reasons why those found guilty must be prosecuted no matter who they are….
– Thanks to these greedy individuals, millions of Nigerians have been forced out of their homes/towns/villages to live in Internally Displaced Persons camps around the country as a result of the activities of the deadly Boko Haram insurgents.
– While thousands of the country’s ill-equipped soldiers were being massacred by the well-equipped insurgents, some top politicians were busy diverting the fund set aside to purchase equipment.
– Government money was used to fund election campaigns, which also ended up in private pockets of some of these politicians, enriching themselves while ordinary Nigerians went to bed hungry and others dealing with the unpleasantness of living in IPD camps.
– These looters must, as a matter of necessity, be punished so as to serve as deterrent to everyone who harbour similar intention in the future.
Don’t you agree???
Fayemi Names Members Of Judicial Panel On Human Rights Violations By Police
Governor of Ekiti State, Kayode Fayemi has constituted a judicial panel of inquiry to investigate cases of human rights violations against police officers.
The Governor named retired Justice Cornelius Akintayo and retired Police Commissioner, Mr. Dipo Ayeni, as members of the Judicial Panel of Inquiry.
This decision was contained in a statement signed by the governor’s Chief Press Secretary, Yinka Oyebode.
Other members of the panel are: Mrs. Yetunde Kolawole, State Counsel- Representing the Honourable Attorney-General & Commissioner for Justice,
Mrs. Kikelomo Owolabi, Chairperson, Nigerian Bar Association, Ikere-Ekiti Branch, and Mr. Rotimi Ojomoyela, Chair, Nigerian Union of Journalists, Ekiti State Branch.
Others include: Mr. Jamiu Abiodun Adigun, Representative, National Human Rights Commission, Mr. Adeyinka Opaleke, Representative, Legal Aid Council of Nigeria, Ms. Caroline Fakinlede, Ekiti State Youths Representative, Mr. Abiola Johnson-Ogunleye- Ekiti State Students Representative and Mr. Akin Rotimi, Researcher, Police Reforms.
#EndSARS: ‘Protesters Are Not Here To Cause Chaos’ – Shehu Sani
This is coming at a time when there have been reports of the government planning to deploy troops of the Nigerian military to control the situation which has heightened the tension in the country.
Reacting to the reports, the former lawmaker from Kaduna stated that the protesters are not mischief-makers as being reported in some quarters but rather people who want the chaos in the country to end.
See the post below:
The protesters are not here to cause chaos but to end it.#EndSARS
— Senator Shehu Sani (@ShehuSani) October 19, 2020
BREAKING: Abuja #EndSARS Protesters Block Kuje, Airport Road
#EndSARS protesters have blocked the Kuje road leading to the Shehu Musa Yar’Adua expressway.
The protesters also blocked the Airport road, preventing motorists from the right of way.
Although it has been reported that Soldiers have blocked the initial venue of the planned #EndSARS protest in Abuja.
The military officers were stationed at the popular Aya roundabout early Monday morning, with a roadblock and barricade.
Also, police officers are stationed in front of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) headquarters with Armoured Personnel Carrier and water cannons.
The protesters gathered at the Kuje road and the Airport road to press home their demands.
- Entertainment14 hours ago
Regina Daniels Birthday: EVERYTHING You Need To Know
- Entertainment16 hours ago
‘My Landlady Chased Me Away And Started My Kind Of Business’ – Nkechi Blessing
- Politics18 hours ago
#EndSARS: Gov Bello Warns Protesters Against Overthrowing Buhari
- National News15 hours ago
Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos
- News Feed15 hours ago
Pasuma Says He Was Not Chased Out Of #EndSARS Protest In Lagos (Video)
- News Feed17 hours ago
#EndSars: “I Was Paid N500 To Bring A Knife To The Protest Ground” – Man Confesses (VIDEO)
- National News19 hours ago
‘#EndSARS One Of The Most Successful Protest In Nigeria’: Lai Mohammed
- National News15 hours ago
Akwa Ibom Governor Constitutes Judicial Panel To Probe Police Brutality