Standard Chartered Bank – We’re a leading international bank, with more than a 150-year history in some of the world’s most dynamic markets.
We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
With 1,600 branches and offices in 70 countries, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities.
The Senior FCC Manager is to provide support, oversight and assurance that core operational processes executed in FCC, as well as the specialist supporting systems for surveillance/ screening are functioning effectively and efficiently in handling financial crime risks for the business as usual teams.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate / generate MI and ensure visibility to right stakeholders
- Interpret MI and provide covering analysis for Committees and Management Forums
- Provide oversight on risk profile screening escalations / alerts
- Review significant risks and issues (e.g. SAR’s and confirmed name matches) reported to ensure that all connected parties, particularly across borders, are identified and reported at the appropriate levels internally and externally across all relevant jurisdictions. This should include the use of “link analysis” tools.
- Track/report all remedial actions (audit, CMRs, exams, RA etc.)
- Manage escalations from the business
- Implement the transaction monitoring and screening framework appropriate in the area and country so that relevant alerts are generated for investigations
- Provide advice and guidance to the frontline staff regarding financial crime screening policies and procedures when necessary
Leadership and Management
- Provide leadership and guidance to the area FCC team
- Help develop skilled resources within the area team who can contribute to the management of FCC
- Support efforts to position the Bank as an industry leader in the eyes of regulators and industry stakeholders
- Promote and embed a compliance culture throughout the Bank
- Partner with colleagues across the Bank to help drive a culture of risk awareness and proactive risk identification and assessment
- Work closely with the Regional’s Governance function and their teams, ensuring there is a consistent message to country FCC, and dealing with country issues as they come up
- Support the business in managing regulatory relationships where FCC issues are a problem
Qualifications and Skills
Execute Compliance Governance, Frameworks and Models
Partner with the business to make decisions based on the knowledge and interpretation of current and possible future policies, practices, trends and information of financial crime
Develop and implement financial crime compliance arrangements/frameworks (programs, policies and procedures) for bank and business lines
Develop and implement risk and Market Integrity methodologies
Deliver effective FCC/Sanctions/AML/ABC training programs to meet the training needs of the business
Implement Identification, Monitoring, Testing, and Reporting
Implement prevention and detection client due diligence (CDD, EDD and CIP) to verify the identity of clients
Implement FCC/sanctions/AML/ABC risks identification and assessment and advise business on the findings
Resolve suspicious activity alerts (SARs)
Partner with Business and Operational Risk to identify and mitigate financial compliance risks
Manage and Mitigate Risks
Conclude investigations of non-compliant activities
Review system safeguards and recommend process enhancements
Manage FCC Regulatory Relationships
Participate in regulatory and supervisory meetings and consultations
Resolve conflicts of interest arising from regulations and information security
Partner with regulators locally or globally
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to email@example.com
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- Entertainment23 hours ago
Faithia Williams Condoles Iyabo Ojo Over Mother’s Death
- News Feed21 hours ago
Iyabo Ojo Finds Out Her Mum Lied About Her Age (Video)
- Entertainment23 hours ago
“It’s Different And Classy” – Cardi B Praises Erica’s Fashion Style
- Entertainment19 hours ago
Cossy Orjiakor Replies Fans Who Criticized Her For Wearing A Racy Outfit While Preaching About God
- News Feed21 hours ago
Anambra 2021: I Will Build 21 Universities If Elected Governor – Godwin Maduka
- News Feed21 hours ago
Denrele Edun Meets His ‘New Twin’, Says “Time To Start Questioning Our Parents”
- News Feed21 hours ago
You Want To Use Me And Boost Your Slow Career – Speed Darlington Slams Paul Okoye Over Outfit
- Entertainment21 hours ago
Flavor’s Babymama, Sandra Okagbue Celebrates Him And Their Second Daughter As They Both Turn A Year Older