Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in around 120 countries. Our vision is to live in a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation.
Last year Save the Children’s programmes and campaigns reached more than 55 million children directly around the world, through our and our partners’ work.
We work to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Across all of our work, we pursue several core values: accountability, ambition, collaboration, creativity and integrity.
This position will be responsible for providing technical support and guidance in the implementation of the economic strengthening component of the STEER OVC project. The job will primarily focus on; support CSOs on market assessment which will include gender iterative economic opportunity analyses, identification of pro-poor, high-growth value chains, building financial literacy skills of households, incorporating basic market principles, facilitate skills trainings, manage group savings programs, household economic assessments, support to households to develop and scale-up businesses on community-based savings and loan schemes, (S&L) for caregivers and heads of households.
Key Areas Of Accountability
· Ensure the day-to-day implementation of the work plan activities in the State and provide input into the development, on-going management and maintenance of work plan.
· Coordinate identification of viable HHES models, gather information on what models of HHES are available in the target communities, both formal and informal
· Based on the above, contribute to the design of flexible and adaptable economic strengthening models based on best practices and relevance to the Nigeria context, which can be feasibly rolled out in target communities.
· Support to train and guide CSOs or partners as they roll out HHES strategies in target communities, working with teams to plan and implement the roll-out strategies.
· Provide support and mentoring to CSO staff and partners in implementing the HHES services in the communities, through field visits, refresher trainings, on the job training etc. Help CSOs ensure that services are relevant and useful to the beneficiaries and well integrated with other services provide by and through the STEER project.
· Help the project CSOs or partners ensure that economic strengthening services provided by STEER project are in line and complementary with, other economic strengthening services provided by other agencies at the state and community levels.
· Coordinate periodic monitoring/reviews of the HHSE services, identify successes, and using lessons learned to make contribution to the overall HHES strategies of the project.
· Ensure that HHES components and related services are integrated into project reviews and evaluation activities.
· Support State level planning of activities as agreed in the STEER work plan.
· Under the Supervision of HES Advisor, manage the preparation, coordination, and execution for special technical events.
· Participate in meetings, seminars, debriefings and other technical meetings as required.
· Compile States level reports on project results, case studies and lessons learned.
· Develop State level annual, quarterly and monthly work plans as agreed with the line manager.
· Facilitate, draft, and participate in the development of, and/or the timely completion/review of STEER technical reports, such as: monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports; strategic plans and work plans; and other ad hoc reports, as required.
· Participate in the design and implementation of assessments and evaluation studies, trainings, and workshops.
· Support the work of consultants in the States as needs arise.
· Document technical team meetings, partner meetings, conferences, and workshops, so that notes are around to team members not in attendance and to STEER/HQ.
· Provide support on technical initiatives, including performing literature searches, investigating key issues, and contributing to technical activities as required.
· Maintain good relationship with Government and non-Government partners working on Nutrition in the States.
· Perform other duties and tasks as determined by the STEER COP, including assisting HES Advisor.
· Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s child protection policies; comply strictly to security procedures and other staff policies.
· Experience in HES interventions
· Experience in Financial Exclusions and Management of Savings’ Groups
· Experience working with an international NGO a plus
· Interest in development issues
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully in team environment
· Fluency in English and Hausa for Kaduna position
· Experience working across multiple sub agreements and partners; ability to work well with people at all levels.
· Strong initiative and self-motivation required, with a commitment to teamwork and effectiveness within a dynamic multi-disciplinary project.
· A degree or equivalent work experience in the field of agriculture, economics, or development
· Strong computer skills required, especially the ability to work comfortably in the MS office package
· Ability to work independently and manage various projects in a team setting with limited supervision
· Demonstrated ability to assess priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality
· Strong organizational and communication skills.
PLEASE STATE YOUR PREFERRED LOCATION IN YOUR APPLICATION
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to email@example.com
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
Vacancy for an Editor at Information Nigeria
nformation Nigeria a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers is looking to employ an experienced editor.
– Supervise and be responsible for all content created and published on the Information Nigeria website.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communications or a related field.
Pay package includes industry standard salary and bonuses when certain milestones are met.
* Please send a cover letter, CV and 3 samples of your work to: email@example.com
* The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for Editor Position’
* Application Deadline is: 23rd June 2019
- Entertainment11 hours ago
Regina Daniels Birthday: EVERYTHING You Need To Know
- Entertainment12 hours ago
‘My Landlady Chased Me Away And Started My Kind Of Business’ – Nkechi Blessing
- Politics15 hours ago
#EndSARS: Gov Bello Warns Protesters Against Overthrowing Buhari
- National News11 hours ago
Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos
- News Feed12 hours ago
Pasuma Says He Was Not Chased Out Of #EndSARS Protest In Lagos (Video)
- News Feed14 hours ago
#EndSars: “I Was Paid N500 To Bring A Knife To The Protest Ground” – Man Confesses (VIDEO)
- National News16 hours ago
‘#EndSARS One Of The Most Successful Protest In Nigeria’: Lai Mohammed
- Entertainment16 hours ago
Davido Celebrates His Son, Ifeanyi On His First Birthday