Connect with us

Metro News

Two SUVs Buhari Received From Jonathan Following Attempt On His Life Were His Entitlements – Presidency

Published

on

MUHAMMADU-BUHARI-DASUKI

Although some of those who have been named to have received money from the former National Security Adviser Sambo Dasuki have said it was compensation for Boko Haram attacks suffered, the presidency, Tuesday, stated categorically that President Mohammadu Buhari never collected any monetary compensation from the government of former President Goodluck Jonathan or any of its officials in the aftermath of the Boko Haram attack on him in Kaduna last year.

This came following reports that President Buhari was settled with $300,000 and 5 Sports Utility Vehicles, SUVs after the attacks. Dasuki had threatened to reveal the involvement of former Nigerian Leaders who shared in the “loot”.

The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina on Tuesday, in a statement refuted the claims. However, he admitted that two jeeps were given to the president; one armoured and one not armoured. But he said that the SUVs were statutory entitlement of president Buhari as a former Head of State.

According to him, President Buhari could not have compromised his integrity by accepting monetary compensation from a discredited regime of President Goodluck Jonathan.

“Our attention has been drawn to reports making the rounds, especially on internet-based media, that President Muhammadu Buhari received $300,000.00 and up to five armoured SUVs from the Office of the National Security Adviser in the aftermath of the attack on his convoy in Kaduna last year.

“We unequivocally deny that President Buhari received $300,000.00 or any monetary compensation whatsoever from the Jonathan Presidency or any of its officials, in the aftermath of that attack, or at any other time since then.

“While it is true that one armoured SUV and one untreated SUV were sent to the President in the aftermath of the attack, the vehicles were in keeping with his entitlements as a former Head of State under the Remuneration of Former Presidents and Heads of State (And other Ancillary Matters) Decree of 1999.

“Section 3, Sub Section 1 of that Decree provides that three vehicles will be provided for former heads of state and replaced every four years.

“There was therefore nothing untoward, illegal or tending to corruption in former Head of State Buhari and Presidential aspirant, as he then was, receiving vehicles, to which he was statutorily entitled, from the Federal Government of Nigeria.

“President Buhari had in keeping with his austere, spartan and frugal disposition shunned most of his entitlements as a former Head of State, but was prevailed upon by his supporters to accept the two vehicles for his personal safety in the aftermath of the dastardly attempt to assassinate him.

“It is preposterous to think that the President will allow his acclaimed reputation of honesty and incorruptibility to be tarnished by accepting a questionable monetary compensation from a discredited regime,” the statement read.

Metro News

Gunmen Abduct Wife Of Akeredolu’s Chief Of Staff

Published

on

 Gunmen Abduct Wife Of Akeredolu’s Chief Of Staff

Ondo on map

Kidnappers on Friday abducted the wife of Olugbenga Ale, Chief of Staff to Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu.

According to reports, she was kidnapped around Owena after the Joseph Ayo Babalola University while on her way back to Ondo from Lagos State.

Also Read: Unknown Gunmen Kill Ondo Traditional Ruler, Olufon Of Ifon

The police spokesman in the state, ASP Tee-Leo Ikoro, confirmed the news to Channels Television on Friday.

This development is coming about twenty-four hours after a first-class traditional ruler in Ondo State, the Olufon of Ifon in Ose local government, Oba Isreal Adeusi, was murdered by suspected kidnappers.

 

Continue Reading

Tech News

TECNO Stormed Computer Village with BBNaija’s OZO to Wrap up its Black Friday Sales Activities

Published

on

The month of November is always known for its intense sales activities because the best deals of the year come
during the Black Friday Period. For TECNO, Africa Number One mobile brand, it was the time to reward its
customers with massive discounts and various gift items while also unveiling some of its new devices.

The brand in collaboration with SLOT stormed computer village as part of the events to wrap up its black Friday
sale activities, hosted BBNaija’s Ozoemena Chukwu to a hangout at SLOT Ikeja.

Fans and customers had a fun time interacting with the handsome celebrity while enjoying discount offers on
TECNO devices. Different deals and gift items were up for grabs as customers who made purchases at the store
enjoyed 50% discounts on Spark 5, Camon 16 Series and 100% cashback on the Spark 5 Pro.

The major highlight of the event was the presentation prizes to lucky winners. Customers who participated in
the spin the wheel game won gifts items such as Bluetooth Speaker; Power Bank and kettle while those who
participated in the Scratch and Win Promo won for themselves different deals ranging from 50% to 100%
cashback.

TECNO also introduced two latest devices-the Spark GO 2020-powered by Google Android 10 Go Edition and a
TECNO POVA. POVA means ‘Powering Optimal Value and Ambitions’ is a rebrand of the popular battery series
formerly known as Pouvoir was inspired by the zeal to deliver budget-friendly smartphones with superior
gaming experience.

The first of its kind 6.8-inch TECNO POVA, is powered by Mediatek Helio G80 octa-core processor and hyper-
engine game technology that transforms gameplay experience giving ultimate stability and a high refresh rate.
Additionally, users will benefit from the “Game Space,” “Game Mode,” and “Game Assistant 2.0” features,
allowing them to switch to the “do not disturb” function, a much-anticipated experience all gamers will
absolutely enjoy.

The TECNO POVA is also equipped with a power-packed multitasking effect ramped up by 6GB RAM and 128GB
of internal memory. The device also has a 6000mAh super big battery, 18W Dual IC Flash charger, a standby
time of 30 days and the ability to play music for 8 days straight, on just a single charge. It’s the perfect
smartphone offering a way to worry less about low battery.

The new devices are available for purchase this November and for the rest of November, customers will enjoy
amazing discounts, instant and mega prizes on TECNO devices.

Continue Reading

Metro News

BREAKING: Court Jails Rep Member For Lying

Published

on

BREAKING: Court Jails Rep Member For Lying

Court

A member of the House of Representatives, Victor Mela has been sentenced to one-month imprisonment by a Magistrate Court in Wuse, Zone 6.

The lawmaker who represents Billiri/Balanga federal constituency was, however, given an option of fine.

Also Read: North Is The Worst Place To Live In Nigeria -Sultan of Sokoto

Recall that on November 10 that a magistrate court found the lawmaker guilty of lying under oath while filling the CD001 INEC form prior to the 2019 elections.

The magistrate had, however, set a different date for sentencing of the lawmaker after his lawyer pleaded for leniency.

Mr Mela swore to an affidavit thrice, denying citizenship of another country whereas he has a British passport.

 

Continue Reading

Trending