Fights do not always end with hugs and kisses. A fight between a couple means they disagree about something. It can involve yelling and screaming, or it may involve no words at all, but rather the silent treatment or more passive aggressive attempts at making one’s feelings known. But what is important is how you recover from a fight; how you get over a fight and move on. Here are some tips on what not to do after a fight.
Read: 10 ugly things awful husbands do to their wives
1. Tell the world about it
It is natural to want justification for your feelings from your friends and family, and what better way to get it than by posting about your fight online, or calling your mom to gush about what just happened to you? This is one of the worst things you can do, however. Once you have put something out there for others to know about, you cannot take it back. Most likely you will make up with your significant other and things will go back to being blissful; but others do not get to experience that feeling of making up, and their opinion about your significant other can change, due to things you said while you were angry. Most likely you will regret telling others about your fights, so it’s better to keep those things to yourself until your fight is over.
2. Let too much time pass before it is resolved
The longer a fight goes unresolved, the harder it will be to overcome. Leaving feelings to fester can only bring more anger to the issue. Some people need to take a minute to calm down, take a walk or think about what happened, but once you are level-headed, go back and resolve things. It may take a few more rounds of disagreeing, but the sooner you resolve it, the sooner you can move on.
3. Hold on to the anger
Holding on to anger is easy to do. It is harder to forgive, to realize that not everyone is perfect according to your definition, and you need to be able to accept their faults and love them anyway. After my initial anger subsides, I find myself thinking about the good things about my husband, the things that make me love him, and that allows me to let go of my anger and move on. Try doing that instead of letting the things that make you mad keep coming to your mind.
4. Let the same problem continue to upset you
If you find yourself constantly fighting about the same thing, then it is not resolved and it will continue to be a point of contention. Take a moment when you are both calm to try and discuss the issue at length. Perhaps, find a mediator to help you both express your feelings without getting overly emotional. Until the problem is truly resolved, you will not be able to move on in your relationship.
5. Not accept an apology
Even if you are still mad or upset, if someone is genuinely asking for your forgiveness, be willing to give it. Holding it back only prolongs the problem and makes the situation worse. If you still need time to cool off let the person know, but also try to truly accept their apology.
6. Act as if nothing happened
One of the worst things you can do is to pretend that nothing happened. If something upsets you, let your significant other know so you can solve it and move on. If you don’t, you may find yourself exploding one day over something little because of everything you’ve kept locked inside. With that said, remember to pick your battles. If you are too nitpicky about every little thing, it can be exhausting and frustrating for both of you. Know when something really needs to be discussed, and when you can let something go.
7. Be stubborn
Sometimes stubbornness can last longer than anger. If you feel you are right and are not willing to see the other person’s point of view, or refuse to budge, take a step back and try to see if you are more set on being right than on resolving the problem. Don’t be stubborn just to be stubborn.
8. Mention the word divorce
It seems as soon as you say anything about getting a divorce the ball just keeps rolling. If someone has that in any part of their mind it is like saying they don’t want to work on the problem, but would rather walk away. There are times when a marriage doesn’t work, but the majority of the time problems can be resolved. Make it a rule to never even bring that word into the conversation. It will make a big difference for what direction your fights take.
Read: The No. 1 cause of divorce may not be what you think
9. Not kiss and make up
It is important to reach the point in the argument where you both feel better. Take that time to kiss and make up. Tell each other that you love each other, and apologize so that you can both move on. If one person is still upset, take the time to make sure you reach the point where he or she is OK. Don’t walk away, don’t move on; make it a priority for the fight to be completely over before changing the topic or doing something else.
Fighting is never fun, but by not making these nine mistakes, your fights will be more easily resolved. Remember to continue to love who it is you are fighting with, and realize you can get through disagreements.
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Entertainment22 hours ago
‘How Can You Be Angry That Someone Is Happy’ – Singer Davido Blows Hot
- Entertainment23 hours ago
Wizkid Calls Out British Rapper, Tinie Tempah And His Manager Over Unpaid Debts
- Entertainment16 hours ago
BBNaija’s Kiddwaya, Erica Arrive In Sierra Leone; Susan Waya Asks Fans To Pray For Them
- Entertainment22 hours ago
Singer Johnny Drille Releases New Song, ‘Mystery Girl’
- Entertainment19 hours ago
‘I’ve Learnt Not To Worry About Public Perception’ – Nengi
- Entertainment21 hours ago
‘I Don’t Care About Who Talks About Me’ – Bobrisky
- National News16 hours ago
Shehu Sani Reacts To Hisbah’s Call For Scrapping Of Black Friday
- Entertainment22 hours ago
Nicki Minaj Becomes First Female Rapper To Surpass 20 Billion Streams On Spotify