1. You’re not “wasting your time” if you don’t know whether or not you want to end up with the person you’re dating. How can you know if you really want to be with someone without giving it a try?
2. But you might be wasting your time if you know the person you’re with has no intention of staying with you forever. Don’t hang around because you think you can convince someone to like you. Don’t assume someone is going to change. Don’t stay with someone who doesn’t take you seriously. Know your worth.
3. If you have a gut feeling that your significant other isn’t the one, listen to it. Don’t ignore it because your life timeline says you have to get engaged in two years and you don’t want to go through the process of finding someone new again. The minute you start to feel uneasy about your relationship, take action. You don’t want to wake up at 30 and decide now is the time to find someone else when you could have ended it years ago.
4. It’s not worth it to stay with someone if all you do is fight. If you aren’t married and you don’t have kids, you shouldn’t have to keep trying to fix your relationship. After all, you can only fix so much. At some point you need to give it up, move on, and remember that if it’s meant to be, you’ll get back together.
5. And it’s definitely not worth it to stay with someone who makes you cry. You deserve to be happy, and there are plenty of people out there who would do the opposite of causing you tears. Why not start looking for that person now?
6. Don’t move in together because you think it will save you money or because you have no one to live with and you don’t want to move back in with your parents. Move in together because you love each other and because you are ready.
7. A shared home is not a reason to stay together. An apartment is not a baby or a marriage certificate. You don’t have to keep fighting for your relationship because you’ve already committed to each other financially. If it’s not working, it’s not working, and you need to accept that.
8. Don’t hook up with or date your friends. The minute you get involved physically and/or emotionally with a friend, you are taking a big risk, both with your relationship with that person and the relationship with all of your mutual friends. If it goes well, great, but if it doesn’t, your friends will either choose sides, destroying your friend group, or they won’t choose sides at all and will just feel uncomfortable around the two of you. They’ll also never talk to you about it, leaving you with no one to vent to when things go south.
9. It’s never too early to start talking about what you want in life with your partner. You might find out after dating for five years that one of you wants kids and the other doesn’t. But what if you found that out five years ago? Wouldn’t you want to address these types of situations now so you don’t spend your 20s with someone it’s just not going to work out with?
10. If someone wants to be with you, they will be with you. You won’t have to convince them or force them or annoy them. You won’t have to listen to excuses like “I’m too busy for a relationship” or “I wouldn’t be a good boyfriend/girlfriend.” You won’t have to overanalyze comments like “I’m not into you,” which — by the way — always means they’re actually just not into you. If two people are into each other, they will be together. Sure, love sometimes isn’t enough, but it’s enough to at least spark an exclusive relationship — no work necessary.
11. Don’t compare your love life to anyone else’s. It doesn’t matter if you feel like “everyone is single” or “everyone is in a relationship.” You need to do you. If it takes you longer than your friends to find that special someone, then so be it. And if you find that special someone before any of your friends get into serious relationships, then whatever. Life is different for everyone. Go with it.
12. Don’t base decisions about your love life on a timeline you created years ago of when you want to be married and start having kids. Things will happen when they happen. The only thing you’re doing if you rush into something because of an unofficial timeline is increasing your chance of a divorce. You’re still young. Now is the time to try things out and make crazy, impulsive decisions. After all, there’s no such thing as a bad decision when it comes to love. There are just experiences that you learn from. And you’d rather have those experiences at 28 than in your 30s, 40s, 50s or even later, right?
This post originally appeared on ForeverTwentySomethings.com
Exotic Resorts May Be the Best Bet for a Holiday
An exotic vacation usually means exploring a distant foreign country, whilst resorts are places
to go for rest, sport, or which offers a particular speciality, with many resorts being part of a
popular tourist destination or on or near a beach. If you are planning a vacation to an exotic
resort it can be a once-in-a-lifetime vacation to a far-flung destination or a luxurious place to
stay closer to home where you can enjoy some pampering.
Why stay at an exotic resort
Exotic resorts often offer all-inclusive vacation deals, along with other options that leave you
to plan your stay more precisely to your own wishes. These resorts offer excellent customer
service, superb accommodation and facilities and are usually to be found in beautiful settings.
Here are some of the best resorts from around the world for you to consider:
Four Seasons Resort, Seychelles
This famous resort has made many feel they have entered Paradise. The gentle ocean breeze
floats up the granite hillside and into your tree-house villa tucked away from the other guests
staying at the resort. This is perfect for encouraging you to relax, either by your private pool
or in the clear blue waters of Petite Anse Bay. Perfect for a romantic stay, there is a Spa for
pampering and the chance for a sunset meal on a deserted beach.
Some enjoy simply sitting on their balcony, gazing at the ocean between reading their book,
sketching or checking out international bookmakers and betting sites for the chance of a
flutter. If you want another type of adrenaline kick, check out the resorts excellent kayaking
and snorkelling facilities, which are recommended by nearly all who try it.
Anantara Resort, Hua Hin, Thailand
The ultimate tropical getaway, the Anantara Resort is an award-winning site modelled on a
traditional Thai village and is just three hours drive south of Bangkok. The location is where
Thai royalty and aristocrats have been holidaying for almost one-hundred years. Today, you
can visit historical attractions alongside theme parks and shops as well as vineyards and golf
The resort is set among 14 acres of lush tropical grounds with lotus-filled lagoons and
meandering pathways through exotic foliage, with many rooms overlooking the shoreline.
Each day, chefs prepare freshly caught local seafood alongside Thai specialities. The resort
also has an award-winning spa located within a lagoon-inspired oasis offering you the perfect
opportunity to relax.
Kurumba is a well-established resort that opened almost 50 years ago and continues to offer
superb hospitality and contemporary facilities. There are seven speciality restaurants offering
cuisine from Italy to the Middle East as well as Thila, a restaurant which extends out over the
water which offers gourmet breakfasts and seafood dinners.
You can go snorkelling over the nearby reef full of colourful marine life or sign up to a dive
package as part of your stay, or just enjoy a private pool when staying at one of the spacious
villages. There are also deluxe beachfront bungalows offering direct beach access and views
of the crystal-clear waters.
Healthcare Workers To Receive Coca-Cola-Funded PPEs From Nigerian Red Cross
Since the outbreak of the Coronavirus disease in Nigeria, our healthcare workers have continued to lead the charge against the disease. As the number of recorded COVID-19 cases in Nigeria began to increase, these healthcare workers rose to the challenge and fought tirelessly to protect the lives of Nigerians impacted by the disease.
Considering the risks these healthcare workers face, there is a crucial need for adequate protective equipment for these brave frontline workers.
Coca-Cola is excited that over 400,000 Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) procured to support the intervention efforts of the Nigerian Government and other key stakeholders to fight the COVID 19 pandemic have arrived. We do believe that this will to provide succor to our healthcare workers on the frontlines
These PPEs comprise N95 respirators, surgical masks, examination gloves, face shields, medical gowns, no-touch thermometers, disposable aprons, heavy-duty rubber gloves, rubber boots, basic masks, disposable gloves, and hand sanitizers.
Since the first confirmed case of the disease in Nigeria reported in February, over 800 healthcare workers have contracted the disease. While Nigerians are encouraged to stay home where possible and practice social distancing, these healthcare workers are needed across the country in the continued fight against the disease.
This donation forms part of The Coca-Cola Foundation’s COVID-19 relief interventions in Nigeria. The Coca-Cola Foundation has provided $2.5m in grant to IFRC who seeks to directly impact the lives of 1.4 million people in Nigeria and across other countries in West and Central Africa under this partnership.
Taking Care of Tomorrow’s Leaders Today – The itel, Lagos Food Bank Example
Waking up to a special meal or choice gift is the best feeling ever. Hundreds of children in Mushin, mainland Lagos, had a filling taste of this feeling for the October 1 st celebrations. It’s an experience they will remember for a long time.
Being one of the most responsible corporate citizens around, celebrating Independence Day was always going to be on the radar for itel Mobile. To make this possible and memorable, the brand got to work in earnest. The focus of the work was picking the best way to commemorate the 60th independence anniversary of the most populous black nation on earth.
The efforts soon paid off through an impact-driven partnership with the Lagos Food Bank Initiative. With the arrangement, both partners considered a couple of activities capable of affecting communities positively and bringing smiles to people’s faces in Lagos. At the end of the exercise, taking care of children, the leaders of tomorrow, in the commercial city secured the highest votes.
With the decision, itel Mobile set about making this happen. Not surprisingly, the decision was
influenced by giving children the means to excel and prepare them for leadership and nation-building, for them to enjoy better life. For the good of their immediate family, community and the Nigerian society.
Idiko, Mushin, a suburb of mainland Lagos, was chosen as the benefiting community. And the partners strategically reached out to the beneficiaries, children and families, with gifts of love, care, happiness and support made possible by the itel Love Always On CSR initiative.
Over 1,000 families benefited from the gesture as well as 600 children, and each one of them received food packages to celebrate Nigeria’s 60 th Independence Day commemoration.
Speaking on the event and itel’s Love Always On CSR Initiative, Oke Umurhohwo, itel’s Marketing Manager said, ‘We wanted to mark this year’s Independence Day celebrations differently, and that is why we did something so momentous for our children. Children are the backbone of any longstanding community, and as such, we are proud to be able to give back and support them on their journey as leaders of tomorrow and for a better life.’
To meet the demands of the memorable event, 30 volunteers joined the customer-centric brand and the Lagos-based NGO to share smiles, and to convey just how important it is to love and take care of today’s children who will ultimately become leaders of tomorrow.
With the thoughtful activity, there are insights for everyone, from the government to citizens, on partnerships that are capable of making life better for children. Indeed, itel Mobile and the Lagos Food Bank Initiative have offered a great template on bringing this to reality.
- News Feed22 hours ago
“I don’t care about #EndSARS”- Edo state deputy governor’s son slams protesters
- Entertainment23 hours ago
Actress Ada Ameh Breaks Down In Tears; Begs Government To Allow Her Bury Daughter (Video)
- News Feed22 hours ago
Hoodlums Looting At Bode Thomas Street In Lagos (VIDEO)
- News Feed22 hours ago
Sanwo-Olu Confirms Lekki Toll Gate CCTV Still Intact
- News Feed22 hours ago
Tinubu’s Son Jets Out To London With Family As Angry Nigerians Destroy Father’s Known Investments
- National News19 hours ago
BREAKING: Hoodlums Invade Ondo Prison, Release Inmates
- National News19 hours ago
Ekiti Extends Curfew Indefinitely
- Entertainment20 hours ago
Naomi Campbell Reacts After Being Tagged A “Culture Vulture” By Davido’s Manager, Asa Asika