Connect with us

Metro News

Boko Haram: Buratai Seeks Strong Collaboration With DSS, Police, Others

Published

on

Nigerian-ArmyThe Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Yusuf Buratai, on Tuesday said that in line with President Muhammadu Buhari’s December deadline for stamping out Boko Haram, more equipment and troops have been deployed to the Northeast.

Addressing officers and men of 130 Battalion of the Nigerian Army in Okuku, Ogoja Local Government Area of Cross River State, Buratai called for the commitment of the soldiers to achieve the target.

He said, “So far our operations in the northeast of the country are gathering momentum. They are doing very well and doing the Nigerian Army very proud. I am sure some of you have been in touch with them and some of you may still be going there in the future. The operation there is going very well.

“We have to keep focus on Mr. President’s mandate of keeping to the deadline. We have to work hard to make sure the operation succeeds and I believe we can do it. We have gotten more equipment and have deployed more troops to the northeast”.

The Army chief also stressed the need for collaboration with other security agencies.

“I want you to note that on internal security, you cannot operate alone. You must cooperate with other security agencies. You must have a strong collaboration with the police, civil defence, the DSS and others”, he said

Gen. Buratai, who is still embarking on familiarization tour of Army formations and units nationwide, said he was in Ogoja to identify with the challenges of the soldiers.

He said, “I would find time to go to your individual units and formations. I am here to identify with your pressing challenges as it pertains to general administration and internal security.

“Here in the barracks we have taken steps to improve accommodation, we are renovating dilapidated structures. We are also looking at issues of medicals as well as your children’s education. Already I have set up a committee to go round the schools to check issues of high and arbitrary fees. We would address issues of your welfare properly”.

Metro News

Nigeria’s Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Published

on

Nigeria's Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Communications minister, Isa Pantami

Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Ali Pantami, has announced the loss of his 13-year-old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali.

The Minister took to his Twitter account on Monday night to announce this sad news.

Pantami stated that the funeral prayer for the deceased will be conducted in Abuja on Tuesday at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2.

Also Read: Gunmen Evict NIDCOM Staff From Office On Minister’s Order

The post by the minister announcing the incident reads; “Inna lil Laahi wa inna ilaiHi Rajiun! My 13-year old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali (Amal) passed away just a moment ago.

“Due to some necessities, funeral prayer tomorrow at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2, immediately after Zuhr prayer In sha Allah. May Allah forgive and be merciful to her.”

 

Continue Reading

Metro News

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Published

on

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Governor Wike

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has imposed a 24-hour total curfew for two weeks on some parts of Port-Harcourt, the state capital.

The Governor made this known during a broadcast on Sunday where he noted that the curfew begins from Monday 23rd November 2020.

The statement noted that the upsurge noticed by the state government in cases of cult activities, other forms of violence, and killings is responsible for the curfew.

Also Read: Umahi Unhappy With PDP Because Atiku Picked Peter Obi – Wike

Wike in the statement declared that the entire area along and around the Okoro-nodu flyover up to a one-kilometre radius from Saint Emmanuel Anglican Church, Rumuokoro, extending to the Rumuodomaya Slaughter and Local Government daily market will be affected.

He added that no form of trading, human or vehicular movement is allowed in the affected areas until further notice.

Continue Reading

Metro News

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Published

on

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Bello Matawalle

Governor of Zamafara, Bello Matawalle has announced the release of 11 kidnapped victims.

According to reports, ten of the victims were male and a female from Bukkuyum Local Government Area.

Matawalle received the rescued kidnapped victims on Saturday night at the Government House in Gusau, the state capital.

The Commissioner of Security and Home Affairs, Abubakar Muhammed Dauran revealed that the victims were released without paying a ransom.

Also Read: Nigeria still needs SARS, Zamfara gov, Matawalle insists

He stated they were released as a result of the peace initiative and stakeholders meeting summoned by Governor Matawalle with all critical stakeholders from Bukkuyum Local Government Area on Thursday.

Governor Matawalle assured that his administration will not rest on its oars until total peace is achieved in all parts of the state.

 

Continue Reading

Trending