Just like anything that is torn, broken hearts require mending.
Unfortunately, the process of putting those pieces back together can be rather difficult. Each experience of heartache is different, thus, there is not a single formula that will help fix every case.
However, there are three basic stitches that can be used to ensure that your shattered heart is mended properly.
Stitch #1: Get it all out
This first stitch is extremely important.
The worst thing you could possibly do when you are feeling hurt is bottle it up. Yes, it is hard to feel your heart being ripped apart, and the natural reaction is to try and suppress such unpleasant emotions, but don’t do it.
When you bury heartache, it does not simply go away. It goes dormant. Eventually, it will rise to the surface, making you feel the pain all over again.
One way or the other, your heart is going to force you to face your feelings- might as well get it over with sooner than later.
So, get it all out! Let yourself mourn the loss of something that was once wonderful. Remember that it is okay to cry. The pain you are feeling just shows that you loved with all of your heart. You used it well. Now it is time to use it in a different way.
Stitch #2: Get busy
When your whole life seems to be crumbling before your eyes, it is easy to give up and slump into a depression.
Don’t do it.
Don’t let that empty hole in your chest turn into a black hole, taking with it every hope of happiness. Instead, fill that space with your dreams and stitch it back together.
Get out and do things. Have fun. Learn something new.
If you have always wanted to learn how to play the guitar, sign up for lessons. Join that book club. Have a girls’ night. Learn how to cook that fancy dish you love. Go on walks with your dog. Visit your cousin in California you’ve been dying to see for the past 3 years. Volunteer at a soup kitchen. Be around people.
Don’t lock yourself in the house with chick flicks and chocolate chunk ice cream. This kind of behavior is acceptable for the first night or two, but after that, it is time to get busy finding a new happy place.
Stitch #3: Feel
When a heart is broken, it is crucial that the owner mends it properly.
Unfortunately, too many people neglect to use this last, most important stitch when trying to recover from heartache. This final stitch requires you to open your heart back up and feel love again.
Often those who have suffered from a torn heart will attempt this stitch, but fail to feel the proper emotion required to complete it. Instead, they will open their heart up to feelings of anger, bitterness, depression, anxiety, regrets, hate, revenge, self-pity and insecurity.
Allowing your heart to dwell on these feelings will not help your heart to heal. It will twist and harden it.
The only feelings that will help fix your shattered heart are love, forgiveness, happiness, confidence and peace.
Now, I know these are not easily felt when one experiences the sorrow of heartache. However, it is very important that you allow yourself to feel these emotions. Feelings of love and forgiveness heal emotional wounds like nothing else can.
As you use these three simple stitches in your life, you will feel your broken pieces begin to mend.
Remember that healing takes time. There is no “quick fix” for mending a broken heart. You will still have to go through the heartache and pain. However, using these stitches will help your wounds to heal correctly and give you back a healthy and happy heart.
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- National News23 hours ago
Gowon Describes UK MP’s Fraud Allegations As False
- National News23 hours ago
Gowon: AfDB President Adesina Warns Against Misinformation
- Entertainment7 hours ago
Singer Jennifer Lopez Goes Nude On New Cover Art
- Politics20 hours ago
Injustice Made Me To Dump PDP For APC – Senator Abbo
- National News20 hours ago
Buhari Will Set Nigeria On Fire If He Doesn’t Implement People’s Demands —Wike
- National News23 hours ago
Former Lawmaker, Shehu Sani Accuses FG Of Using Huge Loans To Buy Substandard Chinese Railway Locomotives
- Entertainment3 hours ago
Wizkid Calls Out British Rapper, Tinie Tempah And His Manager Over Unpaid Debts
- Entertainment7 hours ago
South African Rapper, Cassper Nyovest Lauds Wizkid’s ‘Made In Lagos’ Album